Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hello. Hoping someone can help me here with this bag and tell me if it’s authentic. It is a forest green Coach Fletcher 4150, purchased on Poshmark. I’m having a hard time with it, it just feels a bit different and the zippper is throwing me off. But I see lots of other Fletchers online with the same zipper. Please help! Thank you! Measurements are approximately 11W by 8H and 4.5 inches wide.

Poshmark listing: https://posh.mk/szYrJ0gs6fb user mtv109
View attachment 5078484

View attachment 5078485

View attachment 5078486

View attachment 5078488

View attachment 5078489

View attachment 5078491

View attachment 5078503

View attachment 5078504

View attachment 5078514

It's genuine and made in 1998. I'm not sure why you're concerned about the zipper.

Thank you, it’s just different from my other vintage Coach bags and it’s black instead of brass, or even green to match the bag. Thank you for your time and help!!!

The zipper is nylon, and the color was probably the best match they could find to the color of the bag. Coach had been phasing out brass zippers for a while, and the Fletcher WAS from what had originally been the Lightweight line which preferred nylon zippers over brass because of the weight difference. You can ONLY compare those kinds of details between bags that are the same exact style and style number and made in the same time period.

The Costa Rica plant during the late 1990s and very early 2000s was at the tail end of Coach's supply lines, They got the castoffs, leftovers and almost-worn-out parts from other plants that had been closed or were about to close and ended up with some strange bits and pieces that they were expected to find a use for. So they did.

That's not the oddest thing we've found in those Costa Rica bags either. There are variations in things like creed and serial number stamps that can actually be traced through their history and their wear-and-tear once they were transferred to that plant, and differences between those details from that plant during its final few years should never be taken as indicating a CR bag is fake. The failure of Coach to even give them a new serial number stamp in 2004 that was capable of showing the "04" year code that the year required is a great example. There are Costa Rica bags made in 2004 that still have the single number "4" year code for 1994. I guess Coach figured the plant would be closed before the end of the year, so why bother?

For a plant that Coach seemed to think of as their red-headed step-child, they did some excellent work with what they were given to work with. And bags from that plant are among the best quality pieces Coach sold.

Last edited:
The zipper is nylon, and the color was probably the best match they could find to the color of the bag. Coach had been phasing out brass zippers for a while, and the Fletcher WAS from what had originally been the Lightweight line which preferred nylon zippers over brass because of the weight difference.

The Costa Rica plant during the late 1990s and very early 2000s was at the tail end of Coach's supply lines, They got the castoffs, leftovers and almost-worn-out parts from other plants that had been closed or were about to close and ended up with some strange bits and pieces that they were expected to find a use for. So they did.

That's not the oddest thing we've found in those Costa Rica bags either. There are variations in things like creed and serial number stamps that can actually be traced through their history once they were transferred to that plant, and differences between those details from that plant during its final few years should never be taken as indicating a CR bag is fake. The failure of Coach to even give them a new serial number stamp in 2004 that was capable of showing the "04" year code that the year required is a great example. There are Costa Rica bags made in 2004 that still have the single number "4" year code for 1994. I guess Coach figured the plant would be closed before the end of the year, so why bother?

For a plant that Coach seemed to think of as their red-headed step-child, they did some excellent work with what they were given to work with. And bags from that plant are among the best quality pieces Coach sold.
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing that detailed information!!! Wow I learned a lot, and that makes so much sense. I appreciate you so very much. Have an excellent day!!!

Hi, I'm Love. I bought a Coach bag online. It says it's authentic. The details in the creed is different from the one I'm seeing online. It says, "This is a coach bag. The storypatch is our badge of authenticity.Few people...". All written in capital Those are the details written before the serial numbers. The serial No. A1822-F29208.

Please help me identify if this is a fake coach bag. Thank you
Please help me identify if the coach bag that I bought online is original. It has an F word, from factory. The details in the creed are not the same with what I'm seeing online
Hi Coach Authenticators,

Kindly check this Coach bag that I bought online recently. As per the seller, the Coach bag is authentic.

