*CLOSED* Authenticate This Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, is there anyone who can help? Please?
Probably not. None of the pictures in the listing show the hallmarks so no reputable authenticator would be able to tell. You might check with Authenticate4U and see if they do jewelry. Of course you would have to get the necessary pictures from the seller.

Hello, I have recently bought a Van Cleef and Arpels bracelet on Ebay. It came with the authenticity certificate, pouch and looked real to me. To be safe, I took it to the VCA store for authentication. They charge $1,200 for the item to be authenticated so I asked to clean it instead. I have been informed that they don't clean or do any repairs to the fake items. 3 weeks later I got a call back to pick up the bracelet. The sales rep told me that it was not cleaned because its not real VCA.
This is the bracelet that I bought, it had the 750 stamp and serial number stamp that matches to the authenticity certificate. I'm ver disappointed :sad:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAN-CLEEF-a...v8XUgPfpHCjAykx4Fw7Ls%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Reactions: GoldTopaz
Are these two pieces of Givenchy jewelry real? I know they aren't gold lol. I just want to know if they are really Givenchy. Earrings look suspect, pendant looks like it may have a slight chance of being real haha. *Imgur album below!*

Hello, I have recently bought a Van Cleef and Arpels bracelet on Ebay. It came with the authenticity certificate, pouch and looked real to me. To be safe, I took it to the VCA store for authentication. They charge $1,200 for the item to be authenticated so I asked to clean it instead. I have been informed that they don't clean or do any repairs to the fake items. 3 weeks later I got a call back to pick up the bracelet. The sales rep told me that it was not cleaned because its not real VCA.
This is the bracelet that I bought, it had the 750 stamp and serial number stamp that matches to the authenticity certificate. I'm ver disappointed :sad:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAN-CLEEF-amp-ARPELS-Sweet-Alhambra-6-Diamond-Motifs-18k-White-Gold-Bracelet-NR-/322749214038?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=uuoAmCv8XUgPfpHCjAykx4Fw7Ls%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
This is so very unfortunate. Purchasing VCA on ebay is VERY risky now because of all the replicas. These shady sellers are going too great lengths to take advantage of unsuspecting buyers...a COA is not a guarantee of authenticity because the sellers are producing fake documents, boxes, ribbons and bags. In fact, the item shown the listing can be authentic while what you receive can be a replica. With 3D printing technology so widely available, the fakes abound. Most (if not all) turquoise listed is fake. Most of the fakes are shipping from China although the listing appears to be from a small town in the USA.
I used to wonder whether people were intentionally purchasing these fakes in order to get a decent VCA replica...
If you see a vintage alhambra pendant (or 10 motif or earrings) listed for $500.00 from a seller with barely any feedback you can pretty much assume that the item is not authentic. NOBODY from a small town is going to list VCA for an undervalued price.
Beware for these sellers who have a two week return period. They know that VCA will take longer than this to authenticate the piece. They are attempting to inspire confidence in their listing.
I hope that you are able to get your money back from ebay buyer protection. So very sorry that you had to go through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.