Authentication

lpaigenyc

Dec 22, 2009
Okay, I'm in the process of having a Chloe handbag authenticated by Authenticate4u, who have been nothing but wonderful and responsive. I'm curious though as to Rachel88's problem where Paypal refused to accept authentication from authenticate4u and said they would only accept authentication from mypoupette and caroldiva. I was under the belief that they specialized in LV? Am I wrong? I was told that authenticate4u and fakespotters were the sites to go to for other designers. My concern is if my handbag is confirmed to be counterfit will ebay (or paypal) side with the seller if I have only an authentication document from another company other than mypoupette and caroldiva. Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

If you're claim is SNAD, file through Ebay. I believe that ebay is more likely to recognize an authenticator as being on its "approved" list as well as the fact that ebay tends to be the better venue for filing SNAD claims.

Before paying for an authentication, verify with the authenticator that they do that particular brand. Although I know CarolDiva is prompt and professional in her responses and that she knows LV, for other brands, I've seen her make terrible (and obvious) mistakes.

Although she doesn't admit it, I think she's afraid of losing business if she admits to not being familiar with something so her way of "authenticating" brands that aren't her specialty is to compare pictures to other listings. :sad: And as such, she's made mistakes doing that.

As long as you verify that whoever you choose knows Chloe, you should be fine filing through ebay. Hopefully, it won't be necessary to file any claims.

Okay, I'm in the process of having a Chloe handbag authenticated by Authenticate4u, who have been nothing but wonderful and responsive. I'm curious though as to Rachel88's problem where Paypal refused to accept authentication from authenticate4u and said they would only accept authentication from mypoupette and caroldiva. I was under the belief that they specialized in LV? Am I wrong? I was told that authenticate4u and fakespotters were the sites to go to for other designers. My concern is if my handbag is confirmed to be counterfit will ebay (or paypal) side with the seller if I have only an authentication document from another company other than mypoupette and caroldiva. Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Did the gals at the forum deemed your bag questionable?

Thanks BeenBurned, that is very good to know. I spoke with authenticate4u and they specialize in Chloe (in addition to other designers) and they were able to authenticate my handbag (yea! it's authentic!). I'm very relieved not to have to go through the whole hassle of filing a claim. After read some awful threads on here of people getting scammed and I couldn't stop obsessing about my handbag.

I posted it for the gals on the authentic this thread, but those poor gals are so busy with a million bags to authenticate I went ahead with authenticate4u so I could stop worrying! its only Lescoy and Littlrock over there and every day there are at least 5 more bags to look at and examine, I wish I was an expert on Chloe's so I could help out!! :smile:

Thanks BeenBurned, that is very good to know. I spoke with authenticate4u and they specialize in Chloe (in addition to other designers) and they were able to authenticate my handbag (yea! it's authentic!). I'm very relieved not to have to go through the whole hassle of filing a claim. After read some awful threads on here of people getting scammed and I couldn't stop obsessing about my handbag.

I posted it for the gals on the authentic this thread, but those poor gals are so busy with a million bags to authenticate I went ahead with authenticate4u so I could stop worrying! its only Lescoy and Littlrock over there and every day there are at least 5 more bags to look at and examine, I wish I was an expert on Chloe's so I could help out!! :smile:

Congrats and enjoy your bag!:smile:

Thanks limom and hotshot!
I can finally take the bag out of its dust bag and enjoy, its been sitting there until I could have it authenticated.
Now, I want a Bal bag but I think my using eBay to get my fix is over, too much stress and worrying [sigh].

I can finally take the bag out of its dust bag and enjoy, its been sitting there until I could have it authenticated.
Now, I want a Bal bag but I think my using eBay to get my fix is over, too much stress and worrying [sigh].

What great opportunity to use your Ebay Bucks!:lol::lol:
I bought 4 counterfeit items in my Ebaying. However, I had many, many happy transactions.:smile::smile::smile:

limom said:
What great opportunity to use your Ebay Bucks!:lol::lol:
I bought 4 counterfeit items in my Ebaying. However, I had many, many happy transactions.:smile::smile::smile:

Glad to hear you've had great transactions, I guess we can't appreciate the great ones until we've had some bad ones!
I had a bad bag experience way back when before I knew any better (an 'authentic Balenciaga' bag for $150!!) Boy, was I naive. I even thought it was real and wondered why people spent over a thousand dollars on a bag that felt like stiff plastic. Can you tell I knew nothing about the brand or fakes on eBay lol? :smile:
I'd like to think I'm older and wiser now. I wish there were a secret site where purse lovers could buy and sell, a girl can dream can't she?! ;)

Glad to hear you've had great transactions, I guess we can't appreciate the great ones until we've had some bad ones!
I had a bad bag experience way back when before I knew any better (an 'authentic Balenciaga' bag for $150!!) Boy, was I naive. I even thought it was real and wondered why people spent over a thousand dollars on a bag that felt like stiff plastic. Can you tell I knew nothing about the brand or fakes on eBay lol? :smile:
I'd like to think I'm older and wiser now. I wish there were a secret site where purse lovers could buy and sell, a girl can dream can't she?! ;)

It's no secret!;)))

It is very simple. Pre-authenticate here before you bid.

shinymagpie said:
It is very simple. Pre-authenticate here before you bid.

I agree and will in the future! Although sometimes you find something that is ending very soon and you 'think' it's authentic and you want it, that's when it gets sticky!!! :smile:

If you're claim is SNAD, file through Ebay. I believe that ebay is more likely to recognize an authenticator as being on its "approved" list as well as the fact that ebay tends to be the better venue for filing SNAD claims.

Before paying for an authentication, verify with the authenticator that they do that particular brand. Although I know CarolDiva is prompt and professional in her responses and that she knows LV, for other brands, I've seen her make terrible (and obvious) mistakes.

Although she doesn't admit it, I think she's afraid of losing business if she admits to not being familiar with something so her way of "authenticating" brands that aren't her specialty is to compare pictures to other listings. :sad: And as such, she's made mistakes doing that.

As long as you verify that whoever you choose knows Chloe, you should be fine filing through ebay. Hopefully, it won't be necessary to file any claims.

Carol has made terrible and obvious mistakes within LV as well, FYI. :smile:

Personally I'm happy that the OP is now happy with her bag.

There is a good reason why the authenticators on the LV thread frequently refer posters to Carol.

If she makes mistakes, then these would have to be a microscopic percentage. But 99.999% of the time she gets it right. For years, she was the only credible source for PayPal and eBay and absorbed so much stress and high pressure angst from people, so I reckon that the microscopic error rate reflects that she's a human.

But, I'd hate to see a few negative points outweigh all the amazing and good stuff that she does. I am really happy with the work that she has done for me and my other half over the past years. The amount of stress she has taken off our shoulders when confronted by inexperienced buyers who were panicking through to scammers and even super rare items being accidentally pulled by eBay, is worth every cent of the minimal fees that she has charged.

There is nothing stopping other people setting up as authenticators and there are a heap of them in one of the stickies on the eBay thread. I don't see the point in any comparisons between services. They are there and people can use them as they see fit.

I know that Carol's husband has been very ill over the last few months. I hope that they have a safe and Happy Holiday together and I look forward to using Carol's services in 2012!