Authentication embarrasment?

Ninahhh

Graphic Designer
O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
Hello everyone!
Again!

So I'm just curious to know, when you have to go to Louis Vuitton in person to get something authenticated how do you feel?
Are the Sa's nice about the authentication?
Or do you sometimes feel like they are judging you?

Me and my mum have bought many bags from LV, but lately ( since I'm going into first year of college ) I've been buying more pre-loved stuff than new stuff. Some of the things I've boughten I'd like to get authenticated but I'm rather shy. I'm not sure on how to go about getting the authentication.

I'm pretty knowledgeable as well, but sometimes you never know. Fakes are getting wayy too good!

Don't feel shy. The SAs, in my experience, know how popular eBay is and know customers sell bags, on eBay & elsewhere, to fund other LV items. Simply walk in and ask for them to look at the item; it can't hurt. Don't ask nor expect anything in writing or "legal", just a look at the item to ensure authenticity. I ALWAYS go to the boutique to authenticate eBay purchases as soon as I receive them.

The SAs should be happy enough for you to authenticate your items because that means, you don't support fakes.:yes: Just be honest and upfront about where you purchase your items and the main purpose of authenticating them.

They aren't supposed to authenticate the bags for you. LV does not authenticate their bags, the only way to get an authentication from LV is when you give it to them to be repaired. If the bag is fake, they will tell you that its fake and that they can't repair it.

I hear that the best online authenticator for LV is carol diva at www.caroldiva.com

ive gone to the store a couple times to get things authenticated. at first i felt weird and shy too, but the SA's seemed to be nice about it. there was once when a SA just took a quick glance at the bag and didn't even look inside, but other than that, my experiences have been positive. from my knowledge louis vuitton stores do authenticate bags. they can't give you a written authentication but they will tell you if it's real or not verbally. however, call them ahead of time to confirm that your local lv does authenticate bags.

Hey Nina, just say you got it as a gift and you want to check if it is actually authentic. That is what I do and got no probs from the SA. They will tell you they are not supposed to authenticate and will tell you if it looks fake or real to them as an 'opinion'

LV SAs aren't supposed to authenticate bags, and personally, I wouldn't ask them to -- you never know how long someone has been working for LV or what their knowledge of LV bags actually is.

I would have a bag authenticated here in tPF or professionally by CarolDiva (as someone already recommended).

Just pretend you want something repaired on the bag and are asking for a price quote, you will then have your answer if they agree to repair it (or not). Then just say you will think about it and go on your way.

I suggest you ask Carol Diva to authenticate the bags for you, email authentication is only $5, she's very nice and very accommodating, she usually replies within 24 hours after you emailed her. Tried her a few times, highly recommended.

The leather goods manager is the one who has been specifically trained to do authenticate such items. Don't be surprised if they refuse. Each store may have different policies.

They aren't supposed to authenticate the bags for you. LV does not authenticate their bags, the only way to get an authentication from LV is when you give it to them to be repaired. If the bag is fake, they will tell you that its fake and that they can't repair it.

I hear that the best online authenticator for LV is carol diva at www.caroldiva.com

Yes use Carol, or use the great people here on TPF :biggrin: There is a thread for authentication.

depends on your relationship w/SA, some will do it, but if you tell them it's purchased from a secondary source, they are trained to reply fake even if it's real. To have them agree on a repair will not guarantee on the auth, unless it's actually complete-SA and I had been fooled w/super fake, send it in for repair then found out it's replica :mad:. Like others, have it auth here or pay a small fee to caroldiva.