Average Size of American Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha... losing the bust sucks. I guess since I have always been so tall, it I can put on 10 lbs and it does not show much at all. That's just because I'm so tall that it just kinda evens its way out around my whole body.

I haven't been working out much lately (busy and an injury), but I'm in the best shape of my life and I feel healthy and good. I still don't see how any girl who is my height can wear a size 0 or 2. Ha! Sooo little!!

^^^haha thats what I was thinking when I went to the s/s 06 cruise trunk show @ Dior. All of the models looked sickly but the makeup was definitely good :lol: If you werent really looking at them they'd be beautiful!

I'm 5' 4'' and 126 pounds - keepiing my size 6 is very important to me - perhaps because I am getting older (I'm a grandmother) I think to look as good as I can is a good way for me to keep the age thing from getting to me.

I'm 5'6 - 36 (bust) 29 (waist) 36 (hips). I find it so hard for me to lose weight yet so easy to gain :biggrin:. I gained an extra 15 pounds during my second year of university and I've yet to lose it. :sad:

^ I actually avoided the Frosh 15 when I went to university, actually, I lost 15 lbs since I went vegetarian that year (I just couldn't handle the cafeteria food otherwise !).

I don't think there's really an "ideal" weight in terms of attractiveness other than when it comes to when weight may affect health. I mean, being sickly thin is just as bad as being obese. It's unhealthy.. as long as you're somewhere within that beautiful middle, it's all good !

:noworry:
Curves have been in.ask any black or latino, or carribean islander...they like the thickness...

Ive always been petite. (5'2).Past 5 yrs I was 110. Then college...pizza...etc.
YET Now I'm 'growing up' ... I b/came Bust (37) Waist (26) And booty (34). a size 4? hated it for the past year, but my b/f has showed me it's beautiful.If your latino/blk you know curves have ALWAYS been in.

Now this past 5 years curvy's... (Jlo, beyonce, brooke valentine,Tyra Banks,Trina' Jacki-o (all entertainers)show you look Beautiful from a size 5-to 12. Which 7/8. 9/10 is the average size of these ladies,men NOW are actully speaking up, saying they have liked it.

And the Average size for american woman by a study on the news said, 12 to 14 is the average size now. :embarasse , the height basis was 5'5.

JoV said:
Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. I'm in Kojiko's range, but since I'm probably older and have 2 kids, I wouldn't look as toned as she would be. I'm working on the toning up stuff. I walk alot (due to my job) but as for the rest....thank God some of the better designers design for plus sizes. Otherwise I'd be sewing my own. And I really can't sew clothing other than poncho tunics!

Marilyn Monroe was a 14 but was really proportionate. She had a stunning figure. I would rather have her physique than a skinny and disproportionate one.

But being thin is not always so bad...:sad2: I mean, it's not as if i'm skinny or anything... i've got boobs! but i did my math :P and i weigh about 105 something in american weight-stuff. (47 kg)

^^^Being thin isnt bad at all! :biggrin: I think the point of this thread was that not being thin isn't necessarily as bad as people make it out to be. Especially how it is portrayed in the media.

yeah, im petite, im 5 4" and a 32 barely a B- it sucks so much :sad: i wish i had curves, and what sucks more is that my weight bounces up and down, between seasons im 110, but then when im training im trying to maintain 100, going into 98 last year, it sucks because being a woman means having curves, not being stick thin, im grateful i dont look like a twig, but damn i wish i had a little something to fill in my bras lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.