Authenticate this Louis Vuitton Speedy 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
why did you believe it was fake? my Cabas Piano has a ring around the date code and I bought that directly from Louis vuitton in Westchester. Please let me know. My sister bought this bag I wrote about. Thanks

My suspicions don't have anything to do with the ring around the date code. First, the price of $220 is extraordinarily low for a Speedy 30 in that condition. The fact that the seller let it go for that low is suspicious. Also the date code ends in a 5, which refers to 2005, and this bag has NO patina. Unless it's been in an airtight closet for the past 2+ years, there's no way it would be this light. Also, the seller doesn't provide any pictures of the date code itself nor the heat stamp that shows where it's made, which is pretty suspect.

I'd suggest that you get pictures of the date code and heat stamp before you pay, or wait until you get the bag and see what it looks like. Don't pay with existing paypal funds; pay with a credit card. It's the safest way to conduct the transaction in case you get a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.