Authenticate This PRADA

can anyone tell me if this is genuine? The seller has sold a lot of expensive designer goods however I've never seen this style re-nylon bag with the metal pouch loop on both sides, I've seen the metal loops on both sides of the leather trim one and the nylon and saffiano backpack. Ive looked all over and can only find all nylon backpacks with 1 loop on 1 side.
thank you

Hopefully this will soon disappear. What a shocker!!!!

Absolutely OK.

Hi @missfiggy ! Again thank you for your help with this! I got the purple croc embossed bag in today and took more detailed shots for you to take a look at for authentication. I'm curious what the red leather tab keyring is on the inside? Is that a part of the bag?

Please let me know if you would like more pics to help, I'll be more than happy to take them! Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 29
Hi @missfiggy ! Again thank you for your help with this! I got the purple croc embossed bag in today and took more detailed shots for you to take a look at for authentication. I'm curious what the red leather tab keyring is on the inside? Is that a part of the bag?

Please let me know if you would like more pics to help, I'll be more than happy to take them! Thank you so much!

Wait for @missfiggy to come in, but I believe that's the model/style number for that particular bag. I'm not as familiar with some of the vintage lines, particularly the satin lined ones, but that's my best guess. I'm also seeing something that indicates that this is REAL crocodile skin, not the croc embossed leather version. Do you see what I'm seeing @missfiggy?

If you'd rather PM me the answer on this that's fine, but what did you pay for this bag?

Wait for @missfiggy to come in, but I believe that's the model/style number for that particular bag. I'm not as familiar with some of the vintage lines, particularly the satin lined ones, but that's my best guess. I'm also seeing something that indicates that this is REAL crocodile skin, not the croc embossed leather version. Do you see what I'm seeing @missfiggy?
If you'd rather PM me the answer on this that's fine, but what did you pay for this bag?

Hi @Prada Psycho !! Thank you for taking a look and helping here, really appreciate it. I don't mind at all, I paid $489 including sales tax.

It is funny you mention, because when I took the bag out the leather felt like genuine crocodile, not croc embossed at all. I mean...it feels BEAUTIFUL and oh so luxe and super soft to the touch. I only owned one tiny croc piece ever in my life which was a gucci genuine croc cardholder I got years ago from the boutique, so I'm not familiar with exotic skins from any designer at all.

This Prada croc skin feels exactly the same as my gucci cardholder which also makes me think it might be genuine croc. But of course, I'm so clueless, ha.

Again, thanks so much!!

Hi @Prada Psycho !! Thank you for taking a look and helping here, really appreciate it. I don't mind at all, I paid $489 including sales tax.

It is funny you mention, because when I took the bag out the leather felt like genuine crocodile, not croc embossed at all. I mean...it feels BEAUTIFUL and oh so luxe and super soft to the touch. I only owned one tiny croc piece ever in my life which was a gucci genuine croc cardholder I got years ago from the boutique, so I'm not familiar with exotic skins from any designer at all.

This Prada croc skin feels exactly the same as my gucci cardholder which also makes me think it might be genuine croc. But of course, I'm so clueless, ha.

Again, thanks so much!!

It's official then: You're a criminal!! You STOLE that bag! :giggle:

Joking of course, but you did amazingly well. Again, I want to hear from @missfiggy, but I'm 99.99999999999% sure that's actual crocodile skin, not the croc embossed leather. That's a great score!

Joking of course, but you did amazingly well. Again, I want to hear from @missfiggy, but I'm 99.99999999999% sure that's actual crocodile skin, not the croc embossed leather. That's a great score!

Hahahahahahahaha! :biggrin::biggrin: Holy crap!!! I'm actually freaking out because I never ever even dreamed of owning a full croc bag...ever! This is incredible !!! But honestly it feels so soft and supple, I really had a feeling it was genuine croc right when I pulled it out of the box because it just feels so good in your hand, way better than calf. I wonder how they missed it when they were authenticating it on fashionphile.

Thank you so so much! This seems to be my score of the decade! And yes I will wait for Missfiggy to confirm.

Hahahahahahahaha! :biggrin::biggrin: Holy crap!!! I'm actually freaking out because I never ever even dreamed of owning a full croc bag...ever! This is incredible !!! But honestly it feels so soft and supple, I really had a feeling it was genuine croc right when I pulled it out of the box because it just feels so good in your hand, way better than calf. I wonder how they missed it when they were authenticating it on fashionphile.

Thank you so so much! This seems to be my score of the decade! And yes I will wait for Missfiggy to confirm.

I should say "no comment" but let's just say their track record is less than stellar in that regard. :facepalm:

I see it, I see it!!!! It IS real 100% croc. Oh you lucky lucky lucky lady!!!!!

Now BOTH of you - go to bed!!!!

I see it, I see it!!!! It IS real 100% croc. Oh you lucky lucky lucky lady!!!!!

Now BOTH of you - go to bed!!!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!! I am literally shocked and speechless omg!!! Now I definitely won't be able to sleep! This is absolutely incredible. This color, the softness...just stunning! I really appreciate your help here, what a pleasant surprise, truly!

I wanted to ask though if you don't mind. Do you know what that red leather tag is on the inside? Also what era/time is this bag from? 90s?

Again thank you! You and @Prada Psycho have really made my entire year, and this year has been particularly rough for me, so I really appreciate your help!

• Love
Reactions: Prada Psycho
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!! I am literally shocked and speechless omg!!! Now I definitely won't be able to sleep! This is absolutely incredible. This color, the softness...just stunning! I really appreciate your help here, what a pleasant surprise, truly!

I wanted to ask though if you don't mind. Do you know what that red leather tag is on the inside? Also what era/time is this bag from? 90s?

Again thank you! You and @Prada Psycho have really made my entire year, and this year has been particularly rough for me, so I really appreciate your help!

The red leather tag probably has the same information as one of the cards would have carried. And my guess is late1990s/early 2000s. Mine was definitely printed croc and she was from early 1990s iirc.

Anyhoo -GO OUT AND ENJOY IT!!!!!

Hello All ! I am looking to get a prada re-edition 2005. It's not from ebay. But a local reseller site from where i am from (Singapore) and i would like to get some feedback on the authentication of this bag from any of the authenticator if possible. These are the photos given to me by the seller. I've 2 seller of similar price point. Please dont mind me posting another post on a DIFFERENT seller. :> Appreciate this community very much!

Attachments

• IMG_BDE871D27A77-1.jpeg
    IMG_BDE871D27A77-1.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_BDE871D27A77-2.jpeg
    IMG_BDE871D27A77-2.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_BDE871D27A77-3.jpeg
    IMG_BDE871D27A77-3.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_BDE871D27A77-4.jpeg
    IMG_BDE871D27A77-4.jpeg