Authenticate This Stella McCartney

Hi! I purchased this bag yesterday, however when I got home and tried searching for it online I really couldn’t find anything about it in this exact combination. The closest I found was some random Japanese Yahoo site via google images, so I got a bit worried.

It says it’s the “medium tote alter mat” in the color “Sand”. I’m guessing this zip top style might be a discontinued version of these logo bags? I’ve seen it in black and other colors with various names online like “mini tote” and “Stella logo crossbody” and found some previous links on the Stella website. And I’ve also seen some Stella bags on SSENSE that are called “Sand” so I know both things do exist, just not sure why I can’t find this exact combo online at all.

It came with a dust bag, a little envelope / tag with the style info, and there are other tags in the inside slip pocket (one longer one with lots of info, and one small one with a metallic serial number). I could barely get photos of these, but I tried my best.

I’d really appreciate any help on this, thank you!

View attachment 5988285
View attachment 5988286View attachment 5988288
View attachment 5988306View attachment 5988308
View attachment 5988309View attachment 5988310View attachment 5988312View attachment 5988314

If I understand correctly, you are not concerned about the tote style or the existence of the color "sand" but you couldn't find your tote style in the color "sand".

If this is the issue, I wouldn't be concerned. Stella comes out with many colors and variations of shades - sand, natural, beige etc. Sometimes the same bag can be listed as having a different color - purple instead of burgundy for example. Stella has also come out with some crazy bags with sequins, or embellishments that I only see once and never again. There is definitely a lot of experimentation with styles, colors and embellishments that don't stay around for long.

The bag itself looks okay and the strap looks okay.

If you could take a better pic of the long tag or maybe just give an indication what it says...does it say Stella McCartney Milano and the address for example Via Vincenzo. Double check also for YKK zippers.

I think this bag looks okay but verify those two issues.

If I understand correctly, you are not concerned about the tote style or the existence of the color "sand" but you couldn't find your tote style in the color "sand".

If this is the issue, I wouldn't be concerned. Stella comes out with many colors and variations of shades - sand, natural, beige etc. Sometimes the same bag can be listed as having a different color - purple instead of burgundy for example. Stella has also come out with some crazy bags with sequins, or embellishments that I only see once and never again. There is definitely a lot of experimentation with styles, colors and embellishments that don't stay around for long.

The bag itself looks okay and the strap looks okay.

If you could take a better pic of the long tag or maybe just give an indication what it says...does it say Stella McCartney Milano and the address for example Via Vincenzo. Double check also for YKK zippers.

I think this bag looks okay but verify those two issues.
Yes, exactly. I just figured if it was an authentic style / color then it was odd that I couldn’t find this combination online, but that’s good to know then. I will attach the extra photos as well. Thank you so much for your reply!

Attachments

• IMG_4461.jpeg
    IMG_4461.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4460.jpeg
    IMG_4460.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4463.jpeg
    IMG_4463.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: jess236
Yes, exactly. I just figured if it was an authentic style / color then it was odd that I couldn’t find this combination online, but that’s good to know then. I will attach the extra photos as well. Thank you so much for your reply!

The tags and the ykk zipper are good. The ones I have seen are made in Via Fiorenza, Milano and yours is made in Via Morimondo Milano. Rest of the tag matches with materials used, codes etc.

The bag is authentic, enjoy it! I love the strap on these bags - so elegant.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgth
The tags and the ykk zipper are good. The ones I have seen are made in Via Fiorenza, Milano and yours is made in Via Morimondo Milano. Rest of the tag matches with materials used, codes etc.

The bag is authentic, enjoy it! I love the strap on these bags - so elegant.
Thank you so much. I really love the strap and color of the bag too, so I’m glad to hear it looks good and I will definitely enjoy it :smile:

Hi everyone

I was wondering if you could help me out please. I purchased a Falabella handbag in brown with a gold chain, original design, in 2013.

While I had bought it a long time ago, I hadn't used it for years and decided to bring it out of rotation when the vegan outer of the handbag simply disintegrated.

I've been in contact with Stella McCarntey to see how to get this repaired, however they want to see the following:

- Picture of the receipt
- Store and location of purchase
- Full picture of the product
- Picture of the internal label clearly showing the Product Codes
- Picture of the Stella logo charm
- Your full address and contact details

I can provide everything apart from, quite strangely, the picture of the internal label clearly showing the Product Codes as there isn't one. Therefore they won't authenticate it and so won't help me, even though the repairs will be at my cost, that is, if they can do them? (More outer cover keeps coming off with the more photos I take.) (I purchased this from a high end boutique in Australia who aren't being that helpful. I think I will need to get them to confirm that I purchased it from them, however if I can keep them out of this I will as they're being so awful to deal with.)

This all seems very odd. I've never had a handbag simply disentegrate before. Has anyone else heard of this happening with a Stella bag before?

And how do I manage this with Stella McCarntney - as I look after my things, I stored it correctly and I don't believe I should have to simply throw it away and/or pay for the repair.

Please note, these photos may be distressing for some people so avert your eyes!

Attachments

• tempImage35IK5R.png
    tempImage35IK5R.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • tempImage8JxZqQ.png
    tempImage8JxZqQ.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • tempImageRo00cJ.png
    tempImageRo00cJ.png
    2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
  • Haha
Hi everyone

I was wondering if you could help me out please. I purchased a Falabella handbag in brown with a gold chain, original design, in 2013.

While I had bought it a long time ago, I hadn't used it for years and decided to bring it out of rotation when the vegan outer of the handbag simply disintegrated.

I've been in contact with Stella McCarntey to see how to get this repaired, however they want to see the following:

- Picture of the receipt

I can provide everything apart from, quite strangely, the picture of the internal label clearly showing the Product Codes as there isn't one. Therefore they won't authenticate it and so won't help me, even though the repairs will be at my cost, that is, if they can do them? (More outer cover keeps coming off with the more photos I take.) (I purchased this from a high end boutique in Australia who aren't being that helpful. I think I will need to get them to confirm that I purchased it from them, however if I can keep them out of this I will as they're being so awful to deal with.)

This all seems very odd. I've never had a handbag simply disentegrate before. Has anyone else heard of this happening with a Stella bag before?

And how do I manage this with Stella McCarntney - as I look after my things, I stored it correctly and I don't believe I should have to simply throw it away and/or pay for the repair.

Please note, these photos may be distressing for some people so avert your eyes!
The cost to fix this may be more than expected. Buying a new one might be better.

Hi everyone

- Picture of the receipt

This bag looks fake. What are the dimensions of this bag? The bag doesn't look like its brown with a gold chain either. I had a Falabella with the brown/gold chain combo - this is not even close.

Why would you want to repair a bag in this condition - it is beyond repair. Furthermore, I have NEVER seen any peeling let alone this type of disintegration on any Falabella bag. Another reason this bag is likely a fake. Plz show pics of the interior.

Hi Jess, I bought it from a high end boutique in Australia and paid full price for this so I was sure that it was real.
I want to repair it because I have so many great memories of times with this bag. The gold on the top of the straps has worn down (which I have read does happen) however it is still gold on the sides.

Attachments

• tempImagePpgeDE.png
    tempImagePpgeDE.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • tempImageix9f4x.png
    tempImageix9f4x.png
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • tempImagez0yEfG.png
    tempImagez0yEfG.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 5