Authenticate This Mulberry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the help with the Brooke....

Beerjeery, that make up bag is in fact genuine. I'm not so good at new Mulberry's regarding fakes but anything pre a couple of years ago/vintage I'm pretty good. I've sold a few of that range and have a similar bag myself....the colour is a nice shade of purple with bright pink stitching, the leather is harness leather, smooth, sturdy and thick....and the lining and inside tag is correct.......I bought my bag direct from Mulberry in 2001, so this bag is around the same age.

In the listing they say brand new.....which can be confusing, it would be in brand new Condition, but is in fact around six years old.

Thanks Claudia. The pictures surely help :smile: The bag is very unique.

Regarding the purple bag, the interior tag is not the same as the one posted by Claudia - I am still suspicious of the listing posted. Claudia's tag has definite sharp square corners and the gold Mulberry writing is central, whereas the tag in the listing has slightly rounded corners, the writing is wonky (for use of a better word) and the initials seem slightly larger than they would normally be, in my opinion. Overall, the quality of the item in the listing does not appear to be the same as Claudia's, which I agree is a very nice looking bag!

I think the photos in the first listing are from two different bags. The camera work on the two photos which clearly look vanilla is quite different to the other two photos. The camera would not distort the colours or focus so much, so I would be inclined to ask the seller to provide additional photos, or leave the listing alone.

I think the photos in the first listing are from two different bags. The camera work on the two photos which clearly look vanilla is quite different to the other two photos. The camera would not distort the colours or focus so much, so I would be inclined to ask the seller to provide additional photos, or leave the listing alone.

Ask her for new photos all taken against the same background and same lighting conditions (with or without flash but not mixed).

Mmm, interesting - I have never seen it in those colours, if it is genuine, then I think it would be a sample piece, but I am really not sure about it. The zip goes the 'wrong' way, but some bags do, so we cannot set too much stall by that. The interior Mulberry label has some roundness to the edges, rather than sharp corners, but the serial number is not a common one used on fakes.

I think we need to take some other opinions on this bag, but personally I wouldn't bid on it, if it were me.

Cheyenne, the first (pink) bag looks a bit odd to me, though I am certainly no expert and you should have others weigh in as well. Things that stand out to me include:
-on the little covering for the key (I'm not sure what it's called), the Mulberry logo on this bag appears to be raised--usually I believe they are depressed
-the corners of the "Mulberry" tag stitched in look a bit round to me
-usually Bayswaters have an inside zip pocket on which there are 2 patch pockets, and on this is the "Mulberry" tag and metal disk--the inside pix here don't have the right pockets, and there is no disk/tag visible inside the bag either--I am wondering if all of these photos are from the same bag?

Just my thoughts. I'd skip this one.:sad:

My pink Bayswater looks pretty much the same as the one Cheyenne asked. The Mulberry disk is sewn to the other side not on the pocket side. The Mulberry logo is raised on the leather key cover... :confused1: And it was authenticated here as positive...

Status
Not open for further replies.