*CLOSED* Authenticate This Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
We currently do not have members that can assist with authenticating jewelry, please use a paid service, thank you!

Please post authenticity questions related to jewelry in this discussion thread.

It is very difficult, and sometimes impossible, to evaluate jewelry from photos. Metal stamps can be easily faked. To properly evaluate jewelry, typically you need tools and to have the piece in your hand.

Please add as many detailed and clear photos as possible. Thank you!

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on PurseForum are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by PurseForum members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such. Authenticators only represent themselves individually, not necessarily other authenticators or the staff of PurseForum.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I hope I am posting this question in the right place, if not, my apologies.

What do you think and what would you do?

I ordered the watch below:
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/wat...r-premier-wristwatch-circa-1990s/id-j_255134/

When it arrived, everything looked and felt legit, except that the leather had come undone on one side and needs to be glued back, this was not shown in the picture. The next day, I realized that the watch had a different serial number then the one pictured. I had confirmed with the seller that I would be getting the watch pictured before I ordered. This seller already had another one listed, that means they have had at least 3 of these watches. Everything about the seller and the item felt "right"...until they sent me a watch that wasn't the exact one in the photo. I'm in touch with 1stdibs... but curious to hear other people's thoughts, does this look authentic?

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 6,147
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 5,987
  • IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 5,948
  • IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 5,931
Hi, I got this recently and it tests positive with acid as 18kt. But with so many fakes out there. I thought I'd ask here. I've researched it for hours but still unsure. Thank you!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 6,191
The watch I have is what I expected it to be, but I am wondering about the brand now. The watch was sold as Attesa, with the shell logo I really like. There's a small print Citizen on it, too. Is this a Citizen watch? I haven't seen many Attesa watches for sale, so I don't feel I have much point of reference.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 1434725861076.jpg
    1434725861076.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 5,792
  • 1434725878591.jpg
    1434725878591.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 5,775
The watch I have is what I expected it to be, but I am wondering about the brand now. The watch was sold as Attesa, with the shell logo I really like. There's a small print Citizen on it, too. Is this a Citizen watch? I haven't seen many Attesa watches for sale, so I don't feel I have much point of reference.
Thank you.

Hi, Attesa is a line made by Citizens and I believe they are sold in Japan and Australia. Because its a Citizen Eco-Drive, its light powered so no battery to change!

Hi all -- I want to see if you can help me authenticate this. I have asked for more photos of the markings but from what I can tell it looks right? the inner diamond is a hexagon, deep love markings on the outside, thoughts?

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 5,660
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 5,607
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 5,642
Status
Not open for further replies.