authentication numbers correspond to styles?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i just recently became interested in chanel so i'm still a n00b, bear with me.

do the auth. numbers correspond to the different styles? if they do... does anyone know what an auth. number for a cambon tote should be? my friend purchased one that begins with a "3," and i swore i read that after the 90's all the auth. numbers begin with 7 or 8.

2. No, it responds to the year. If your friend purchased a Cambon with a authentication number of 3, I hate to say, but probably fake. Cambons should have a number that starts with a 9 or 10.

3. Hi Michele, since u are one of our experts, I have a question for you. How can you tell what year a bag is from by the serial number? I guess what part of the serial number identifies what year the bag is from?

4. There's some info about age of the bag in this thread I think.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/come-in-and-share-your-authenticity-tips-please-53489.html?highlight=tips

ETA: I didn't see it in that thread but I have Michele's response saved on my computer. Here are two different posts, I think pretty much same information.

5. Oh wow - thanks so much for the info Smooth. I really appreciate your expertise!
    I previously had tried to do a search on this...

6. Thanks, but that's Michele's information - I'm just a recipient of it and intrigued enough to save it.;)

7. ^^^^^

Thanks for saving!!! Came in handy

8. ^Thanks to you both for sharing this helpful information!