Authenticate this Chloe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pursefan123

Mar 8, 2010
I bought this Chloe on Ebay and I'm so worried it's a fake! There was no dustbag included, and the circular Chloe tag says "Made in Italie" with that spelling of Italy, which I've never seen before. The bag does smell like leather, and it is slightly heavy, almost as heavy as my Louis Vitton (from the actual store) so that was comforting. However the stitching in some areas looks a little less consistent than others. I'm also not aware of the name of this design so I haven't been able to find images online to compare it to, which bothers me. The zippers are all the same color which is good, all silver. I read online that some Chloes are fake if the stitching on the handles faces towards the center (inward) and mine does; however I think that was only for Paddington's. I've attached pictures (not necessarily superhigh quality unfortunately), so I'm dying to know what you all think! I've got more pictures of details of the stitching and all the cards that came along with it but I'm at the max number of pics -- is there a way to add more? Also, the circular Chloe tag looks like it had been put back on the bag - it was bent at the top and bottom as if someone bent it to loop it back onto the bag!

The seller did guarantee my money back if the bag was fake, which she insists it is not. She says she bought it at Saks for $1,500+ tax.

Thanks everyone! :smile: This is such a great site.

Attachments

• IMG_3747.jpg
    IMG_3747.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3755.jpg
    IMG_3755.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3756.jpg
    IMG_3756.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3761.jpg
    IMG_3761.jpg