Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Good morning ,
Could you please authenciate this eBay item.
Seller: germ-donor
(I am supposed to be on bag ban right now. But I really want a Manor. Ban will assume after this. Go by seller's name, I have the rubbing alcohol spray bottle ready, lol...)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254561332949
It's authentic (1995) but that seller really should change her name!

The bag was correctly removed. It's fake.

There's way more wrong than just the style number not being correct for the bag. The creed is illegible and the serial number font is incorrect for the year and factory in which it was (supposedly) made, the hardware and turnlock are wrong and it doesn't appear that the interior zipper goes fully across the bag.

Before listing, it's a good idea to verify authenticity of any item that you didn't personally buy from a legitimate retailer.

Thank you so much! I have removed it from another place where I had it listed.

And lesson learned. I will be doing more careful research on the Coach bags I find "in the wild" so I suspect you'll see more of me here.

I really appreciate your sharing your expertise.

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Attachments

• 1A45DEFF-0673-46B4-BB9E-03949D1156F1.jpeg
    1A45DEFF-0673-46B4-BB9E-03949D1156F1.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 95
  • B82B400B-D7CB-48EC-A0A4-E39038F1DEC1.jpeg
    B82B400B-D7CB-48EC-A0A4-E39038F1DEC1.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 0F7B2E16-572E-4BBF-816E-5DF0BCD0C9CB.jpeg
    0F7B2E16-572E-4BBF-816E-5DF0BCD0C9CB.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 9676AFB6-9D36-410D-9DBB-795CA23396FF.jpeg
    9676AFB6-9D36-410D-9DBB-795CA23396FF.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 3436693A-D843-444D-ADB1-9BA5B9814128.jpeg
    3436693A-D843-444D-ADB1-9BA5B9814128.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 101

It's a genuine Soho Leather Flap from 2006

You posted the instructions but didn't follow them. The Required information wasn't included in your reply. I see that you're a new poster, but in the future please be sure to include the requested information.

Thank you, and welcome to tPF. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacynthe
Before this ships, can I have it authenticated? Also ID'd, if it's real? Thanks!

Seller: Debbie Courteau
https://merc.li/TwWKJxsKb

There's no way to authenticate it especially without a creed stamp or Coach stamp or mark of any kind. . There's nothing to even prove it's a Coach, the only thing with the Coach name is the hangtag and those can be faked or replaced.

ETA - Maybe a Carnival Bag 9925 from 1997? I need to find a listing to compare details.

EATA - If it's a Carnival Bag there should be a creed and serial number stamped inside the open front pocket. We need a photo of it.

MORE OPINIONS ARE WELCOME.

Last edited:
Someone reported my Kimball zip as a counterfeit and eBay removed it. Can you please verify?
inCollage_20200409_163834724.jpg Oops the Creed stamp got cut off in the collage. Sorry. Here's it is again.
IMG_20200409_163621.jpg
What do I do next? eBay phone service isn't available due to the pandemic.

Reactions: Jacynthe
Someone reported my Kimball zip as a counterfeit and eBay removed it. Can you please verify?
View attachment 4706811 Oops the Creed stamp got cut off in the collage. Sorry. Here's it is again.
View attachment 4706812
What do I do next? eBay phone service isn't available due to the pandemic.
It's authentic. I don't know what you should do. Even if you email them, if there is no one there, who is going to help you?