Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

It's a genuine Soho Leather Flap Hobo from 2004, which means it technically won't be "vintage" until 2024.

Always use extreme caution when buying on Poshmark, and have EVERYTHING authenticated. Several members here have had a lot of trouble and frustration trying to get their money back for what turned out to have been fake handbags. PM is notoriously bad when it comes to authenticity issues.

It's a genuine Soho Leather Flap Hobo from 2004, which means it technically won't be "vintage" until 2024.

Always use extreme caution when buying on Poshmark, and have EVERYTHING authenticated. Several members here have had a lot of trouble and frustration trying to get their money back for what turned out to have been fake handbags. PM is notoriously bad when it comes to authenticity issues.
Thank you for your help! I appreciate it and I appreciate the advice about using caution when buying on Poshmark.

Hello ladies!

Could you please authenticate this coach for me? It was given to my mom as a gift from US. We are trying to sell it because my mom likes bigger bags. I am not familiar with Coach bags and their
creed. One interested buyer told me she hasn't seen a creed like this before.

"THIS IS A COACH ACCESSORY. THE STORYPATCH IS OUR BADGE OF AUTHENTICITY. FEW PEOPLE MAY SEE IT. BUT IT WILL ALWAYS BE A REMINDER OF OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY AND CRAFTMANSHIP." (Also attached the photos I took)

Hope you can help me out! Thank you so much in advance!

Item name: Blake Carryall
No J1692-F57892

View attachment 3679321 View attachment 3679322

View attachment 3679306 View attachment 3679307
View attachment 3679332 View attachment 3679336
Did your mother buy it online? Or did the person who gave the gift to your mother buy it from ebay or another online seller?

It looks good to me.

Beware that several of the newer styles are extremely well faked so you have to be very careful.

Please verify this bag. I've seen other bags like this with a buttoned strap. The seller emailed me that the original strap is not included. How would I go about searching or buying one?

Listing:
Coach VTG Kelly #6701 RARE Clutch Black Leather Top Handle Bag Bridle Satchel
Seller: beautifulhousecolorful
Item number: 282430107092
Link: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Coach-VTG-Kel...dle-Satchel-/282430107092?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

Please verify this bag. I've seen other bags like this with a buttoned strap. The seller emailed me that the original strap is not included. How would I go about searching or buying one?

Listing:
Link: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Coach-VTG-Kel...dle-Satchel-/282430107092?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE
There's a brown one with original strap for less if you're interested.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282448337507

Listing:

The bag is genuine but you'll NEVER find a replacement strap like the original unless you find another style 6701, because not only didn't Coach ever make replacement straps for that style, but because the strap runs all the way underneath the flap and the ends just snap together. There's no other way to attach a strap, and there's no way you'd ever find another one like it.

I'd strongly suggest waiting until you find a bag in that style that includes the original strap. The pics in the listing in Houseof999's post show how that strap was attached.

Last edited:
The bag is genuine but you'll NEVER find a replacement strap like the original unless you find another style 6701, because not only didn't Coach ever make replacement straps for that style, but because the strap runs all the way underneath the flap and the ends just snap together. There's no other way to attach a strap, and there's no way you'd ever find another one like it.

I'd strongly suggest waiting until you find a bag in that style that includes the original strap. The pics in the listing in Houseof999's post show how that strap was attached.

Thanks for your advice! I'll pass on this bag then.

Many thanks!

Yes, I love the color! After posting that I put about a dozen of their Coach bags in my favourites.

Mind if I do another couple or three? I am so deeply in love with my olive Willis now I'm sort of obsessed with getting more. :smile:
You're welcome. You may ask for as many as you like. However, I'll be leaving my computer soon for about 4 hours.