Awake - Upcoming Fall Drama from NBC

Oct 2, 2008
I hope this isn't a duplicate thread.

I am SO excited for this upcoming drama it's ridiculous.

If you haven't watched the trailer, you can watch it here:

[If you can't see the link, here's a direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDbF8b9wkMs]

Also a brief summary from Wikipedia:

Police detective Michael Britten (Jason Isaacs) regains consciousness following a car accident involving his wife Hannah (Laura Allen) and his son Rex (Dylan Minnette). Michael moves back and forth between two realities: in one, Rex survived while Hannah is dead; in the other, Hannah survived but Rex did not. Trying to keep both his loved ones alive, Michael starts living a "double life," moving back and forth between the two realities, dealing with different personal conflicts and police partners. He also starts noticing strange links between the two realities.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is probably the drama I'm most looking forward to in the Fall (#2 is Terra Nova ^^)

This looks like one of those series that you need to watch from the very beginning to fully understand (anyone else getting "Lost" vibes? XD). Shows that build on each episode don't tend to do very well, so hopefully this'll prove that tendency wrong and become a big hit.

I also found it amusing that Wilmer Valderrama (of That 70's Show fame) plays a detective in one of the realities.

Anyone else looking forward to this show??

http://forum.purseblog.com/#cite_note-3

I am! I've watched the previews for most of the fall shows, and there are seriously so many shows I want to watch!

This one looks pretty good, but definitely the kind of show that needs to be watched from the beginning to be understood. I imagine it would get pretty confusing if you missed an ep!

Yes, I'm watching and I like it so far. A bit confusing in the beginning but now with the 3rd episode, I get it. Reddish filter & red kitchen utensils when he is with his wife & greenish filter & green kitchen utensils when he is with his son.

Also the different work partners help to differentiate when he is working on the case.

I forgot about this show so I missed the 2 episodes. I DVR'd the 3rd episode but feel like this is one of those shows you have to catch from the beginning

I like the show. Also when he is with his wife, the scene is always bright and sunny but when he is with his son, the scenes are dark and gloomy. Its not hard to keep up with even though I missed the first episode.

^yes... Yet, unlike some other shows I do not see this one growing from ep to ep... I don't know ... it's hard to explain, but I keep watching it cause it has such amazing actors in it I feel I almost HAVE to ... yet...
:shrugs:

It's weird... I feel like from one episode to the next there is not much progression between the father and son. It's like they make some kind of headway into getting close and then next ep the son is being a brat again. Does a lot of time pass between episodes (kinda like Downton Abbey)?

This latest ep where they made Britten seem just as schizophrenic as the patient is sort of intense.

Randomly I'd like to say I love the shirts Britten wears, too. Hehe. But mainly I keep watching because every single case has been so interesting so far! The writers are packing a lot of drama into every episode.

Any guesses as to what the conspiracy is? You know that whole thing where his boss is angry and keeps saying, "I'll take care of it" and etc. I'm so curious to know if there's something criminal going on or something a little more fantastical a la Fringe.

I also just don't even know which of the two worlds is real. I think it depends if there is something science-y going on or he's just really not dealing with the deaths.

Any guesses as to what the conspiracy is? You know that whole thing where his boss is angry and keeps saying, "I'll take care of it" and etc. I'm so curious to know if there's something criminal going on or something a little more fantastical a la Fringe.

I also just don't even know which of the two worlds is real. I think it depends if there is something science-y going on or he's just really not dealing with the deaths.

thats the thing, I cant figure out if its science fiction or mystery...i guess we'll have to watch more to figure out...I hope its not another LOST, where he ends up being the one who died or something like that

I still need to catch up on the first 2 episodes but I like it! I am confused on which of the worlds is real. I think the world with his son is the real world. Is it me or does anyone else notice that when he is with his wife everything is so bright, but when he is with his son everything is kinda dark and gloomy?

I'm still confused on which world is real. I was confused after the penguin episode but felt that episode was kinda genius!