Average Size of American Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 5'4" and 125 pounds, size 34C. I wear a size 4 pants and a small/medium in shirts. I'm completely happy with my sizes, but I just wear what fits. I would like to be more toned and I am working on it, if that makes me gain a little weight, so be it.

Fit is not a number, it's a lifestyle.

I'm a curvy sz 12. For the fashion industry that's monstrously HUGE, but just looking around at other women I feel like I'm pretty average :shrugs:

At 5'7" I feel a little taller than average, especially if I wear heels. A lot of pants are way too short on me, but the "tall" is usually an inch too long! :Push:

ITA that most men prefer curves. I've NEVER had a man call me fat, only *****y women :blah:

Im a size 8. 5'7 and a 36 C....148lbs

A few months ago I was a 12-14 and a 38 D.....193lbs
Im happier now...and I notice that most 8's are always gone when Im looking for something I really want. Having said that when I was a 12-14...those were always gone too!!!

Hmm i suck recalculating sizing...

im 1.70 tall and about 50 Kg's with a B cup which is considered thin i guess..
size 0-2 in America i think?!

Anyhow, it is surprising to see how the whole image of this changes, i am not against curved woman on magazines i am only mildly annoyed that it is becoming such a hype that these woman look down on me as being "abnormally thin or anorexic"

Even clothing stores are stocking less and less smaller sizes, do people realyhave to make sucha big deal about the ideal hight and weight?!

o yeah and im sorry to say,
If you are bigger there is a higher chance of diabetes and other complications, i dont think we want to promote that to all the thinner girls out there who want to fit in in about 20 years.

Just like thos skinny models who might have promoted curvier woman to become anorexic :smile:

Height 5'3.5" (1.65 meters) - This is me...

Weight 143 lbs. - SCRATCH THAT. SunnyFreckles weight? F.A.T. A.Z.Z!!!

Chest 35.9" (91.2 cm.) - SCRATCH THAT. SunnyFreckles boobs? Super huge!!!

Waist 29" (72 cm.) - SCRATCH THAT. SunnyFreckles waist? Smaller than my hips!!!

Thigh 22-24" (56-61 cm.) - SCRATCH THAT. SunnyFreckles thighs? They gotta be big!!! They have a LOT of butt to support!!!

Hips 39" (100 cm.) - SCRATCH THAT. SunnyFreckles hips? Oh HELL no!!! Curve Central Avenue!!!

^^ im not either...im 5'8" i weigh about 160-165 [i fluctuate] and i honestly don't know my measurements... i wear about a 10-12 in womans...i don't have hips really so i have to shop in juniors a lot, if i don't want the saggy bags on the side of my pants or skirts...lol. i don't mind being "bigger" i just wish it was a smooth bigger..ha ha ha. damn the cellulite!! and i will be losing more weight after i pop this baby out :yes: i would like to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight - 154 or even lower...135-140 sounds nice :yes:

im not american, rather im asian, but im aiming for curves! i'm 5'9 and thin but have a li'l bit of tummy since i got here lol (eating too much is the culprit lol!) but i only weigh 115lbs!! ugh! i wanna weigh 125-130lbs... and no matter how much i eat, I DONT GAIN A LOT OF WEIGHT... i'm not hating it, but i just want a li'l bit more curves esp the hip area.. boo

I'm average height, but the rest I guess I am smaller than average? Just give me time, though. I haven't had kids yet.

(And yes, I realize this is an old thread, but what the hey.)

Last edited:
Well I am 5'5" size 12 and I feel huge. I am not happy with my size. So yeah I always hear that I am "average" but I don't want to be average. I have gotten too lazy about working out and I know I eat the wrong things. I should just accept this, but I can't. There are some moments when I am ok with my size but for the most part I'd love to be smaller. I am just a few pounds away from "plus" size - oh no no no! I don't like that at all!!!!! All this talk has made me hungry. :nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.