Avril Lavigne

I don't get her at all either. She tries so hard to be punk/hardcore/whatever you call it, and then she gets married in Vera Wang with all the flowers and bridesmaids and tux'ed out husband! Not that a girl can't be punk AND like Vera Wang but IDK, seems like she tries really hard to project a certain image that isn't really her.

Canadian pop star Avril Lavigne is definatley a celebrity that just doesnt sit quite right with me. Do any feel the same? Do any of you disagree?

Here's my two cents:

From the moment she first appeared on MTV brandishing her debut single 'Complicated' back in 2002, it was clear that this was a girl different to all the other sugary-sweet popstars at the time. A girl that was tough, edgy, angry and rebellious.

avril-v-britney-sk8r.jpg

"Oh what a breath of fresh air!" we all thought.

That was, until it became a little too forced. Suddenly every girl in town was sporting poker-straight locks, their mothers eyeliner, their brothers old converses and their dads ties. Oh dear.. suddenly, being rebellious and individual was the 'in' thing.
Oh the irony!

20615-avril-lavigne-sex-e-screensaver.jpg

Everyone began to get a tad bit confused.... but that wasnt until she became the model for Chanel! Certainly Ashlee Simpson was on the right note when she was the face for Skechers shoes during her chick-rock stage? But Avril and Chanel?! That was as crazy as combining..... um........ Avril with Chanel!

avril_lavigne_karl_lagerfeld_chanel_paris_2006.jpg

84758210_5784423c64_o.jpg

And now, in 2007/2008, we are once again greeted with a shiny new, bubblegum-punk version of Avril. Another image change, another dollar! With a shot of Barbie-pink sliced through her blonde locks, and her music videos (such as 'Girlfriend' and 'Hot') containing
choreographed dance routines - with the aid of other female dancers (complete with nose rings, torn fishnets and stud belts), are we to forget her momentary brush with class?

Apparently 'The Best Damn Thing' to do with your fans to confuse the heck out of them!

avril_ugh1.jpg

girlfrienddz5.jpg

Lets not forget that Avril is infact married to Sum41 member Derek Whibley (tying the knot back in 2006). So is it possible she can still reach out to her younger fans and maintain the act as a missunderstood, independant, rebellious teen always singing about boys (and how to get them to dump their nerdy girlfriends and be with her instead), all the while, being a dedicated wife?!

avril_lavigne.jpg

It just doesnt match up.

The majority of us arn't taking her very seriously at the moment because the contradictions seem endless. Avril actually seems like an ordinary girl that was manufactured to be something shes not. While most celebrities portray their 'character' in public to maintain what we, the public, are greeted with on the tv or the radio, for a millionaire teen, Avril sure does seem to be a moody brat off air!

mmm..... classy!!! Thanks Karl!

so whats your views?

i happen to be a haters...
i never liked her from the very beginning. it was obvious that she's not a real punk but try to say that she's punk, she's cool and she's rebel...

yeah a rebel who took more than an hour a day to put make up on her face... LOL

it's clear that she's a made up project to print money

and she's certainly karl's biggest mistake, i don't understand why karl supported her

i happen to be a haters...
i never liked her from the very beginning. it was obvious that she's not a real punk but try to say that she's punk, she's cool and she's rebel...

yeah a rebel who took more than an hour a day to put make up on her face... LOL

it's clear that she's a made up project to print money

and she's certainly karl's biggest mistake, i don't understand why karl supported her

ITA esp. about Karl. Hated her from the beginning