Authenticate This PROENZA SCHOULER

Hi folks!
Could I get your help figuring out if this PS1 is authentic? I’m new to PurseForum, but I have to say that your experience is pretty amazing!!

View attachment 5732991

View attachment 5732992

View attachment 5732993

View attachment 5732994

View attachment 5732995

View attachment 5732996

View attachment 5732997

View attachment 5732998

View attachment 5732999
Hi, welcome to the Purse Forum :smile: Wait for Ellie to comment, but I believe it's authentic. Large PS1, the color could be Saddle, but I'm not 100% sure. Is the hangtag missing? I don't see one in the photos.

Reactions: Elliespurse
Reactions: IntheOcean
Hi, welcome to the Purse Forum :smile: Wait for Ellie to comment, but I believe it's authentic. Large PS1, the color could be Saddle, but I'm not 100% sure. Is the hangtag missing? I don't see one in the photos.
Hi!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!
The hang tag is indeed missing. I bought it second hand, so I’m assuming it got lost along the way (largely because that’s something I would absolutely do lol)

Hi, it's authentic.
It's a PS1 in Saddle color from 2010-2012.
Hi!
Thank you so much! I got it from The RealReal for an embarrassingly low price, so I was prepared for this to go either way.
I’m so happy it’s legit! I’ve been in love with the PS1 since I first handled one as a wee baby Junior Copywriter at a luxury department store way back in the PS1 heyday. A recent near miss with a rainstorm, no umbrella, and my work laptop in a canvas tote made me decide it was officially time for a Grownup Lady Bag™️.
I’m so very in love with this bag, and she needs a name! Feel free to offer any suggestions lol
(And get ready to see me here again soon, I feel like she’s gonna get lonely without friends in other sizes and colors!!)

Hi!
Thank you so much! I got it from The RealReal for an embarrassingly low price, so I was prepared for this to go either way.
I’m so happy it’s legit! I’ve been in love with the PS1 since I first handled one as a wee baby Junior Copywriter at a luxury department store way back in the PS1 heyday. A recent near miss with a rainstorm, no umbrella, and my work laptop in a canvas tote made me decide it was officially time for a Grownup Lady Bag™️.
I’m so very in love with this bag, and she needs a name! Feel free to offer any suggestions lol
(And get ready to see me here again soon, I feel like she’s gonna get lonely without friends in other sizes and colors!!)
Congrats on your purchase! :smile: The PS1 is a wonderful bag - beautiful but also very functional. So I completely understand how you feel. It's a slippery slope! :lol: I don't really have any suggestions for the name, but I hope you'll stick around - this forum doesn't see much action these days.

Hi all! The PS1 is probably the first bag I really fell in love with way back in the day. Thanks to the Real Real, I've been scooping up old styles I used to covet, and finally bit the bullet on a PS1 medium. It's kind of a bummer these bags haven't retained their value...but it's good for me lol. Would anyone be able to authenticate this? It seems to be pretty good quality material and construction, but I imagine there were pretty good dupes in its heyday. Thanks!

IMG_2605.jpeg

IMG_2615.jpeg

IMG_2616.jpeg

IMG_2611.jpeg

IMG_2612.jpeg

IMG_2614.jpeg

IMG_2609.jpeg

IMG_2608.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg

Hi all! The PS1 is probably the first bag I really fell in love with way back in the day. Thanks to the Real Real, I've been scooping up old styles I used to covet, and finally bit the bullet on a PS1 medium. It's kind of a bummer these bags haven't retained their value...but it's good for me lol. Would anyone be able to authenticate this? It seems to be pretty good quality material and construction, but I imagine there were pretty good dupes in its heyday. Thanks!

View attachment 5740955

View attachment 5740956

View attachment 5740957

View attachment 5740958

View attachment 5740959

View attachment 5740960

View attachment 5740961

View attachment 5740962

View attachment 5740963
Welcome to the Purse Forum! :smile: Wait for Ellie to comment, but this looks perfectly authentic to me. I think it's from Fall Winter 2014 and the color is Grape Jam: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...satchel-reference-thread.673199/post-26759195 Congrats!

TRR has some good deals, indeed. As long as you can authenticate everything you buy from them, because their 'authenticators' can sometimes be random employees spening a total of five minutes on the item.

Reactions: Elliespurse
Thank you! Yeah I've heard their authentication process for bags isn't the best so I was a bit wary at first. The color is actually more of a reddish oxblood, the lighting on my photos is slightly off - not sure if this changes anything

unnamed.jpg

Thank you! Yeah I've heard their authentication process for bags isn't the best so I was a bit wary at first. The color is actually more of a reddish oxblood, the lighting on my photos is slightly off - not sure if this changes anything

View attachment 5741016
OK, now I'm not so sure about the color! It's from Fall Winter 2013 to Spring Summer 2015 because of the gold hardware. Could be Crimson: https://poshmark.com/listing/Proenza-Schouler-crimson-PS1-medium-satchel-5f5691158d9be9205b3dc58e Actually, I think we should be able to see the real color, the one that the bag used to be when it was new, between the two layers of leather on the flap.

ETA: Actually, it could very well be Burgundy from Spring Summer 2015. The color was repeated a couple of times. This should be from 2015: https://www.yoogiscloset.com/11216947-proenza-schouler-burgundy-leather-medium-ps1-satchel-bag.html

Last edited:

View attachment 5740955

View attachment 5740956

View attachment 5740957

View attachment 5740958

View attachment 5740959

View attachment 5740960

View attachment 5740961

View attachment 5740962

View attachment 5740963
Hi, I agree it's authentic.

OK, now I'm not so sure about the color! It's from Fall Winter 2013 to Spring Summer 2015 because of the gold hardware. Could be Crimson: https://poshmark.com/listing/Proenza-Schouler-crimson-PS1-medium-satchel-5f5691158d9be9205b3dc58e Actually, I think we should be able to see the real color, the one that the bag used to be when it was new, between the two layers of leather on the flap.

ETA: Actually, it could very well be Burgundy from Spring Summer 2015. The color was repeated a couple of times. This should be from 2015: https://www.yoogiscloset.com/11216947-proenza-schouler-burgundy-leather-medium-ps1-satchel-bag.html
Yes, that looks like it! Thanks so much to the both of you, I appreciate all your help

Hi Everyone
I was hoping to get some insight on the year of the this PS1 I found online at TRR. I can't find much detail online on these half suede editions. Is only the top flap suede? I know the pictures are not the greatest, but do you see any red flags concerning authenticity? Thanks very much.

PRO112503_1_enlarged.jpg

PRO112503_3_enlarged.jpg

PRO112503_4_enlarged.jpg

PRO112503_5_enlarged.jpg

Hi Everyone
I was hoping to get some insight on the year of the this PS1 I found online at TRR. I can't find much detail online on these half suede editions. Is only the top flap suede? I know the pictures are not the greatest, but do you see any red flags concerning authenticity? Thanks very much.

View attachment 5747328

View attachment 5747329

View attachment 5747330

View attachment 5747331
Hi! As is usual with TRR, the pictures aren't enough to be absolutely sure, but the bag is probably authentic. It's one of the seasonal models, but what season/year it is exactly, I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry. Wait for Ellie to comment, she will probably know!