Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

The bag is fake.

We don't like to get too specific in describing the problems for several reasons including but not limited to not wanting to help the counterfeiters make better fakes, not to help less-than-honest sellers know what to avoid showing in their listings as well as the fact that there's no easy way to authenticate items without lots of experience.

In this case, there are problems with the hardware and with the creed, font and serial number not being correct for when and where made.

Ok thanks for the info!

Reactions: BeenBurned
Post links for the online listings and the seller's user name.
post a link to the listing and provide us with the seller's user name.
I was going to make the same request as @whateve but after seeing whateve's request, I did my own research.

RETURN IT FOR A REFUND AND BE VERY CAREFUL IN FUTURE PURCHASES.

The seller lied to you. The bag is fake, the receipt is fake and if you bought from a seller in the Philippines on Carousell, the seller is part of a ring of sellers with similar all fake items, phony receipts. (In fact, there have been so many fakes coming out of the PI that I recommend against doing business with seller from there.)

There are many sellers with the same phony receipts and all fakes. Receipts all have the same SA name, same "Coach" location, same buyer name, etc. The following are just some i found. There are dozens more!
Carousell sellers:
@authenticstuffphilippines

valencia0125

Chic Fashion Trends

Depop sellers - same fake items, receipts with same buyer names, same "Coach" location:
nicoleongse

Facebook:
De’Canteq butik -

I bought it in Lazada. Sad to know that I was deceived by the seller. Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Authenticators,

Could you please authenticate this bag? I bought on eBay from annvanvleck. No link available. I thought it might be a basic bag, but the hardware looks different on the straps and zipper pull than what I have seen online. Not sure if it is because of the age of bag. The creed looks really old with a glued serial number. Hoping someone could clarify bag style, year it was made and if it is authentic. I think colour is burgundy.

Thank you,

Attachments

• DA2EF788-2BFA-409E-934F-7D43471A2792.jpeg
    DA2EF788-2BFA-409E-934F-7D43471A2792.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 15
  • A679824A-8C2B-40AC-968E-E96815300F70.jpeg
    A679824A-8C2B-40AC-968E-E96815300F70.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 6ACDA6E5-839D-4F07-A8F9-A06A5703FBBF.jpeg
    6ACDA6E5-839D-4F07-A8F9-A06A5703FBBF.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 40C2B70E-734B-4410-A8DF-A28B1903E547.jpeg
    40C2B70E-734B-4410-A8DF-A28B1903E547.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 19
  • E11ACB61-7FF9-4900-B52D-42780C91BC86.jpeg
    E11ACB61-7FF9-4900-B52D-42780C91BC86.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 19
  • 5C6EE6E0-6FAC-4AEA-AE0A-40CBA59D5EB3.jpeg
    5C6EE6E0-6FAC-4AEA-AE0A-40CBA59D5EB3.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 913C152D-B7CF-46DF-B588-6FE93E98183E.jpeg
    913C152D-B7CF-46DF-B588-6FE93E98183E.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 17
Dear Authenticators,

Could you please authenticate this bag? I bought on eBay from annvanvleck. No link available. I thought it might be a basic bag, but the hardware looks different on the straps and zipper pull than what I have seen online. Not sure if it is because of the age of bag. The creed looks really old with a glued serial number. Hoping someone could clarify bag style, year it was made and if it is authentic. I think colour is burgundy.

Thank you,
It's authentic and is a basic bag, style 9455. (ETA: I believe it's from ~ 1980.)

Here's the listing:

Last edited:
Hello and Happy Mother’s Day! May I please have this bag authenticated? I appreciate all your hard work and expertise.

Item: Coach Prairie 9954
Seller: Etsy, GoodGirlVinatageGoods
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/100018...allery-1-3&from_market_listing_grid_organic=1
You copied the seller ID incorrectly. It's GoodGirlVintageGoods.

Although the bag you asked about is okay, this one is NOT!! BEWARE! (I didn't go through all the other listings but when a seller has a fake, it's pretty obvious that she doesn't verify her items before listing.)

You copied the seller ID incorrectly. It's GoodGirlVintageGoods.

Although the bag you asked about is okay, this one is NOT!! BEWARE! (I didn't go through all the other listings but when a seller has a fake, it's pretty obvious that she doesn't verify her items before listing.)
Thank you so much, BeenBurned! I hope you’re having a wonderful day!

Reactions: BeenBurned