Authenticate this - GUCCI Trench Coat

dj_sweet

Mar 18, 2010
Item Name: STUPENDO TRENCH UOMO GUCCI TG.48 COME NUOVO!!!!
Item Number: 250592010550
Seller ID: outletvintage
Link:CLICK HERE FOR LINK

I know this is for PURSES, but you guys seem to really know your stuff!

Can you look at this Trench Coat and tell me if its AUTHENTIC & hopefully explain some of the info on the label.

I'd love to know with year & collection its from, guessing its Tom Ford era (1996-2004)

This is the label...

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
dj_sweet I see that you are new (welcome) but you should post all Gucci stuff including clothes on the 'Authenticate This' thread

However - just this once...

from the pics the jacket looks fine but I have noted that there is no ribbon/chain that should be present at the nape of the neck as is usual in most Gucci jackets, trenches and coats (I have many jackets and coats from that era)

FYI, be aware there are many items of fake clothing esp turning up on *bay and they all have reasonable markings and are of the more classic variety

dj_sweet

Mar 18, 2010
Hi,

I actually purchased the item & although its not clear in the pictures - there is in fact a 'ribbon' at the nape of the neck, typical black 'ribbon' but with 2 very faint horizontal white stripes.

Do you know how to work out what year / collection the item is from by the data on the label?

I did post in the 'proper' forum thread but my post seemed to get overlooked because people post SO frequently (hope that makes sense)

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I don't kmow what year because it's such a classic style but from the label it's at least 5 years old (but we're not talking vintage here)