Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hello:smile: I was wondering if someone could please authenticate this bag for me.

Item: Legacy 9966
Seller: june_cleaver
Site: Poshmark
Comment: so I purchased this bc the seller listed on the description that it was already authenticated on the purse forum. Pictures are from the listing. It looks nice but what do I know.

Screenshot_20210506-121408_Poshmark.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-121336_Poshmark.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-121343_Poshmark.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-121353_Poshmark.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-121348_Poshmark.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-121423_Poshmark.jpg

Reactions: Prudence64
Hello:smile: I was wondering if someone could please authenticate this bag for me.

Item: Legacy 9966
Seller: june_cleaver
Site: Poshmark
Comment: so I purchased this bc the seller listed on the description that it was already authenticated on the purse forum. Pictures are from the listing. It looks nice but what do I know.

View attachment 5076471
View attachment 5076472
View attachment 5076473
View attachment 5076475
View attachment 5076476
View attachment 5076478

Welcome to tPF!

The bag is genuine, the style was introduced in the late 1990s and this particular one was made in 2000. The style name is Legacy Zip, just as in the listing.

The seller is a regular poster here, we authenticated the bag before she listed it for sale. Instead of Copying & Pasting the listing details, we prefer for future authentications that you just Copy & Paste the actual listing URL if it's still available. If the photos are still available in an online listing there's no need to post them here, it can save you a lot of time. If we need additional photos, we'll ask for them specifically. Anyone who's a tPF member and who authenticates their items before listing them is usually very good at making sure their listing or auction photos include all the important details. :smile:

Last edited:
Welcome to tPF!

The bag is genuine, the style was introduced in the late 1990s and this particular one was made in 2000. The style name is Legacy Zip, just as in the listing.

The seller is a regular poster here, we authenticated the bag before she listed it for sale. Instead of Copying & Pasting the listing details, we prefer for future authentications that you just Copy & Paste the actual listing URL if it's still available. If the photos are still available in an online listing there's no need to post them here, it can save you a lot of time. If we need additional photos, we'll ask for them specifically. Anyone who's a tPF member and who authenticates their items before listing them is usually very good at making sure their listing or auction photos include all the important details. :smile:
Thank you for the clarification!:smile: I'm hoping to grow my collection so I'll be posting again! :biggrin:

Thank you for the clarification!:smile: I'm hoping to grow my collection so I'll be posting again! :biggrin:

Never hesitate to ask us if a Coach product is authentic. There are SO many fakes and almost every style in the last 30 or 40 years has been illegally copied at one time or another. And please don't believe 95 percent of the bogus "rules" on the internet about how to tell if a Coach is genuine. It takes a pair of human eyes, sometimes 3 or 4 pairs, years of experience, and a huge photo library of "comps" to make that kind of decision.

Never hesitate to ask us if a Coach product is authentic. There are SO many fakes and almost every style in the last 30 or 40 years has been illegally copied at one time or another. And please don't believe 95 percent of the bogus "rules" on the internet about how to tell if a Coach is genuine. It takes a pair of human eyes, sometimes 3 or 4 pairs, years of experience, and a huge photo library of "comps" to make that kind of decision.
Oh wow :sad: no wonder I was so confused with the information I found online! A lot of them contradict each other so I felt like I was running around in circles. I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much!

Reactions: KitOHara
Curious about this key fob I recently purchased. I think it's a monkey outline and I bought it because it was unique. I've not seen it before, so want to be sure it's genuine, though. It definitely feels and looks it to me - I received it today and it's got a really nice and unexpected heft to it.

Item: Monkey key fob (metal)
Listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203337821816
Seller: cosmobooks5

Thank you in advance - please let me know if any pictures are needed aside from the listing photos.