Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

May I have this Legacy Small Shopper checked out please.
Link. The link has since been removed, after sale, from the site , but here is the main page link.

Seller Luxurytrade.co.nz
Photos my own.
Last time I missed out on another bag so decided to take a chance.
Think it's OK but I always like to get the experts opinions.

Thank you.View attachment 6016564View attachment 6016565View attachment 6016566View attachment 6016567
It's fine.

Coach Station Bag

No. 0533-410
Website: https://jp.mercari.com/item/m350029...n_cuEW3DGxGDhD403FygcIyRX9lFZEa9NQTAQr0v3YMq4

Hi, I found this green Station bag on an online platform in Japan. However, the font for the word "COACH" and the numbers look suspicious. Just now, I read on the Internet that the font was stamped differently for the Station bag that has 2nd set of serial numbers starting with 4. Is this real or fake? Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Station1.png
    Station1.png
    684.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Station2.png
    Station2.png
    697 KB · Views: 10
  • Station3.png
    Station3.png
    538.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Station4.png
    Station4.png
    553.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Station5.png
    Station5.png
    562.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Coach Station Bag

No. 0533-410
Website: https://jp.mercari.com/item/m350029...n_cuEW3DGxGDhD403FygcIyRX9lFZEa9NQTAQr0v3YMq4

Hi, I found this green Station bag on an online platform in Japan. However, the font for the word "COACH" and the numbers look suspicious. Just now, I read on the Internet that the font was stamped differently for the Station bag that has 2nd set of serial numbers starting with 4. Is this real or fake? Thank you so much!
I believe it is authentic. I never heard anything about the 2nd set of numbers starting with a 4 but I've seen that font for the numbers before, and I just realized that nearly all the examples I have are station bags and do start with a 4 in the second set of numbers, and they are all in the format xxxx xxx. I have one more with the same font that doesn't start with a 4 in the second set of numbers and isn't a station bag.

I'm not seeing a problem with the font for the word Coach.

Hello lovely people, I'm really excited. I've found more of what may be real gems from the mid to late 1970s. If only they're authentic of course. Can I please get your help to authenticate these 2?

Thank you very very much in advance :smile:

1) Bonnie Cashin basic bag?

Site: Carousell

2) Bonnie Cashin clutch??

Site: Carousell

They are both authentic. Neither of them are Bonnie Cashin. Both were made in the early 80s. The first is a basic bag and the second appears to be a slim clutch large #9555.

Bought this gorgeous briefcase. Please give me more info. From Japan.Valuable?

Please authenticate this. Bought from Japan.
You've shown the same bag in both posts and each post has a different creed shown.

Please read the yellow highlighted post at the top of each page of the thread for the information and pictures we need.

I believe it is authentic. I never heard anything about the 2nd set of numbers starting with a 4 but I've seen that font for the numbers before, and I just realized that nearly all the examples I have are station bags and do start with a 4 in the second set of numbers, and they are all in the format xxxx xxx. I have one more with the same font that doesn't start with a 4 in the second set of numbers and isn't a station bag.

I'm not seeing a problem with the font for the word Coach.
Thank you so much for your time. I felt suspicious about the font after comparing it with other Station bags from other sellers. So since different font is not clearly meant to be fake, I decided to buy the bag ASAP :smile:

Reactions: whateve
Happy weekend all
I have this cute summer time Coach bag in pink and pale pink trimmed in pale tan. It looks good to me, but I can’t not find the little tag.Did I get duped? Thanks in advance. Have an awesome weekend. IMG_0087.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpeg
    IMG_0086.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    311.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0084.jpeg
    IMG_0084.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0072.jpeg
    IMG_0072.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 5
I apologize if I’m doing this wrong I just took really quick impulsive photos at my local goodwill. It’s a coach purse in a case and I was hoping to get it identified but I understand it that’s not possible considering the situation. I just saw it quickly and grabbed the photos I could since I couldn’t get it out of the case. But it’s a coach purse black with silver hardware maybe 10inches across 8 inches high.
Thank you for any info!
IMG_1687.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg
IMG_1685.jpeg

IMG_1689.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1687.jpeg
    IMG_1687.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 2
I apologize if I’m doing this wrong I just took really quick impulsive photos at my local goodwill. It’s a coach purse in a case and I was hoping to get it identified but I understand it that’s not possible considering the situation. I just saw it quickly and grabbed the photos I could since I couldn’t get it out of the case. But it’s a coach purse black with silver hardware maybe 10inches across 8 inches high.
Thank you for any info!
View attachment 6017434

View attachment 6017427
View attachment 6017428

View attachment 6017433

We can't authenticate it without clear pictures of the creed stamp and serial number from inside the bag, sorry. But we DO NOT recommend buying any "Coach" bag where those details are supposed to be present - not all Coaches have them! - but are not made easily visible to the potential buyer.

Goodwill has a very poor record of trying to determine if name-brand items are authentic and they often make the situation worse by depending on poorly set-up Authentication services that sometimes, like a well-advertised service whose name starts with "En..." couldn't authenticate a Coach correctly in many cases because they depend on AI and pay absolutely NO attention to much more important details such as serial numbers, fonts used in the stampings, and basic facts that the most accurate HUMAN authenticators use, such as fonts, production dates and plant locations as well as those very important creed and serial stamps.

There probably are hundreds of thousands of fake "Coaches" in circulation, going back as far as 40 years or even more. Don't take any chances of getting stuck with one.

Last edited: