Authenticate This! Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
ParkAvenuePrincess said:
hello ladies, could you please give me your expert advice on this beautiful bag please?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COACH-Large-Tote-Shopper-Warm-Toffee-Brown-Ex-Cond_W0QQitemZ6889534097QQcategoryZ15730QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Many thanks

Hm. I dont recognize that style at all Park, and she only bought it 4 years ago so its not vintage or anything. Plus I thought the inside labels were stamped on a different layer if you get what I'm saying, but that ones stamped right on the bag. .? For example (Image credit: eBay) -

This

81_1_b.JPG

Versus this -

11657622_tp.jpg

Her feedback is great, but none of them mention her successfully selling authentic items.

I'm still not sure, I hope someone else can help you more!

the bags with leather interiors (like the classic bags) have the creed stamped directly on the interior leather. My mom's vintage Coach bags are like that. This bag was made in the US, so it was probably made more than 4 years ago. Perhaps she bought it at an outlet that still had older bags? Either way, a bag made in the US should be all leather, and have the creed stamped directly on the interior, no extra patch. :smile:

kezza said:
Perhaps she bought it at an outlet that still had older bags?

Even if it was bought at an outlet with older bags dont outlets stamp those circles on the label to indicate it was sold at an outlet? Or is this something that was recently started(?), because I dont see it on that bag. Thanks kezza! Always up for sharpening my COACH knowledge :heart:

abandonedimages said:
Even if it was bought at an outlet with older bags dont outlets stamp those circles on the label to indicate it was sold at an outlet? Or is this something that was recently started(?), because I dont see it on that bag. Thanks kezza! Always up for sharpening my COACH knowledge :heart:

Ah, of course, you're right. They'd stamp a target on it. Maybe a department store still had some of the older bags in stock, or maybe it was a returned item? She could also be remembering the age wrong, if she bought it 5 or 6 years ago this is what she would have gotten. I don't think they moved the manufacturing to China until 2000 or 2001. :hrmm:
But, yeah, it could just be a fake! :lol:

kezza said:
Ah, of course, you're right. They'd stamp a target on it. Maybe a department store still had some of the older bags in stock, or maybe it was a returned item? She could also be remembering the age wrong, if she bought it 5 or 6 years ago this is what she would have gotten. I don't think they moved the manufacturing to China until 2000 or 2001. :hrmm:
But, yeah, it could just be a fake! :lol:

Thanks kezza! What would I do without you ladies.

abandonedimages said:
I'm guessing they try and put authentic tags on fake bags hoping people dont know the numbers should match (?)

A little late on replying but, people try to switch tags not generally because they are returning fakes, but they try to return bags that cost less with a tag that costs more, to get more money back I guess. Probably easy for must here to identify that something is off about the price, but to new associates and people they might not realise it.

I just have a quick question..When I go to the Coach outlets they cut the price off the price tag so I guess you can't return it..but when you look on ebay the people that are selling the products from the outlets they still have the full price tag intact? Do they like work for the outlets so they don't have to cut off the price tag?

When I've bought stuff from the factory store on eBay the tag has been cut, I always assumed the seller was doing it (so I wouldn't know how much extra I was paying), but in the picture the side of the tag that doesn't have the price is what's visible, so i figure they hide the cut side, and show the full side?

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has seen this bag IRL or in the stores. It's not on the website anymore. Is it nice and a good substitute for a swing pack? Is it also authentic?
Thanks

Attachments

• coachoptic.JPG
    coachoptic.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 226
The crooked C's and apparent coarseness of the fabric make this look like a fake to me. Also, I don't think the flaps on the side pockets are the right size. Sorry, but I would stay away from this one!

ETA: for comparison, this is more like what it should look like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-COACH-LARGE...2QQihZ013QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Note the centered Cs, the pointed flaps on the side pockets, and the drop-away zipper flaps on the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.