Thank you.
Post links for the online listings and the seller's user name.
I was going to make the same request as @whateve but after seeing whateve's request, I did my own research.

RETURN IT FOR A REFUND AND BE VERY CAREFUL IN FUTURE PURCHASES.

The seller lied to you. The bag is fake, the receipt is fake and if you bought from a seller in the Philippines on Carousell, the seller is part of a ring of sellers with similar all fake items, phony receipts. (In fact, there have been so many fakes coming out of the PI that I recommend against doing business with seller from there.)

There are many sellers with the same phony receipts and all fakes. Receipts all have the same SA name, same "Coach" location, same buyer name, etc. The following are just some i found. There are dozens more!
Carousell sellers:
@authenticstuffphilippines

valencia0125

Chic Fashion Trends

Depop sellers - same fake items, receipts with same buyer names, same "Coach" location:
nicoleongse

Facebook:
De’Canteq butik -

Hello everyone,

Can you please authenticate this Coach purse I bought a couple years ago on Poshmark? I now know Poshmark is the land of fakes but I bought it because it was in rough shape, only $20 and I wanted to try rehabbing a bag that I didn't "love" but might use at some point. Since it was relatively cheap I didn't bother authenticating it at the time. I did search "E7B" on this forum because I thought that it was a weird number and the creed looked a bit odd and found a post where another purse with the same starting numbers was described as having an odd looking creed and thought the Court bag might be legit and it might just be the way the creed on some bags from a plant looked. However, I listed my Court on eBay earlier today and eBay removed the listing as being "fake" so now I'm thoroughly confused. If it is fake can you tell me what the "identifying things are" so I can make note to avoid them in the future? Thank you!

item: Coach Court 9870
obtained: Poshmark a couple years ago
Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-Coach-Leather-Cross-Body-Bag-5bd751031b3294a68857d294
comments: the third photo makes the purse look kinda lopsided but it was taken at a bit of an angle to avoid casting a shadow from the overhead light

Photo May 08, 11 35 04 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 35 19 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 35 31 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 35 55 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 36 15 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 36 52 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 37 05 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 38 46 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 38 53 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 43 42 AM.jpgPhoto May 08, 11 44 28 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Can you please authenticate this Coach purse I bought a couple years ago on Poshmark? I now know Poshmark is the land of fakes but I bought it because it was in rough shape, only $20 and I wanted to try rehabbing a bag that I didn't "love" but might use at some point. Since it was relatively cheap I didn't bother authenticating it at the time. I did search "E7B" on this forum because I thought that it was a weird number and the creed looked a bit odd and found a post where another purse with the same starting numbers was described as having an odd looking creed and thought the Court bag might be legit and it might just be the way the creed on some bags from a plant looked. However, I listed my Court on eBay earlier today and eBay removed the listing as being "fake" so now I'm thoroughly confused. If it is fake can you tell me what the "identifying things are" so I can make note to avoid them in the future? Thank you!

item: Coach Court 9870
obtained: Poshmark a couple years ago
Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-Coach-Leather-Cross-Body-Bag-5bd751031b3294a68857d294
comments: the third photo makes the purse look kinda lopsided but it was taken at a bit of an angle to avoid casting a shadow from the overhead light

View attachment 5078781View attachment 5078782View attachment 5078783View attachment 5078784View attachment 5078785View attachment 5078786View attachment 5078787View attachment 5078788View attachment 5078789View attachment 5078790View attachment 5078791
The bag is fake.

We don't like to get too specific in describing the problems for several reasons including but not limited to not wanting to help the counterfeiters make better fakes, not to help less-than-honest sellers know what to avoid showing in their listings as well as the fact that there's no easy way to authenticate items without lots of experience.

In this case, there are problems with the hardware and with the creed, font and serial number not being correct for when and where made.