Authenticate This Stella McCartney

Hello!
Could you please help me to authenticate this bag?
T_pDBbax4xN1smEeUThv7rOm4xf_pOkR

CxHXvbaxp_jhCiX1zbUrBScep_xrHK36

L_pbBbaxgxNtsgEeCQkP7qumgxfnpIkR

69HXvbaxRzjhCsU1ja7LxSceRzxrHE06

Hi there! I’ve been authenticating Falabellas on here for awhile and have a lot of knowledge about them. Unfortunately this bag isn’t authentic. The mini version shouldn’t have a zippered pocket inside for one. The lining is the wrong material and the date code font is off. The side of the zippers should say YKK but this one shouldn’t even have any zippers. I also don’t like when I see Falabellas with tape over the silver snaps. I’ve purchased many new Falabellas and they don’t come that way. A plastic cap comes over the magnetic snap to avoid scratching. I hope you can return it if you purchased it. If you need more help, let me know. Hope that helps!!

Hi Jteach7, I would be really grateful for your help with a query regarding YKK zips, do you know if Stella McCartney have always used them on Fallabellas?

I am worried as I have just bought (from Ebay) a Large Tote with coin purse but neither the inner zip, nor the coin purse zip, are YKK branded. I did reach out to the Stella McCartney Customer Service but they could not confirm if they have always used YKK zips. They have agreed to look at images of the bag's inner label and charms.

I have flagged to the Ebay seller that I don't believe the bag is authentic. Whilst I await any feedback from SM customer service, it would be great if you could confirm the position regarding the YKK zips, as the Ebay seller is asking why I do not believe the bag to be authentic (which for me is the zip issue and the lining looks a bit 'cottony').

I have a horrible feeling that I may have been duped, so any info you can provide regarding the zip would be greatly appreciated and will help me in seeking a refund.

Thank you.

Jacqui

Hi Jteach7, I would be really grateful for your help with a query regarding YKK zips, do you know if Stella McCartney have always used them on Fallabellas?

I am worried as I have just bought (from Ebay) a Large Tote with coin purse but neither the inner zip, nor the coin purse zip, are YKK branded. I did reach out to the Stella McCartney Customer Service but they could not confirm if they have always used YKK zips. They have agreed to look at images of the bag's inner label and charms.

I have flagged to the Ebay seller that I don't believe the bag is authentic. Whilst I await any feedback from SM customer service, it would be great if you could confirm the position regarding the YKK zips, as the Ebay seller is asking why I do not believe the bag to be authentic (which for me is the zip issue and the lining looks a bit 'cottony').

I have a horrible feeling that I may have been duped, so any info you can provide regarding the zip would be greatly appreciated and will help me in seeking a refund.

Thank you.

Jacqui
Hi Jacqui! Unfortunately it does sound like you bought a fake Falabella. If you can upload pics of it I can be positive. But from what you said, it sounds fake. The large tote does come with a change purse. What are the measurements of the bag? Every Falabella I’ve ever owned (and I’ve bought and sold many!) has been branded with the YKK zippers. They’re more expensive and fakes cut costs so don’t use them. Falabellas came out around 2011 and even older ones I have bought always had the YKK zippers.

As for the lining, this they tend to get wrong all the time. It should be a nylon like material and never cotton looking. I’ll add pics for you to compare.

I purchase a lot myself on eBay and see some fake Falabellas here and there. eBay is actually pretty good about returning fake items. You shouldn’t have any trouble and if you do let me know. Point out the inconsistencies between the bag you bought and an authentic one. Also, the bags from Japan are actually very safe to buy because Japan has very strict counterfeiting laws. So don’t pass up the bags from there. Plus they usually have free shipping and it only takes a few days to arrive via DHL.

Here are some pics of a zipper and lining from an authentic bag for your reference. Please let me know how else I can help.

Attachments

• 1F0A56D8-5238-425B-A62E-53400E9C2E96.jpeg
    1F0A56D8-5238-425B-A62E-53400E9C2E96.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 23
  • C3B49685-A3E5-4780-B855-0EAD6AE8E67B.jpeg
    C3B49685-A3E5-4780-B855-0EAD6AE8E67B.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 7653F585-9BA5-4A1E-B771-762EC7171E5A.jpeg
    7653F585-9BA5-4A1E-B771-762EC7171E5A.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DED90A97-4F6D-471B-8791-19435E008C33.jpeg
    DED90A97-4F6D-471B-8791-19435E008C33.jpeg
    364.2 KB · Views: 21
Hi Jteach7, Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query.

I attach photos, I hope they are clear enough - both length and width are 14 inches (36 cm). Also attached are pictures of the lining, chains, outer material and internal zip. The zip appears to have a dollar sign on one side and I think number 6 on the other side.
Thank you again, for your help

Jacqui

chain 3.jpgOuter material.jpgcopy internal mobile phone pocket.jpgcopy corner stitching.jpgCopy label.jpgLining.jpgChain close up.jpgFolded over.jpgWidth measurement.jpgLength measurement.jpgInternal Zipper Charm image 2.jpgInternal Zipper Charm image 1.jpg

Hi again, I have attached a couple of other images in case they help.

Thank you again!

