Automated Sales Calls from Ebay???

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Anyone else here getting automated phone calls from eBay with their latest sales promotion pitch? I got woken up at 8:00 this morning by an idiotic automated call and I have Privacy Director on my phone!!!

It would be bad enough for most people, but I have elderly parents, one that currently has pneumonia. When your phone rings like that, you instantly go into panic mode.

It took me 20 minutes on the Chat to get a number to the Powerseller Support Dept., then another 15 minutes to get to a human being. They got an ear full and then promised they had taken me off their "Courtesy Call" list. As I said to the guy, what kind of courtesy is it to be woken up at 8AM by a freaking computer to tell me something I already get emails about. :mad:

Once again, we are not amused....

I was called and text messaged. I don't want either.

I, too was awakened by a call this morning. I had been up most of the night and had finally gotten to sleep when the phone rang. Upon realizing it was an automated call from eBay, just hung up.

Then later looked at my cell and had a text message from them. I have received a couple of emails already.........enough!!

Ok you guys - found it!

Go to My Ebay, Account tab. Towards the bottom of the page, "Promotions and Surveys" - uncheck it all! :biggrin:

Hmm. I can't seem to find a Promotions & Surveys. Got a screen shot?

Edit: Found it. You have to go to the Notification Preferences link. They were all unchecked, presumably because of my phone call to them this morning.

Last edited:
I have gotten calls from them in the past. Left on my answering machine, as I never answer any 800 numbers. I am also on don't-call list but somehow they slip through. Very annoying. They want to give you "tips" on how to sell. I have not sold anything in months because ebay has gotten so scary!

I was not a happy campy about this! I'm on the DNC list and it royally p**ses me off when I receive 1-800 numbers calling me.

I was emailed, called, and texted as well and I know I've disabled those notifications before in my preferences. :hysteric: