Authenticate This Judith Leiber

De-lurking to say that my (one) Leiber bag also has the Judith Leiber name engraved on the edge of the frame. You might ask if this one does also.

CB

Thanks Clutchbag. Where on the frame is it? My minaudiere doesn't seem to have the logo engraved anywhere on the outside, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. I'll check my leather and satin Leibers too. I've had them all for a while though, so maybe this is sth new?

My Leiber bag is one of the older top-opening Karang bags. I'm holding it now - as I open the bag, I can look down on the inside part of the metal frame (the part that folds together on the side) and there is a Judith Leiber signature on the edge. There is also a metal plate with the signature on the inside of the bag underneath the clasp.
I hope this helps!

CB

I am so tempted by the often half price bargains on glittery pretty Judith Leiber purses on ebay. (Yes I know, some people think they are old lady but I really like them, but can't afford new)
And I understand why some women would want to sell them, but I don't understand how one seller can have about twenty different JLs up for sale.

They look real from the photos, but should I take the risk ? :confused1:

i did get my leiber minaudiere from ebay. it was over 10 years ago, but seller was janefinds and i believe she still sells. these bags are rarely faked, so with a good seller, i'd say you'd do well on ebay.

I wanted to buy a pink leather large Judith Leiber bag with large silver closures. Inside the purse was a silk/satin Judith Leiber monogramed material.(Multi colored). Are these purses faked often? I didnt want to invest if this is a fake. Thanks

Be careful buying bags on eBay!! I did buy a Judith leiber off of eBay but did lots and lots of reading to know a "real" one. Got a vintage one (yes I am sure it is the real thing!!) that is really nice...quality is amazing on these bags!

I wanted to buy a pink leather large Judith Leiber bag with large silver closures. Inside the purse was a silk/satin Judith Leiber monogramed material.(Multi colored). Are these purses faked often? I didnt want to invest if this is a fake. Thanks

Be careful! Although I don't think these bags are faked as often as some of the other high end bags I am sure there are fakes out there. I did alot of reading and research to help me spot fakes. Also look carefully at the eBay seller's profile. I bought a Lynx coat off of eBay this winter and got taken!! However, my local furrier did a fantastic job in fixing the coat (also told me the coat would have sold for about $20,000 new and that my coat was probably only about 5 years old). However it cost me $$ to have it fixed...

Judith Leiber handbags should be signed somewhere on the frame (interior). The engraving will be deep and it will NOT be block printing. Ask the seller to show you a photo.