Authenticate This J.Crew

Is this real? There seem to be quite a few fakes on ebay. HERE

newcoolblue1.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-CREW-TURQ...189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c45b253d

I just purchased a Bubble Necklace for a tenth of price at J.Crew. It's coming from China(!), so there's a high chance of it being a knock off. But for the price, it was too good to pass up. In the photos, the necklace looked spot on, so we'll see how it goes! I'll be sure to post pictures and info when it comes.

I just purchased a Bubble Necklace for a tenth of price at J.Crew. It's coming from China(!), so there's a high chance of it being a knock off. But for the price, it was too good to pass up. In the photos, the necklace looked spot on, so we'll see how it goes! I'll be sure to post pictures and info when it comes.

Any word?

Any word?

I must have been half asleep when posting a while back. To clarify, I got the necklace on Ebay from a seller based in China, not J.Crew.

My package arrived today! The quality is really nice, it has a substantial weight (five ounces, I checked lol!). The stones are evenly placed and set, the colors even and the same.

Onto the pictures:
- the color is way more vibrant than shown in the photos
- The stones have a faceted finish, just like the original necklace.
- The end caps on the dangling beads might be different than the original, but I quite like them.
- The gold color of the chain is the same as the one in the picture you posted.
- Sorry for the relative darkness of the pictures, it's a cloudy day =/

Attachments

• IMG_1476.JPG
    IMG_1476.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 792
  • IMG_1479.JPG
    IMG_1479.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_1480.JPG
    IMG_1480.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:
The Authentic necklaces have goldplated backs and hardware. The bubbles are faceted with the larger stones being slightly lighter than the smaller hanging stones.

As with most items on eBay if the seller has 100 to sell, more than likely they're going to be fake. Coming from China, well, yeah probably fake as well.

There is one seller that lives near Lynchburg, occasionally she gets her hands on a couple and sells them.

Hello,

I am not asking for a specific authentication of these bags linked below, but a more general question. I have seen this bag with a leather J. Crew brand label inside below the inner zip pocket, and I have seen it as a brass plaque as well. I assume this is a generational thing as this bag has been around for a while, and I can't imagine faking this bag as the price is *relatively* low. My question is, does anyone know if the brass or the leather indicates an older or a newer bag?

Thank you!
Beth

Here are two examples from bags currently on ebay.

Leather tag below inner zip pocket:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mint-J-Crew...r-/151462859622?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:DE:3160

Brass plaque below inner zip pocket:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Crew-Brom...e-/321571465559?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:DE:3160