Authentication Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SophieChic

O.G.
Oct 6, 2011
So I had a question about authenticating because. I was looking at some NFs on ebay, and now have questions about the two bags I just bought (from the LV store).

First question.....the bags I saw on ebay have three lines on the interior zipper pocket center stamp. For instance:
Louis Vuitton

Paris

Made in France

Mine are both missing the third line. Mine both state the LV and then the Paris, but the made in USA is on an interior label. What is up with that? Mine are brand new bags, from the boutique, there should be no question about the authenticity, and then....

Second question. I just read a web site on authenticating the DE NF GM specfically. It states that the above stamp *must* be in red on the DE, and mine is not. It is stamped into the leather but not red, it is just embossed into the leather. I notice that site was written 2 years ago.

Do these authenticating issues change at all? Obviously I am looking at older bags on Ebay too, does that explain the descrepency?

The new bags that are made in the USA have a cloth tag and do not state where the bag is made on the leather tab. Damier Ebene pieces have the hot stamp in red on the crossgrain dark leather, such as on wallet interiors, but not in the Neverfull on the vachetta tabs. Hope that helps! :smile:

The new bags that are made in the USA have a cloth tag and do not state where the bag is made on the leather tab. Damier Ebene pieces have the hot stamp in red on the crossgrain dark leather, such as on wallet interiors, but not in the Neverfull on the vachetta tabs. Hope that helps! :smile:

Whew! Thank you so much. I finally found the date code too, and checked it......took me forever. Then I also read someone else saying they were phasing out putting where the bag was made on the side leather. Why did they do that? Are they trying to give me a heart attack? LOL.

Regarding the red stamping, I don't have vachetta in my DE NF (you mentioned "not in the Neverfull on the vachettta tabs"), the interior leather is dark too, but there is no red lettering, and the site I was on showed the interior of a NF that was dark like mine with red lettering. Again though this was a couple of years ago. Has there been another change? I really appreciate your imput.

LV does make small changes to their items from time to time

Please post anything you are questioning in the Authenticate This LV thread, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.