Workplace Average age of doctoral student?

I agree with thepoppet - it really depends on the discipline and country. Some disciplines tend to have more students who go directly from college than others. Time to graduate varies greatly by the country and whether a Master's is required or not or whether it's something you earn on the way to a PhD. I'd like to also note that there is also variation depending on which school you attend - I find that some schools tend to attract more direct from college folks while others tend to be attended by people who have a few years of work experience first. Also, some schools tend tend to graduate students earlier than others.

Regardless, even though some programs may lean one way or another, I think you'll find students of all ages in a PhD program. Also, I find that a few years difference isn't really noticeable among students, although differences in maturity definitely is. I say as long as you're interested in the subject, go for it!

Hello fellow SDNers! I just joined there a couple months ago, so I'm still a newbie at both these forums :P I'm currently in a professional program and I'm 22 but there are plenty of people in my class that are in their late 20s up to 40s.

I'm another SDNer, too ! But my SDN life is far more legendary and involved than TPF, I have almost 7 k posts and I've been to SDN meets ups even ! Right now I have a 2 year old badge , but by the time I'll graduate I'll be a 5 year member - don't know why it makes me so excited :smile: :biggrin::yahoo:

I think I'll be on SDN forever, by the time I graduate, it'll be time to apply for residencies hence more years on SDN.

as much as I love TPF, SDN is the best forum in the world.

Student Doctor Network, a non-profit website started by a group of docs to aid health professional students pursue their dream careers.

Ah, ok. Looks like a great forum for folks in the health care profession (I did a google search). Do they ever have Medical Anthropologists on there?

Ah, ok. Looks like a great forum for folks in the health care profession (I did a google search). Do they ever have Medical Anthropologists on there?

I'm not sure to be honest, they might now, I know when they first started they only had medicine, dentstry, pharmacy and nursing, but it looks they have added quite a few clinical professions, so they might :smile:

I'm another SDNer, too ! But my SDN life is far more legendary and involved than TPF, I have almost 7 k posts and I've been to SDN meets ups even ! Right now I have a 2 year old badge , but by the time I'll graduate I'll be a 5 year member - don't know why it makes me so excited :smile: :biggrin::yahoo:

I think I'll be on SDN forever, by the time I graduate, it'll be time to apply for residencies hence more years on SDN.

:nuts: that's impressive haha. There are people who post in my section who have been around for quite some time too, when I look at their badges and stuff. It's great to be able to make all these connections online :P

I'm not sure to be honest, they might now, I know when they first started they only had medicine, dentstry, pharmacy and nursing, but it looks they have added quite a few clinical professions, so they might :smile:

Sorry to double quote you in different subforums but I figured I might as well try to find the on-topic thread since I knew I had posted here a while back. Somehow I missed that you were going for your PharmD as well! 2 more years for me too...I will be happy to be done with classes at the end of next year and onto rotations!