Authentication services wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninunani

Jul 14, 2013
So I have bought a preowned birkin from a reseller,and I have got it authenticated by a reputable authenticator,and he ensured me it is authentic, but I still have doubt about it, I am very curious how can they tell the authenticity of the bags just from looking at the pics? Do the authenticators ever go wrong?
I am not saying this to upset anybody,but just very curious about all these 'authentication possess'.
Does anybody have ideas on this?

Also given that the 'fakes'are soooo good those days,I am very curious whether the authenticators ever go wrong with their 'prediction '? Anyone experienced that before ?

I wonder if they make (legit) mistakes as well. Especially because photos can be manipulated so easily. People have no shame when it comes to $$$. :graucho:

I know they don't like to speak of specifics on here too much. It helps the people who make the fakes. I really hope you didn't get scammed.

I would say trust your instincts. Usually the authenticators do a great job using pictures, but the biggest scam is taking pictures of a real bag then sending a look-alike fake. If you have any doubts about the seller, such as the price is too good to be true, I would run away.

So I have bought a preowned birkin from a reseller,and I have got it authenticated by a reputable authenticator,and he ensured me it is authentic, but I still have doubt about it, I am very curious how can they tell the authenticity of the bags just from looking at the pics? Do the authenticators ever go wrong?
I am not saying this to upset anybody,but just very curious about all these 'authentication possess'.
Does anybody have ideas on this?

If you have doubts take it to Hermes for a spa treatment. It won't be accepted if its not authentic.

I would say trust your instincts. Usually the authenticators do a great job using pictures, but the biggest scam is taking pictures of a real bag then sending a look-alike fake. If you have any doubts about the seller, such as the price is too good to be true, I would run away.

I have been naughty ..I bought the bag without getting it authenticated,so I was the one who took the pics after i received the bag and send it for authentication..

Since the OPs concern seems to be primarily about her confidence in her own authentication for this bag, closing this thread. I suggest if you are uncertain about the validity of the authentication you received that you either take it up with the service you used or seek other avenues that will potentially provide greater peace of mind.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.