Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Item: Coach Vintage Equestrian Cinch Drawstring Red Leather Bag
Seller: Ebay, Elizgran
Comments: Does this look OK? I was checking out similar bags online and they have an oval shaped bottom. This one is more round. Please and thank you for taking a look.

z-bag (3).jpg

z-bag.jpg

I purchased these two duffles over the weekend. I had come down with a miserable cold and was sleeping on the sofa when an alarm I had set on my phone to alert me about these went off. Since I was awake, I bid. I am including links to the listings and photos I took of their creeds since I'm not sure the original creed photos were clear enough for authentication.

1. British Tan duffle sac

Seller: ebonyfan100

Item: 144817736241

2. Black duffle sac

Seller: ebonyfan100

Item: 144817701019

Creed pics:

View attachment 5662876

View attachment 5662877

Thank you!
Both are authentic.

Reactions: Jacynthe
Item: Coach Vintage Equestrian Cinch Drawstring Red Leather Bag
Seller: Ebay, Elizgran
Comments: Does this look OK? I was checking out similar bags online and they have an oval shaped bottom. This one is more round. Please and thank you for taking a look.

View attachment 5662883

View attachment 5662884

I don't know why the seller is calling it an Equestrian style when it's NOT, not even close. It's a shame that you wasted your time looking for bags with that name that were never going to match this one, since this style is at least 10 years older than anything from the Equestrian line which wasn't even introduced until late 1997 and which always would have had a serial number with numbers AND letters, the Coach style number, and a different strap attachment.

DON'T EVER BELIEVE THAT SELLERS AWAYS KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT! This one obviously didn't.

This is a genuine Drawstring Sac Small (note the measurements) style 4020 and was made in the late 1980s for the Lightweight line.

From a late 1987 catalog:

4020_Drawstring Sac Sm Lightwts-1987 Hol.JPG

Last edited:
I don't know why the seller is calling it an Equestrian style when it's NOT, not even close. It's a shame that you spent time looking for bags with that name that were never going to match this one, since this style is at least 10 years older than anything from the Equestrian line which wasn't even introduced until late 1997 and which always would have had a serial number with numbers AND letters, the Coach style number, and a different strap attachment.

DON'T EVER BELIEVE THAT SELLERS AWAYS KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT! This one obviously didn't.

This is a genuine Drawstring Sac Small (note the measurements) style 4020 and was made in the late 1980s for the Lighweight line.

From a late 1987 catalog:

View attachment 5662903
Thank you so much!! I appreciate the info!

Any assistance in authenticating the following is much appreciated!

Item: Listed as “Coach New York Slim Satchel”
Seller and site where listed: Sunny Sideup, listed on Mercari
Link: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m79013008493/
Comments: I saw this seller listed once on Coach Hall of Shame thread, which does not inspire confidence!
The bag in question is okay.