Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Thos two look fine to me. Older dooneys usually have 4 ,5 or 6 brass feet. All the other signs -- the zipper and the way it's attached at the ends to the bag are classic older Dooney.

my mother has bags that look just like that, and i'm thinking that red white and blue tag on the inside is something i've seen before. i'm going to go through the pages and see what the complaints where that they recieved, but so far it looks good to me.

they don't accept paypal!

it seems that all of the complaints so far are totally buyer induced... i'd say GO for it as that one bag is just ADORABLE! soooo classy and timeless!

i'm not NOT bidding on this but i think it's fake, that metal thing is just not happening... i totally think this is fake!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dooney-Bourke-A...ryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

am i completley wrong? i don't know, i've just never seen that metal plate with the duck... and it says dooney bourke, no &.... nothing... i've never seen a real bag labeled like that... the price tag thingy looks real but that metal plate??? does anyone have a bag with that on it? educate me!!!! lol

^^I actually think that's real, I have seen metal plates on the croc-embossed bags. Plus, I have seen a bunch of the croc bags at TJMaxx lately.

^^I actually think that's real, I have seen metal plates on the croc-embossed bags. Plus, I have seen a bunch of the croc bags at TJMaxx lately.

if you go and see some croc bags, compare and see if the plates look like that... i know metal detailing on dooneys aren't thin, and that plate looks thin and chinsy to me is all. i could be completley wrong i'm just trying to learn at this point lol! i'd like to know enough to be able to help ppl in the future :yes:

Batgirl0711, The Dooneys in your auction look great to me. The tag, pockets and strap attachments look good. The strap with the shoulder bag, equestrian it is called, is fake however. Dooney doesn't put rivets on regular width straps.They do put rivets with domes on one side on the narrow straps for wallets on a string if you have seen those.

Warning, the satchel has a brass zipper and the opening is stiff so if you happened to have a horrible scratch from a rose thorn on the side of your hand you would not be happy using this satchel. Not speaking from personal experience or anything. I sold my satchel like this one because of that scratch and zipper.

Oh, I am so happy! A Dooney forum! I only know about the AWL collection and have had oodles of them over the years.