Authenticate This Prada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be completely honest here: I think I am a bit still torn.

These are my thoughts (PP, Rosemary - please chime in):

1) This bag is extremely used, the nylon/hardware/leather has all been darkened based on dust and dirt. You can see it in the top-stitching.

2) I'd be for sure signed, sealed, delivered if she has the barcode/auth cards that come with the bag. if she didn't purchase it from a prada boutique (you'd have both cards; if you did you'd most likely only have one card). this can confirm any auth or determine the fake.

3) The stitching is immaculate...the hardware - not so immaculate.

let me know your thoughts. when i get back home - i'll look at the two i own.

i am not sure either but i don't see how it is extremely used. i personally wouldn't bid; it's too risky and there are a million other bags to choose from, why bother so much? ;)

Also to add, this bag also came with a detachable shoulder strap in the same colorway and with hardware in the same silver (stainless steel?).

do you have any authenticity or barcode cards that came with it?

no unfortunately I do not. to give some further information on this bag, I purchased it from a pre-owned luxury goods shop. The owner is quite well known in the area for authentic pre-owned luxury goods. He (the owner) said that the bag was a sample and had been purchased at a sample sale, and then was subsequently used at a photo shoot (carried by a model etc). After the photoshoot, it was then resold to the owner of the pre-owned luxury store. I bought it around the tune of about $400 (us), but I wasn't surprised at this price because samples usually go around this price. but I just wanted to make sure of authenticity (should have done that before I bought!)

i've seen this bag done in two materials - never seen this one, nor the colorway.

could it be that this bag is a sample and this color/material was never released ? could you authenticate this bag, looking at everything but the material and the colorway ? For example, are the other aspects of the bag, aside from color/material, ok ?

as of now - i can't confirm or deny the auth.

what is the name of this bag by the way ? thanks.

Last edited:
Everyone please help me on this bag :

1. Is it authentic Prada ?
  2. What is the name/style of this bag ?
Thanks!

i've seen this bag done in two materials - never seen this one, nor the colorway.

hmmm. let me know and i'll confirm an auth

Also to add, this bag also came with a detachable shoulder strap in the same colorway and with hardware in the same silver (stainless steel?).

no unfortunately I do not. to give some further information on this bag, I purchased it from a pre-owned luxury goods shop. The owner is quite well known in the area for authentic pre-owned luxury goods. He (the owner) said that the bag was a sample and had been purchased at a sample sale, and then was subsequently used at a photo shoot (carried by a model etc). After the photoshoot, it was then resold to the owner of the pre-owned luxury store. I bought it around the tune of about $400 (us), but I wasn't surprised at this price because samples usually go around this price. but I just wanted to make sure of authenticity (should have done that before I bought!)

could it be that this bag is a sample and this color/material was never released ? could you authenticate this bag, looking at everything but the material and the colorway ? For example, are the other aspects of the bag, aside from color/material, ok ?

what is the name of this bag by the way ? thanks.

It's fake.

It's the Prada Trunk bag.

Thanks for the reply. Could you provide some elaboration as to how you arrived at your conclusion ?
Which part of the bag was wrong ? Also please see my further reply above - this bag was apparently purchased from a sample sale.
Thanks!

i am reposting the pics as attachments to this thread. tinypic sucks!

Attachments

• prada3.jpg
    prada3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 83
  • prada4.jpg
    prada4.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 87
  • prada5.jpg
    prada5.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 86
  • prada6.jpg
    prada6.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 92
  • prada7.jpg
    prada7.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 84
Hi I was thinking to get the new Prada spring-summer 2009 Messager Bag from"Raffaello Network".Has anyone bought from them before and are they selling the real stuffs?
Need help to confirm they are selling real stuffs.

Raffaello Network is legit and only sells authentic. Do a search of the forum. You'll find tons of posts about them.

Everyone please help me on this bag :

1. Is it authentic Prada ?
  2. What is the name/style of this bag ?

Thanks!

f0ne3p.jpg

2qti90k.jpg

1zzjrrq.jpg

2hxlled.jpg

20j00ns.jpg

wqq7hd.jpg

zmb62t.jpg

2zxpfrn.jpg

It's fake, but a frightfully good fake. The scammers are getting better, but they still can't fool me.

Hi Guys, searched this by item number so if its been auth. already - I apologize!

Also, can you tell me what the original price was & if you are familiar with how it looks IRL?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&salenotsupported

I'm not familiar with this seller, but I believe the bag is authentic. Their other Prada looks OK. Don't know about the retail on this one, but my guess would be around 1K. It's from last summer's Stripes collection.

hmmm. let me know and i'll confirm an auth

It's a fake. I have no doubts at all. As I said in my other posts, the scammers are getting too good.

Thanks for the reply. Could you provide some elaboration as to how you arrived at your conclusion ?
Which part of the bag was wrong ? Also please see my further reply above - this bag was apparently purchased from a sample sale.
Thanks!

Oh goodie! Here's my weekly opportunity to post my sermon!

Since it's Sunday, I feel the need to add a little sermon based on the issues related to authenticating.

We are constantly asked on this thread how we can tell a bag (or whatever) is fake, what details give it away. We don't answer those questions because among other things, we don't like giving scammers tips on how to improve their trash.

I do this by choice, so I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but just on one clutch alone, I had to research multiple online sites, save photos on my computer so I can set them side by side and closely examine even the most minute detail. It's time consuming and it's not easy, folks!!!

I also am a Prada collector, though I will often go to Prada boutiques for the specific purpose to very closely examine the bags for each new season. I need to do that to look for details on authentic bags so I can bring it back here and hopefully provide accurate authentications.

Some items only take a glance, but more and more it's a fine art to discriminate fake from authentic.

This is why I say over and over that shopping on eBay or online shops other than reputable retailers is not for the uninitiated.

End of sermon... :angel:

By the way, the old "Sample Sale" and "Photo Shoot" stories are all just that: stories. Right up there with "this was a gift from my ex-boyfriend, who used to kick my dog, steal my money, stick his tongue out at my mother and look at me cross-eyed, so I selling it because he was so mean...." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll be completely honest here: I think I am a bit still torn.

These are my thoughts (PP, Rosemary - please chime in):

1) This bag is extremely used, the nylon/hardware/leather has all been darkened based on dust and dirt. You can see it in the top-stitching.

2) I'd be for sure signed, sealed, delivered if she has the barcode/auth cards that come with the bag. if she didn't purchase it from a prada boutique (you'd have both cards; if you did you'd most likely only have one card). this can confirm any auth or determine the fake.

3) The stitching is immaculate...the hardware - not so immaculate.

let me know your thoughts. when i get back home - i'll look at the two i own.

As I said in my post, I was ready to make a call. The call being: I wouldn't buy it. The fakes are too good, the cards are missing and the story of where it came from is usually attached to questionable items. I'm not saying fake or authentic. I'm just saying I'm uncertain enough not to recommend buying it.

Pass!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.