Authenticate This Louis Vuitton >> Please read the rules & use the format in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Authenticator
O.G.
Jun 8, 2006
Note: This thread is continuing the previous http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...rules-use-format-476276-337.html#post11935673

Please post authenticity questions related to Louis Vuitton in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages or just use the REPORT function (
report.gif
button) to alert the mods, and let them handle it from there. In the meantime, just ignore the poster until a mod can intervene. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Please use the below format when requesting authentication for an auction item:

Item Name:
Item Number:
Seller ID:
Link:

If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
then attach any photos. (all authentication must include photos.)

Also, please do a search in this thread (type seller's name in "Search this thread" located on the top right corner) and check if the item has been reviewed by one of the senior authenticators before posting.

[Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.

[Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.

Authenticators are not required to answer every request, and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the [forum's contact form .

Last edited:
Help me, please.
So my friend got a Louis Vuitton. By looking at it I told her it was fake. You know, just a few signs. No date code (although this does not always scream fake), "Louis Vuitton" not evenly stamped on the inside and such even oxidation throughout the purse (even on the piping) and the LV's were so off point of matching with eachother. She said she took it to the Vuitton store and 4 people there said it was authentic. So I looked it up and the style is Musette Salsa. I have looked at about 35 different listing for this bag and they are not lined in brown fabric like hers is. Does anyone know if they would switch up the lining? I have not found even 1 Musette Salsa bag with this brown lining. It also looks like the strap was sealed with red plastic. PLEASE, HELP! Here's a link so the same style:
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-LOUIS-VUIT...s?hash=item27a0efb411&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
Also, I know many people who have gone to Vuitton or Coach store and the employees dont know if the older bags are real or not. SO I COME TO YOU GOOD PEOPLE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibezj View Post
Sorry about that. I asked to have this authenticated before but didn't have enough pictures.

Here are some more.

Thanks!
Looks OK, is the date code prefix "SD"?
Quote:

It looks like it does say SD.

Thanks Lee!

Attachments

• IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 2,335
  • IMG_3831a.jpg
    IMG_3831a.jpg