Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

A poshmark purchase. A "Vintage COACH Museum Bag," style 4127. Really beautiful quality, but a funky smell (which I can deal with in a rehab). Please and thank you for taking a look. Poshmark, seller is TheShoeGirl1. Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-COACH-Museum-Bag-635f41e77f29ddf95a87bcba. This bag measures about 11 inches wide by 9 inches tall by 4 inches across the bottom.
Here is a creed pic:

20221123_155757.jpg

• Love
Reactions: SJAllison
hi! happy thanksgiving! when you get a chance i’m looking to have this wallet authenticated. i know it won’t have a serial number but the heat stamp makes me a little suspicious. i’ve seen other sheridan wallets that are not stamped so big and just say coach, not coach leatherware. i thought the company didn’t use leatherware past the 70s or so? and wouldn’t this wallet be from the 90s?

item name: sheridan kisslock wallet
working link: https://posh.mk/VylfBeLFdvb
seller name and site: shaundyas on poshmark. this seller also has this listing on mercari for a lower price and is active on both sites, so it’s not that one is an old listing. just curious about that.

FA34C665-5E1D-4435-A8B7-BF645878FE61.jpeg

B8A780EB-F2DF-4A7A-BF8B-A67ACB14E588.jpeg

F994574C-D209-4660-BFD7-68EBAD0DBE25.jpeg

E9B5DD95-121A-438D-869D-3DE7D551CFF2.jpeg

7846A59C-996B-463C-AF95-E970F6C0E114.jpeg

052BBAE6-75C4-4222-BEE9-C7360369C411.jpeg

AEC9D64C-3E55-40DF-B1E9-4A66763E96FD.jpeg

1D8014D8-E90F-47E4-8CAC-3761A4FE8593.jpeg

9D588B42-57DB-482F-BB9C-A15D7D7875A0.png

hi! happy thanksgiving! when you get a chance i’m looking to have this wallet authenticated. i know it won’t have a serial number but the heat stamp makes me a little suspicious. i’ve seen other sheridan wallets that are not stamped so big and just say coach, not coach leatherware. i thought the company didn’t use leatherware past the 70s or so? and wouldn’t this wallet be from the 90s?

item name: sheridan kisslock wallet
working link: https://posh.mk/VylfBeLFdvb
seller name and site: shaundyas on poshmark. this seller also has this listing on mercari for a lower price and is active on both sites, so it’s not that one is an old listing. just curious about that.

View attachment 5658881

View attachment 5658882

View attachment 5658883

View attachment 5658884

View attachment 5658885

View attachment 5658886

View attachment 5658887

View attachment 5658888

View attachment 5658889

Good catch! It's a Korean-made FAKE.

Very sharp of you to notice the LEATHERWARE stamp. Another major red flag is the color of the pebbled leather, it's much too gray. That exact grayish color on any "Sheridan" is always wrong. The light colors Coach used were much more of a light beige-y tan, or a darker British Tan shade, I think both were just called Tan in the catalogs. I'll try to find a catalog photo, we're just finishing up breakfast so it will be a few minutes.

ETA - here's a Korean fake bag in the same color:

dhunton1975-a.jpgdhunton1975-b.jpg

Here are the GENUINE Tan and Tan Sheridan wallet colors:
4302_Sheridan French Purse-1994 hol prev.jpg

4309_Sheridan Compact Clutch-Fall1994.jpg

Last edited:
@Hyacinth it’s “Shaundya” on Mercari

How do you find the catalog images? do you have them and you’re scanning them? or do you locate them online? I was looking for a catalog photo of the Sheridan!

Thank you.

Ooooh, do we have a treat for you! :yahoo:

In the main Coach forum, navigate to a link usually near the top right of the page for Coach Reference Library and then to the thread titled Vintage Coach Catalogs

or use this link:

Most if not all of the images can be clicked to enlarge them and clicked again. They range from a few from the 1970s to around 2001 and are mostly in chronological order although several pages near the end are a mix of dates. Please also note the copyright warnings posted on some pages, they are still Coach's images and are protected by their copyrights and trademarks. They are for personal use only, any other use such as copying them to sell is illegal and can be prosecuted by Coach as the legal copyright holder.

Have fun!

Last edited: