Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Just a heads up that I asked Mypoupette to confirm they authenticated a bag listed by linda*s***stuff and they couldn't say for sure. Apparently they do so many authentications for her that they can't track which ones get listed and can only say they 'most likely did' if she says they did. I was very surprised! Definitely not a new subject, but this was a new-to-me layer.
ETA: is there a better place for this - I couldn't decide!
That's crazy and the most UNPROFESSIONAL statement I've ever heard!

The purpose of a professional authentication is to protect oneself (as seller) and reassure buyers. If the "professional" doesn't even know they vetted an item, how valid is their service and where is the reassurance?

Re their statement of, "they can't track which ones get listed and can only say they 'most likely did' if she says they did, " that proves nothing because there have been instances of forged authenticity statements (claiming to have been from Etinceler and A4U) as well as dishonest sellers claiming they had an item authenticated by (whatever company) when it wasn't authenticated.

If Linda of linda*s***stuff or any other seller who does a lot of business with MP can "claim" to have had their items authenticated and the company will say it's probably true, why even bother?

And especially when a seller has listed as many fakes as Linda has done and has used a company known to have made mistakes and said company is unable to verify that they authenticated a specific item, I'm inclined not to do business with either.

ETA: is there a better place for this - I couldn't decide!
This is a good place to post regarding Coach but you might consider copying or posting on the ebay subforum because a lot of members use MyPoupette (MP) for other branded items too.
https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/ebay-forum.56/

Edited to add: Okay, I did a quick search of Coach and MP to see what was authenticated. This is the first listing that came up.

It appears to be a possible Coach legacy Patricia bag but as a highly (and often well) faked style, there's NO WAY any authenticator could judge this bag based on the lousy and inadequate pictures in the listing! And not only do the pictures not show much of anything, there's no creed photo!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Dark-...395299?hash=item2f07be9c63:g:QRYAAOSw44BYCgI1

ETA Again: Here's another. Can anyone confirm that MP had enough information to authenticate this bag? Seriously!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Black...929012?hash=item58fafbd0b4:g:vzkAAOSwQodZbW4r

Last edited:
That's crazy and the most UNPROFESSIONAL statement I've ever heard!

The purpose of a professional authentication is to protect oneself (as seller) and reassure buyers. If the "professional" doesn't even know they vetted an item, how valid is their service and where is the reassurance?

Re their statement of, "they can't track which ones get listed and can only say they 'most likely did' if she says they did, " that proves nothing because there have been instances of forged authenticity statements (claiming to have been from Etinceler and A4U) as well as dishonest sellers claiming they had an item authenticated by (whatever company) when it wasn't authenticated.

If Linda of linda*s***stuff or any other seller who does a lot of business with MP can "claim" to have had their items authenticated and the company will say it's probably true, why even bother?

And especially when a seller has listed as many fakes as Linda has done and has used a company known to have made mistakes and said company is unable to verify that they authenticated a specific item, I'm inclined not to do business with either.

This is a good place to post regarding Coach but you might consider copying or posting on the ebay subforum because a lot of members use MyPoupette (MP) for other branded items too.
https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/ebay-forum.56/

Edited to add: Okay, I did a quick search of Coach and MP to see what was authenticated. This is the first listing that came up.

It appears to be a possible Coach legacy Patricia bag but as a highly (and often well) faked style, there's NO WAY any authenticator could judge this bag based on the lousy and inadequate pictures in the listing! And not only do the pictures not show much of anything, there's no creed photo!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Dark-...395299?hash=item2f07be9c63:g:QRYAAOSw44BYCgI1

ETA Again: Here's another. Can anyone confirm that MP had enough information to authenticate this bag? Seriously!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Black...929012?hash=item58fafbd0b4:g:vzkAAOSwQodZbW4r

Regarding the second one - no way would MP have been able to authenticate that one. I can, but only because I have 2 other photos of U-code Hungary bags in my files to compare the L5U-9927 serial stamp to. There's NOTHING else in those photos that would ever prove that bag is authentic.

Linda*s minions STINK when it comes to descriptions and photos though. Not only are the creed and serial almost completely unreadable unless you adjust your screen or monitor brightness to Maximum, but LINDA*S***STUFF says the bag has a 12-inch strap drop which it obviously doesn't, their photo clearly shows a drop of about 18 to 20 inches. What it DOES have is at least one extra non-original strap hole, maybe more - if the strap drop was actually 12 inches when measured that means there's at least one more strap hole punched in it in addition to the one the buckle is set at in the photo which is about 3-4 inches shorter than the shortest original strap hole. Extra strap holes in non-standard positions should be disclosed in the description. And nowhere in the description do they give the name or style number of the bag itself, which strikes me as laziness, lack of basic knowledge, or just plain unprofessionalism. SAD. :graucho:

Last edited:
Reactions: momtok
Item: EUC Vtg COACH USA Cafe Bag Festival Crossbody Messenger Shoulder Purse Navy Blue
Listing number:
Seller: trilistnik
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EUC-Vtg-COACH-USA-Cafe-Bag-Festival-Crossbody-Messenger-Shoulder-Purse-Navy-Blue/401370247540?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649#viTabs_0
Comments: Is it authentic? If yes....when was it made? Does it have a name? What colors did it come in?

Than you in advance.

The seller has the correct name in the listing, it's a Cafe Bag, style 4111 from the Lightweight Collection and made around 1991-92. Below is a thumbnail of Coach's early 1992 catalog description.

4111_Cafe Bag -lightweights 1992-a.jpg

Hello ladies, please authenticate this Mini Belt bag (#9826). It is in my possession. Thank you in advance for your expertise!

View attachment 3774571View attachment 3774588 View attachment 3774585View attachment 3774586

I'm sure it is fake.
I agree. The font is incorrect for bean bag creeds and the thickness of the text looks like the 012-3445 fake serial creeds.

ETA: Was/is there an ebay or other site listing from which this was purchased?

Last edited:
Reactions: xiaojzhang
Hello ladies, please authenticate this Mini Belt bag (#9826). It is in my possession. Thank you in advance for your expertise!

View attachment 3774571View attachment 3774588 View attachment 3774585View attachment 3774586

Sorry, i don't think it's genuine. The clips and one other detail on the strap are wrong, the leather hangtag is NOT from that time period and wasn't even made by Coach, the stamping is badly off-center. There's a center seam on the base of tha black one that shoul;dn't be there. But the biggest problem is the fonts and word spacing used in the creed stamp are completely wrong for any "bean bag" creed.

ETA - beaten by Whateve AGAIN.

Refresh, refresh, dammit.

Reactions: whateve
Hello everyone, could you please take a look at this crossbody? It's been sold, but I still wanted to here the pro's opinion. Thanks!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172657087044
Seller: salt-02
It might be okay but there's no way to definitively determine authenticity as listed. (None of her Coach listings have enough or the right pictures. Just stating serial numbers doesn't prove anything.)

It might be okay but there's no way to definitively determine authenticity as listed. (None of her Coach listings have enough or the right pictures. Just stating serial numbers doesn't prove anything.)
Thanks, BeenBurned! I wasn't sure either, although a bit suspicious. Still, didn't want to report it before checking with authenticators. I'll just let it go then.