Avril Lavigne

love said:
Sorry, I can't help but laugh at your thread title abandoned. :P

"Thunk it": Is that new slang?? LOL! I'm a grammar stickler but "thunk" is pretty cute!

LOL! love,bags you're silly girl! No, its not slang. Ben Stiller said it in Meet the Fockers (I think, might've been another one of his movies). If you've seen that movie, remember it's at the part where he's on stage talking after Jack shot him with the true serum. He's talking about his "son" and says "Who woulda thunk it"

abandonedimages said:
LOL! love,bags you're silly girl! No, its not slang. Ben Stiller said it in Meet the Fockers (I think, might've been another one of his movies). If you've seen that movie, remember it's at the part where he's on stage talking after Jack shot him with the true serum. He's talking about his "son" and says "Who woulda thunk it"

Okay just checked and he doesnt say it in Meet the Fockers. .now I cant remember where I heard it and its going to bother me all day. Boo.

I think Avril still has her punk style but cleaned up. You see pieces of her old self in her new image which I love!

A lot of pics I see of her is w/a chanel! Chanel just interests even the most punked rock girl

I think she is just finding herself.. Maybe she wanted to be punk a few years ago & now realizes it's not her thing. I don't think she is trying to be "fake". I think everyone here has been through style changes as they have grown up. I look back now & cringe at some things I used to wear, hair, makeup, everything! At the time I liked it but looking back, it wasn't me...

I think shes a very pretty girl..I'm glad she's looking more normal. It doesn't change anything about her singing.

SHE'S SUCH A POSER!!! never liked her in teh 1st place, and started hating her more now! she used to despise designer's brands and said that she's punk and rebel while going all with the heavy make-up and the video clips surrounded by boys...
and now gping on chanel just because she can afford it by acting like a punk to sell albums!!
such a loser!!!

I think at first the studios wanted her to be punk and anti-Britney/Christina so that's what she was. After all, she was pretty much just the studio's puppet, but after she branched out on her own and grew up, her true colors are shining through.

xikry5talix said:
I think at first the studios wanted her to be punk and anti-Britney/Christina so that's what she was. After all, she was pretty much just the studio's puppet, but after she branched out on her own and grew up, her true colors are shining through.

WAIT a minute....You think her TRUE COLORS SHINING THROUGH? Well, she went about all wrong!!

The problem I have with her is THIS: When she started out, she was all punk & "hardcore" anti-"Barbie", totally against the look of being polished & couture, high fashion etc, blah, blah . That's fine. You are what you are.

BUT WHERE SHE WENT WRONG IS THAT SHE BADMOUTHED those who fit that mold. Now, she's all haughty & high fashion cuz Chanel pays her some bucks.

FAKE & COMPLETE SELL-OUT. And why in the world, out of all the people out there, would they pick HER? YUCK!!! :mad::sick:

xikry5talix said:

I agree :amuse: I think she also used to pretend to be "punk" as a label. To be honest,there are many people out there that used to be like her,so its mean to pick her out. Alot of people try to label themselves to fit in. I have seen numerous threads in my years of participating in forums saying "How can I be a Juicy Girl" or "What can I wear to be preppy?" or "where can I get emo clothing?".. I think labels are also the stupidest things ever.

Jadore said:
I agree :amuse: I think she also used to pretend to be "punk" as a label. To be honest,there are many people out there that used to be like her,so its mean to pick her out. Alot of people try to label themselves to fit in. I have seen numerous threads in my years of participating in forums saying "How can I be a Juicy Girl" or "What can I wear to be preppy?" or "where can I get emo clothing?".. I think labels are also the stupidest things ever.

Well...that's what happens to posers!! Just be yourself & you won't have any problems & have people question your intentions on what or who you REALLY are.

carson_04 said:
She is back to her old-old ways. I live about 20 mins from where she grew up.. and have a few friends who went to school with her. They said when she was gr. 9-10 she always wore dresses and skirts.. and refused to change for gym class lol.
i like her now.. shes looking beautiful

When I see pictures of her now I always think "she is a looong way from Napenee":lol::lol: