Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Are the bags listed online somewhere? If listed, please post links to listings and seller ID.

One picture of each bag usually isn't enough to authenticate although it's possible in this case.

Before commenting, I'd like to see pictures of the inside of each as well as the listings and seller IDs.

Please read Post #1 page 1 of the thread for the required information needed for authentication requests.

Reactions: Jacynthe
Are the bags listed online somewhere? If listed, please post links to listings and seller ID.

One picture of each bag usually isn't enough to authenticate although it's possible in this case.

Before commenting, I'd like to see pictures of the inside of each as well as the listings and seller IDs.

Please read Post #1 page 1 of the thread for the required information needed for authentication requests.
Hello! The bags are mine. I bought them at second hand store. Now it's almost 11 pm in my country but tomorrow I'll take photos. All 3 are leather inside. Also bought this one!

PhotoRoom-20221113_224731.png

PhotoRoom-20221113_224841.png

PhotoRoom-20221113_224917.png

¿Están las bolsas listadas en línea en alguna parte? Si aparece en la lista, publique enlaces a los listados y la identificación del vendedor.

Por lo general, una imagen de cada bolsa no es suficiente para autenticar, aunque es posible en este caso.

Antes de comentar, me gustaría ver fotos del interior de cada uno, así como los listados y las identificaciones del vendedor.

Lea la publicación n . ° 1, página 1 del hilo para obtener la información requerida necesaria para las solicitudes de autenticación.
Thanks for your help

PhotoRoom-20221113_092506.png

20221114_081417.jpg

20221114_081500.jpg

20221114_081514.jpg

PhotoRoom-20221113_090300.png

20221114_081627.jpg

20221114_081554.jpg

20221114_081604.jpg

PhotoRoom-20221113_091346.png

20221114_081321.jpg

20221114_081328.jpg

20221114_081354.jpg

More pictures are needed. Please show the inside, both sides of the red, white and blue label and state the source and seller ID.

ETA: Per post #1 on page 1:

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE, please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Se necesitan más imágenes. Muestre el interior, ambos lados de la etiqueta roja, blanca y azul e indique la fuente y la identificación del vendedor.

ETA: Según la publicación n.° 1 en la página 1:

Siga las siguientes reglas:

Antes de enviar una solicitud de autenticación, busque en este hilo para asegurarse de que el elemento no haya sido autenticado previamente. Este no es un hilo para hacer preguntas generales sobre DOONEY & BOURKE, consulte nuestro foro de bolsos y carteras para obtener dicha información.

Este es un servicio gratuito, pero es imperativo que ayude a nuestros autenticadores utilizando el siguiente formato:

Artículo:
Número de listado:
Vendedor:
Enlace:
Comentarios:
Si la bolsa en cuestión no está en un sitio de subastas, utilice lo siguiente:

Nombre del artículo (si lo sabe):
Enlace (si está disponible):
Luego adjunte cualquier foto (toda autenticación debe incluir fotos).

• Los autenticadores no están obligados a responder a todas las solicitudes y tienen derecho a ignorar una solicitud que no esté en el formato adecuado.
  • Tenga en cuenta que NO se permiten comentarios sobre el precio y el estado.
  • NO envíe mensajes privados a un autenticador o moderador para solicitar la autenticación. Todas y cada una de estas solicitudes deben publicarse en este hilo.
¡Lo siento! ¡Pensé que había subido las fotos correctamente! ¡Gracias por tu ayuda! Este bolso lo compro con los demás en una pequeña tienda de segunda mano.

20221114_081735.jpg

20221114_081740.jpg

20221114_081751.jpg

20221114_084812.jpg

PhotoRoom-20221113_224731.png

Hi,

Please authenticate this bag from kerytucker on Poshmark.
Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/Dooney-and-Bourke-Vintage-Cavalry-Crossbody-63713d7c87a2f507c5198acf

I'm hoping that the seller gets back to me and updates the listing with photos of the cloth tag.

Comparing these photos to listings for the Cavalry Spectator on VintageDooney.com, the only thing I notice is that the hangtag is not original to the bag. Missing hangtag is not a deal killer for me.

View attachment 5670784

View attachment 5670785

View attachment 5670786

View attachment 5670787

View attachment 5670788

View attachment 5670789
I don't usually authenticate listings on Poshmark because of the site and sellers' long history of lack of actions on reports and other issues but because there's no other Dooney authenticator, I will do this request.

The bag is authentic and the DB fob is the earlier (pre-duck) version of the fob. I believe the bag was made prior to when Dooney added the tag.

I don't usually authenticate listings on Poshmark because of the site and sellers' long history of lack of actions on reports and other issues but because there's no other Dooney authenticator, I will do this request.

The bag is authentic and the DB fob is the earlier (pre-duck) version of the fob. I believe the bag was made prior to when Dooney added the tag.
Thanks. Sadly, I've had bad experiences with Mercari, Etsy and Vestiaire Collective as far as ignoring reports as well. (Vestiaire takes it to another level and has no mechanism for reporting at all.) Is ebay better? I haven't used them much in years.

Thanks. Sadly, I've had bad experiences with Mercari, Etsy and Vestiaire Collective as far as ignoring reports as well. (Vestiaire takes it to another level and has no mechanism for reporting at all.) Is ebay better? I haven't used them much in years.
FYI, of those you've mentioned, I agree that Etsy and Vestiaire are bad too.

But Mercari seems to act when multiple reports (multiple users) are submitted. So if you post on the Hall of Shame thread and others report, it's way more likely that Mercari will remove the listing.