Avril Lavigne

crowgal said:
WAIT a minute....You think her TRUE COLORS SHINING THROUGH? Well, she went about all wrong!!

The problem I have with her is THIS: When she started out, she was all punk & "hardcore" anti-"Barbie", totally against the look of being polished & couture, high fashion etc, blah, blah . That's fine. You are what you are.

BUT WHERE SHE WENT WRONG IS THAT SHE BADMOUTHED those who fit that mold. Now, she's all haughty & high fashion cuz Chanel pays her some bucks.

FAKE & COMPLETE SELL-OUT. And why in the world, out of all the people out there, would they pick HER? YUCK!!! :mad::sick:

Hrmmm, when I was 12 I hated wearing skirts and the color pink and now all I wear are skirts and *gasp* I even like pink! *shame* I'm such a poser.

Keep in mind that the studios pretty much tell their clients how to act, speak, dress, etc. If you don't do what they say, there are a million other girls out there ready to take your place. Maybe she was just a tomboy and then she grew up? Surprise, surprise? I really have no idea. I think she was more of a "poser" back then than now anyways.

crowgal said:
WAIT a minute....You think her TRUE COLORS SHINING THROUGH? Well, she went about all wrong!!

The problem I have with her is THIS: When she started out, she was all punk & "hardcore" anti-"Barbie", totally against the look of being polished & couture, high fashion etc, blah, blah . That's fine. You are what you are.

BUT WHERE SHE WENT WRONG IS THAT SHE BADMOUTHED those who fit that mold. Now, she's all haughty & high fashion cuz Chanel pays her some bucks.

FAKE & COMPLETE SELL-OUT. And why in the world, out of all the people out there, would they pick HER? YUCK!!! :mad::sick:

i agree!!! that's what i hate about her, before she was bad mouthing all those girls with the designers and avoided desaigner wear on her... but then she was caught wearing speedy LV. and when she was asked on that mag, she said that it was a gift, and any girl who can afford vuitton will buy a vuitton! now, why did she had to act like a total punk bfore?? she's so stupid, but she always said that she's better than all the other teenage pop singer her age. her smile is sooo fakes, and i think karl lagerfeld is on the verge of going down that he ever comes up of choosing her! i prefer MJ's choice on meg white.

xikry5talix said:
Hrmmm, when I was 12 I hated wearing skirts and the color pink and now all I wear are skirts and *gasp* I even like pink! *shame* I'm such a poser.

I think you're missing the point....yes, we all change, but she OPENED HER BIG MOUTH & DISSED WHAT SHE IS NOW REPRESENTING.

Either she ADMITS she was an IDIOT POSER (either by her own doing OR by allegedly directed so from a record company) or she should not be a PAID endorser for something she so vehemently against.

crowgal said:
I think you're missing the point....yes, we all change, but she OPENED HER BIG MOUTH & DISSED WHAT SHE IS NOW REPRESENTING.

Either she ADMITS she was an IDIOT POSER (either by her own doing OR by allegedly directed so from a record company) or she should not be a PAID endorser for something she so vehemently against.

Who cares what she did in the past. Im happy she ditched her baggy pants,and tie.She isnt harming anyone..its her life.I dont want to be rude but can you not use caps lock?..its like your screaming at everyone that dosnt agree wit you.:flowers:

Jadore said:
Who cares what she did in the past. Im happy she ditched her baggy pants,and tie.She isnt harming anyone..its her life.I dont want to be rude but can you not use caps lock?..its like your screaming at everyone that dosnt agree wit you.:flowers:

When i don't want to STRESS a point, then I will not use caps. Thank you for your opinion...

When i don't want to STRESS a point, then I will not use caps. Thank you for your opinion...

And what point would that be? That she is pretending to be something she's not? Maybe she was just going through a "I hate the world" stage. Geeze, give the girl a break. Okay, you think she's a poser because she used to be "punk" and now she is dressing very feminine and classy. She used to talk trash about what she now is. Hrm, sounds pretty much like every teenager growing into an adult to me.

