Authenticate This DIOR

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

NOTE: The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Dear fellow Dior enthusiasts,

It is always our pleasure to help with your authentication requests; however, there have been various cases where such requests are not accompanied by basic requisite information. To that end, nataliam1976, LaMissy and I have agreed on the following guidelines and tips to streamline the authentication process.

Authentication guidelines/tips

1. All eBay authentication requests should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Item number:
Seller ID:
Direct URL link:

This format is adopted from the Hermès authentication thread. It is the most efficient way of making a request because:

(a) the item name immediately alerts the one of us with the most expertise to attend to that particular type of item,
(b) the inclusion of the item number facilitates a search of the thread for previous instances where it may already have been authenticated, and
(c) the seller ID is useful where we know of reputable resellers on eBay that sell only authentic items.

All authentication requests for other online resellers should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Online reseller name:
Direct URL link:

All authentication requests must be formatted in one of the above ways otherwise they may not be entertained.

2. Authentication can only happen when there are plenty of clear, closeup photos of the item, the more the better.

In particular, items cannot be authenticated without clear, closeup photos of both sides of the inside leather tag for bags or, in the case of wallets and other small leather goods, the 'Christian Dior Paris' stamp on the inside as well as the production sequence stamp found behind one of the bill compartments or card slots.

In addition, photos of any relevant hardware should also be provided, the more the better. In the case of Gauchos, clear closeups of both sides of the coin medallion lying flat (not at an angle), the key and the buckles are needed. For Saddles, a straight-on frontal shot of the entire bag (not at an angle), clear closeups of both sides of the 'CD' links on the strap, and the dangling 'D' charm on the flap.

Sunglasses cannot be authenticated without clear closeups of the insides of both of the arms.

All photos should be taken in plenty of natural lighting (sunlight) without flash. Clear closeups may be obtained by using the macro mode (the icon of a flower) on a digital camera. Photos should not be resized below 800x600 resolution.

Authentication requests which comply with the formatting requirement in part 1 but which otherwise fail to include these photo requirements may not be entertained.

3. In most cases, unless there are dead giveaways and obvious red flags, jewellery cannot be authenticated, even with plenty of photos. This is to do with the nature of Dior jewellery. Please therefore understand that we may not be able to help you with a jewellery authentication request.

4. Patience is a virtue. Do not re-post your request repeatedly just because another person's request has been attended to before yours. This may be because at the time there was no one with the requisite expertise to authenticate your item; this does not mean you are being ignored.

5. Courtesy is also a virtue. Please and thank-you are basic manners and good forum etiquette.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_8656.JPG
    IMG_8656.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8657.JPG
    IMG_8657.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_8658.JPG
    IMG_8658.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_8659.JPG
    IMG_8659.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8665.JPG
    IMG_8665.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_8666.JPG
    IMG_8666.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_8667.JPG
    IMG_8667.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 120
Dear authenticator,
Could you please help me authenticate this lady dior mini bag? I have this bag on hand so I'll add more detailed pics in this post as well! Thanks tons!

Seller: cjzcollection
Item: MINT / Authentic Christian Dior Mini Lady Dior in Black Monogram

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-Authentic-Christian-Dior-Mini-Lady-Dior-in-Black-Monogram/282514575808?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Best,
Chels
I believe this is authentic.

So hard to find an authentic one :sad: Can you please check this one? Thank you very much and have a nice day :smile:

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 110
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 113
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 115
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 111
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 117
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 109
  • s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 119
  • s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 115
  • s-l1600 (9).jpg
    s-l1600 (9).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 114
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 112
Hi there:smile: I'm looking to purchase my verey first Dior bag and I'm wondering if you'd be so kind and authenticate it for me. I'm buying this from a private seller and she claims the bag is from May, 2007. The bag does not come with a strap and the seller says they didn't come with straps until after 2007. Is this true? I'm sorry I don't have a link or item no, but I do have photos that the seller sent me.

Item name:Lady Dior medium
Seller ID: Private seller.

Any feedback is very much appreciated :smile:

Attachments

• Dior1 – Kopi.jpg
    Dior1 – Kopi.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Dior2 – Kopi.jpg
    Dior2 – Kopi.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Dior3 – Kopi.jpg
    Dior3 – Kopi.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Dior4 – Kopi.jpg
    Dior4 – Kopi.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Dior5 – Kopi.jpg
    Dior5 – Kopi.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Dior6 – Kopi.jpg
    Dior6 – Kopi.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Dior7 – Kopi.jpg
    Dior7 – Kopi.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Dior8 – Kopi.jpg
    Dior8 – Kopi.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Dior9 – Kopi.jpg
    Dior9 – Kopi.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Dior10.jpg
    Dior10.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 98
Hi there:smile: I'm looking to purchase my verey first Dior bag and I'm wondering if you'd be so kind and authenticate it for me. I'm buying this from a private seller and she claims the bag is from May, 2007. The bag does not come with a strap and the seller says they didn't come with straps until after 2007. Is this true? I'm sorry I don't have a link or item no, but I do have photos that the seller sent me.

Item name:Lady Dior medium
Seller ID: Private seller.

Any feedback is very much appreciated :smile:
The Lady Dior has always come with a detachable strap. The seller made that up.

As for the bag in the pictures, I believe it is authentic, but the bag was produced in 2005, not 2007. Something's fishy here.

The Lady Dior has always come with a detachable strap. The seller made that up.

As for the bag in the pictures, I believe it is authentic, but the bag was produced in 2005, not 2007. Something's fishy here.

Thank you so much for your quick reply:smile: So appreciated!!! The bag has had two owners so I'm considering giving the seller the benefit of the doubt here that she might just remember the date wrong, and also not have too much knowledge about the strap since she didn't buy it from the store herself.

Reactions: averagejoe
Thank you so much for your quick reply:smile: So appreciated!!! The bag has had two owners so I'm considering giving the seller the benefit of the doubt here that she might just remember the date wrong, and also not have too much knowledge about the strap since she didn't buy it from the store herself.
I rather that she said she didn't know. It's better than making stuff up based on misinformation.

Item name: Lady Dior
Reseller name: N/A
Direct URL link: N/A
Was wondering about this one, someone I know is moving and selling many bags. If this is real I thought I would give it a new home. If it is authentic, does anyone think that spot might be fixed in the last photo? Thank you so much for looking at it!!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 126
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 129
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 129
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 130
  • FullSizeRender-5.jpg
    FullSizeRender-5.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 134
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 129
Item name: Lady Dior
Reseller name: N/A
Direct URL link: N/A
Was wondering about this one, someone I know is moving and selling many bags. If this is real I thought I would give it a new home. If it is authentic, does anyone think that spot might be fixed in the last photo? Thank you so much for looking at it!!
I believe this is authentic. I don't know if that spot can be successfully redyed as it is rather dark. It may take several layers of dye which may change the texture of the leather.