Jacqui

View attachment 5260844View attachment 5260846View attachment 5260847View attachment 5260852
Hi! I can say with 100% certainty that this is definitely a fake! The pics were very helpful. I didn’t realize it was the foldover version of Falabellas. They never came nor should come with a change purse and I’m sure the reps at SM will say the same thing. When you said it was a large tote I was picturing the 2 chain handle larger shoulder bag they make. This bag has tons of red flags. The lining is wrong as I’m sure you can see the difference between the pics I posted. Zippers must be branded YKK, (I’ve never seen an authentic Falabella without them.) I even have several wallets and 3 card holders with zippers and they’re all YKK. The outside stitching isn’t tight enough compared to an authentic bag. Before I became extremely familiar with the brand, I had SM reps authenticate 2 bags for me. I’m shocked they didn’t know about the zippers. Probably newer staff.
Is the seller giving you a hard time? eBay always sides with the customer which should be helpful in this situation. It really infuriates me when ppl sell these fakes as authentic. They’re typically new bags that start at a very low bidding price cause they didn’t pay much for the bag to begin with. I’ve seen up to 13 bidders on a fake Falabella and cringe ! I’m so glad you posted here so I can try to help. Let me know if you need anymore info. And please let me know how you make out. I’m glad you flagged the seller already! These ppl need to be stopped. If you have any department stores nearby that sell Falabellas, I would definitely check them out. I found it very beneficial when I was learning the brand myself. Best of luck and I’m rooting for you!!

Hi Jteach7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to advise me regarding the Fakabella (my new name for it!) The seller used the description 'Large Tote', so I thought that was correct.

I haven't gone back to the seller yet, as I want want to collate all the points you have made, along with anything I hear back from SM Customer Services before I go back to them. Not sure how much SM will be able to tell me, as they referred to carrying out a 'feather verification', which I assume means light touch - they only asked for images of the internal label and charms.

I will keep you posted as to progress.

Thank you again!

Jacqui

Hi Jteach7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to advise me regarding the Fakabella (my new name for it!) The seller used the description 'Large Tote', so I thought that was correct.

I haven't gone back to the seller yet, as I want want to collate all the points you have made, along with anything I hear back from SM Customer Services before I go back to them. Not sure how much SM will be able to tell me, as they referred to carrying out a 'feather verification', which I assume means light touch - they only asked for images of the internal label and charms.

I will keep you posted as to progress.

Thank you again!

Jacqui
Hi! Hopefully SM will get back to you soon. The inside label doesn’t look authentic either so I hope someone very familiar with them realizes it. I wouldn’t wait too long to start the return process. You don’t want this “Fakabella” seller getting paid for the cheap bag! eBay should be responsive and side with you. On a side note, I sold a perfect condition Lululemon sweatshirt on eBay to someone who asked if it was warm. I told her I wear tank tops under it and it’s pretty warm. Well she received the sweatshirt and decided it wasn’t warm enough (hence she lived in FL) and wanted to return it. I said no returns and eBay actually not only made me accept a return but made me pay the return shipping! That’s just an example of their “customer is always right” policy. In your case its definitely a legitimate return! I doubt you’ll have any issues. I hope you didn’t spend too much on this fakabella… Best of luck and please let me know how you make out.

Hi Jteach7, SM did get back to me and confirmed the bag was not authentic. They said the zips should be branded YKK and they had identified 'other points' but didn't specify what those were (probably the label, that you noted above). I contacted the seller, told them the bag was not authentic and this had been confirmed by SM. They continued to dispute this but agreed to refund me on return of the bag. I am more than happy to see the back of Fakabella and bring this horrible situation to a conclusion. It's good to know that if there are issues with the refund, I can bring Ebay in to resolve them.

I am really surprised that Ebay made you accept the return of the sweatshirt on the basis that it wasn't warm enough - that is such a subjective point!

Thanks again for all your support and assistance.
Jacqui

Hi Jteach7, SM did get back to me and confirmed the bag was not authentic. They said the zips should be branded YKK and they had identified 'other points' but didn't specify what those were (probably the label, that you noted above). I contacted the seller, told them the bag was not authentic and this had been confirmed by SM. They continued to dispute this but agreed to refund me on return of the bag. I am more than happy to see the back of Fakabella and bring this horrible situation to a conclusion. It's good to know that if there are issues with the refund, I can bring Ebay in to resolve them.

I am really surprised that Ebay made you accept the return of the sweatshirt on the basis that it wasn't warm enough - that is such a subjective point!

Thanks again for all your support and assistance.
Jacqui
I’m so glad that SM confirmed that the bag was indeed a fakabella! It’s crazy how your seller could actually argue with you that it’s authentic! I’m so happy they finally accepted the return! There’s plenty of black foldover Falabellas on eBay for decent prices. If you find another feel free to post it on here if you’re unsure. Granted I’m sure you already have learned quite a bit about how to authenticate them!
I actually just bought a fake David Yurman bracelet on eBay. The seller accepted returns but still wrote that he only sells authentic ones, regardless of the fact my jeweler tested the stones. He said it’s impossible for a jeweler to decide that. Meanwhile they have a machine that can test gemstones. It’s just amazing how sellers actually argue with you about their fake stuff!
Thanks for letting me know how you made out. I hope you find an authentic Falabella soon!

Hello! Looking for help to authentic this bag. I bought from someone on Mercari that didn't have a lot of sales, so I'm very nervous. It looks legit, but I'm worried about the hardware attaching the strap to the bag- just doesn't look exactly like the photos I find online, but the online photos don't all the look the same either. But what has me really worried is that there is a rivet on the strap and I can't seem to find that in any online photos. I'll attached photos here. Please help and let me know if you need more photos. I have three days in which to refute this purchase. Thanks!! (If I've posted this in the wrong place, I am so sorry but am new here and trying to figure this out.)

Attachments

• tempImageVF0RXW.png
    tempImageVF0RXW.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • tempImagehQ0MZG.png
    tempImagehQ0MZG.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • tempImageTjaZdt.png
    tempImageTjaZdt.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • tempImagevdbS7X.png
    tempImagevdbS7X.png