Authenticate this Site, Please

Kimsy

Apr 3, 2008
[FONT=&quot]Hello,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Before starting my post I would like to apologize if it’s too long, but I am new here (this is my 1st post TPF YAY) and I have a loooot of questions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have been a fan of this site for a while now and I must say that this is the best forum I have ever seen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have always read the posts as “Guest” as I never “dared” to become a member, but today I did it J[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are a few fashion related blogs/forums out there, but TPF is by far the one that has the most interactive members, best explanations, answers and advices.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here everyone seems to know everything about all the brands, trends and most important of all, AUTHENTICITY related issues.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am a big fan of designer wear, whether it’s bags, shoes, clothes or make up and I usually buy my stuff in Malls or authorized boutiques.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But lately, due to hectic work schedule, kids and other family related issues, I haven’t been able to find the time to go out for my usual shopping sprees.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have read the posts concerning authentic online stores and designer resellers and after coming across some horror stories (Bergacci.com) left me :-o……I have decided to come here and ask for your opinion.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I know that eBay is very popular and that they have a HUGE choice, but sometimes I just don’t have the time to sit and wait for an auction to finish, this when they don’t have “buy it now”.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I know that eLuxury is to be trusted and so is Luxury-Shops (I love that store and I guess it’s the best online store with the great prices and fabulous stuff), but lately I have discovered several sites that sell designer bags and accessories and I would really need your advice and opinion in what concerns their authenticity.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The bags look good and authentic, but if there’s one thing I have learned about the internet is that things can look good in pictures and sound great in descriptions, but there are a lot of times when in reality things are MUCH MORE different….[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The first site I have seen was Let-Trade, they look good and I am pretty sure that their stuff is authentic, but a few other opinions wouldn’t hurt.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would just want to be sure BEFORE purchasing anything online that I won’t be in for a bad surprise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then I have also found Design Exposure that looks great as well and would like to hear if you have bought from them before and what was your experience.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My last question would be about this latest site I have found. It’s called vintage-xpress (.com).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It looks like it’s a fairly new site and I wasn’t able to find anything about them, no reviews or previous Sold items.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I understood that they also sell on eBay (where they have a good feedback) and I know that on eBay you have more warranties as a buyer (PayPal and disputes) than on a regular site.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Have you bought from them already? On eBay or their online store?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Again, I apologize for the length of my post and I hope I will find a few answers to my questions…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]P.S.: I had no idea that there is an "Authenticate This" sub forum, so I posted my thread on the Hermes forum...oopsie, I hope it's not against the policies :confused1:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kimmy[/FONT]

Let-Trade sells authentic items.

Vintage Xpress's website needs work. They don't take returns, so I don't know if I'd buy from them or not.

Could you please use a smaller font for your posts?

Hello everyone,
My name is Sandi
Got a quickie
Is there such a thing as a Gucci without a serial number .. really old Thevinyl signature logo ..all the hardware looks real ( zipper pulls etc)
any help much appreciated!
Regards Sandi

Sorry about the size of the fonts, my other post was written too small, this one is too big :smile:)

I saw that they don't take returns, this is why I thought it was a bit of a turn off.

But i see that they accept PayPal....does PayPal offer the same warranties as on eBay? Can we open disputes off eBay?

Thank you,

Kimsy

Hello everyone,
My name is Sandi
Got a quickie
Is there such a thing as a Gucci without a serial number .. really old Thevinyl signature logo ..all the hardware looks real ( zipper pulls etc)
any help much appreciated!
Regards Sandi

Hi Sandi, you should post your question in our Gucci section. The experts there will be able to help you!

Sorry about the size of the fonts, my other post was written too small, this one is too big :smile:)

I saw that they don't take returns, this is why I thought it was a bit of a turn off.

But i see that they accept PayPal....does PayPal offer the same warranties as on eBay? Can we open disputes off eBay?

Thank you,

Kimsy

Paypal wants you to believe they offer the same warranties (in my opinion) but in reality they don't. However, if you do run into a problem you can always do a chargeback on your credit card. Never use a debit card because they don't offer the same type of protection as credit cards. In my experience, when I've had to deal with an issue Amex has had the best customer service.

I have a platinum AMEX and it has indeed a great insurance. I use it whenever I have doubts or I buy something really expensive and I need the extra safety, in case it breaks, gets stolen or who knows what else.

I was hoping someone has bought from there before and i needed opinions in terms of authenticity as well.

Their stuff looks good and authentic and because i saw them on eBay i could also check their feedback.

The thing is that on eBay they have listed only a few things and not the ones I am interested in.

I can only hope someone will confirm me they sell genuine items and that they are trouble-free.

Thank you!

Kimsy

I just looked at the Gucci.

I am crazy about Gucci, especially the vintage collections :smile:

But I find that bag to be SLIGHTLY overpriced for the design and condition....

It's a pretty common model.

I have looked on eBay as well and I saw lots of vintage Gucci for better prices.

I actually got my eyes on this (I am a sucker for exotic skins :smile:):

http://www.vintage-xpress.com/details.php?id=58

and this:

http://www.vintage-xpress.com/details.php?id=32

The prices are reasonable, but I need to be sure I will be happy with the purchase.....I got burnt a couple of times and now I am hesitating.

Thank you for you reply ArmCandyLuvr!