I think she looks amazing and yes, growing up! Who hasn't changed their style from age 18 - 25 ??

BTW there was a pic of her in People I think, in a vintage Armani black and white strapless gown. Rock on!

I'm not disputing the fact that she may look good. I definitely hope that they would make her look good for a Chanel ad!

But, my opinion is that she is a former teenage popstar sellout & isn't the best pick for Chanel.

crowgal said:
I'm not disputing the fact that she may look good. I definitely hope that they would make her look good for a Chanel ad!

But, my opinion is that she is a former teenage popstar sellout & isn't the best pick for Chanel.

OMG!!! i hope they're not planning on using her for a chanel ad... i'll begin to lose my faith in karl :rant:

sell-out. sorry, but she's turned into the type of people she dissed. that's not growing up, that's called a sell-out. i watch her MVs, listen to her songs: Complicated, Sk8ter Boi, etc ok... she is very pretty and i don't see her with drama like most socialite queens... but doing a switcheroo from Punk-Rebel Thick black eyeliner-Swearing-girl to Miss Couture-Wearing Chanel-kissing-Lagerfield (you guys saw that pic?), *barf* is like a big stab to what made her unique.

i guess that's what it all comes down to, money can buy just about anything these days. even your soul. lesson learned: young or not young, you just don't diss other people.

* i'm not attacking anyone or Avril Lavigne, i am just expressing my opinion. i'm not a hater.

ariana said:
sell-out. sorry, but she's turned into the type of people she dissed. that's not growing up, that's called a sell-out. i watch her MVs, listen to her songs: Complicated, Sk8ter Boi, etc ok... she is very pretty and i don't see her with drama like most socialite queens... but doing a switcheroo from Punk-Rebel Thick black eyeliner-Swearing-girl to Miss Couture-Wearing Chanel-kissing-Lagerfield (you guys saw that pic?), *barf* is like a big stab to what made her unique.

i guess that's what it all comes down to, money can buy just about anything these days. even your soul. lesson learned: young or not young, you just don't diss other people.

* i'm not attacking anyone or Avril Lavigne, i am just expressing my opinion. i'm not a hater.

Well said!:yes:

She's so young but I hope they make it! (story on people.com)

---------------

Avril Lavigne wed Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley on Saturday afternoon at a private estate in Montecito, Calif., a source confirms to PEOPLE.
At the outdoor, non-denominational ceremony, Lavigne was walked down the aisle by her father, John, to Mendelssohn's "Wedding March." She wore a Vera Wang gown and carried a bouquet of white roses.
The couple said their vows under an awning decorated with white flowers in front of 110 guests, including family and friends from their native Ontario.
Once the groom had kissed the bride, guests tossed rose petals at the newlyweds as they walked back up the aisle.
After the wedding, guests were to be treated to an outdoor cocktail hour before the reception, including a sit-down dinner, under a tent on the estate. In contrast to the all-white ceremony, the reception will have a red theme, with centerpieces of red roses and other flowers.
The couple's first dance is expected to be to the Goo Goo Dolls' "Iris."
Lavigne, 21, and Whibley, 26, have been together for two years, and became engaged in Venice, Italy, in June 2005, while Lavigne was on the last leg of her European tour.
In late 2004 Lavigne started sporting a small pink heart-shaped tattoo with the letter "D" on her right wrist, supposedly for her guitarist-singer-lyricist beau.
When Whibley was spotted wearing a silver band on his left ring finger earlier this year, he shot down rumors that the pair had already tied the knot, telling Teen People, "I've been practicing (playing guitar) with it. … It's fun to mess with the press."
The bride has been especially busy these past few months. Besides preparing for the wedding and giving voice to a possum in the animated film Over the Hedge, Lavigne has a third album in the works. (Her first two albums were 2002's Grammy-nominated Let Go and 2004's Under My Skin.)
Of her new album, she told PEOPLE in May, "there's going to be some love songs on there. That's what I feel, so that's what I'm going to end up writing."
credit:People.aol.com