Please help authenticate.
Chanel mini, red, vintage crossbody bag, ghw
Title says: caviar but picture shows lambskin leather

Seller: Bukhara
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/272636990924
Serial Number: 1235380
Item number: 272636990924

Thank you!
Bag is authentic. The "caviar" in the title is just a mistake on seller's part. She did mention lambskin in her description :smile:

Reactions: Disisd
Please help me authenticate this tote, I purchased it already but it was not shipped yet - I will appreciate prompt response.

Item name: Chanel (GST) Grand Shopper Tote Black Caviar Bag w/ Gold Hardware

SERIAL NUMBER: 19752977

Link (if available): http://www.ebay.com/itm/182538101674?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Seller: amjaybabii02

Who took the pictures: seller

History of the bag: besides what is in the description of the auction, I also asked questions if she is the original owner and why is she selling this bag, sellers reply was:
"I am the original owner.. I got it at southcoast plaza in Costa Mesa here in Southern California.. I m selling it because I had recently moved into an apartment and had started school so I need some extra cash.. I didn t really use it because I was trying to baby it and not have any scratch or damage on it.. that s why it s still structured and no sagging in the corners.. thank you."

Comments: I had good comunication with the seller, she provided pics that I requested and picture of her receipt. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the fact, that she doesn't have any history of selling more expensive items and I've read that this could be a red flag.

If you can provide a clear picture of the CHANEL MADE IN stamp, and a sharper pic of the serial #, I would be able to give you a more accurate assessment.
I do not see any areas of concerns with the available details so far, though.

When posting back with new pictures, or info, please remember to quote your initial request/previous posts, so we have all pertinent info pertaining to your item contained in one post :smile:

Hi authenticators! Could you please help me authenticate the following bag:

Item Name (if you know it): Classic Flap (small)
SERIAL NUMBER: 12021428
Link (if available): http://www.vestiairecollective.com/...leather-timeless-chanel-handbag-3841499.shtml
Seller: Evgeniya
Who took the pictures: seller
History of the bag: unknown
Comments:

Thank you so much! :smile:
Seeing nothing wrong with this flap so far, but to confirm authenticity please request a sharp picture of the serial sticker and post back quoting your initial request :smile:

Item Name (if you know it): Authentic Chanel Black Gold Quilted Leather Reissue Bag 226 Classic Purse
SERIAL NUMBER: 11568571
Link (if available): https://www.ebay.com/itm/262948770104/URL] Item Number: 262948770104 Seller: jfrancisnyc Comments: asked seller some questions but no reply yet
It's authentic.
I'll repost the link for you as something went wrong when you copied and pasted it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Chanel-Black-Gold-Quilted-Leather-Reissue-Bag-226-Classic-Purse-/262948770104?hash=item3d38f7d138:g:0mwAAOSw3ZRY-7hp

Reactions: pookybear
Please help authenticate.
Chanel jumbo lambskin pale pink, classic single flap, shw

Seller: Trendlee
Serial number:12070187
Link: https://trendlee.com/products/handbags-chanel-classic-single-flap-quilted-lambskin-jumbo21123
Item number: 8615/01

Comments: I counted the stitching-- not 10-11 per diamond, like my caviar Chanel's. Does this mean it's a counterfeit? :sad:
If you bought this bag, you can post back with a picture of the CHANEL MADE IN stamp, but I don't expect any issues with this bag.
And we don't count the stitching to determine authenticity :smile:.

Reactions: Disisd
Need experts' help please!

Item Name (if you know it): Chanel GST
SERIAL NUMBER: 20332095
Link (if available): https://www.instagram.com/p/BTG3ZgSgkIQ/
Seller: Private Seller
Who took the pictures: Seller
History of the bag: Seller said that she had received bag as gift in 2015. Does not have receipt. She hardly used the bag and hence blue stickers are still intact.
Comments:

View attachment 3676361 View attachment 3676362 View attachment 3676363 View attachment 3676364 View attachment 3676365 View attachment 3676367 View attachment 3676368 View attachment 3676369 View attachment 3676373 View attachment 3676374
We unfortunately don't authenticate items on Facebook and Instagram. Please consult a paid service.
Should you have bought this bag, you can post back with a login shot in order to have your bag authenticated.
Login shot: the bag in front of your device while logged into your tPF account (showing your username). Example here.

I tried to take the same pic as the seller and it seems like it's because of the angle/lighting.
My pic doesn't also show the oval stamp.

Yes, I think I saw one girl in this forum has the same bag with the detail as me.
https://www.yoogiscloset.com/handba...mbskin-leather-classic-maxi-jumbo-xl-bag.html
This bag also has similar details with mine. What do you think about it? Does Chanel sometimes make inconsistency in their bags?
I hope @Roku can kindly help me with this issue. Thank you so much :smile:
They may look the same at first glance, but bag in the listing is different than yours and all details of that bag are in line with an authentic vintage Chanel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please follow posting instructions and requirements in post one and two, as well as instructions posted throughout the thread.

Please type out the serial # for our searchable database. If it is not legible say so in the field.

If the bag is not in an active or expired listing, please add a LOGIN SHOT
(the bag in front of your device while logged into your tPF account).

Please post In the following template:

Item name:
Serial number:
Listing number: (eBay listing #, site listing #, or if applicable)
Seller: (seller ID)
Link: (link to the sellers listing in eBay or other selling site)
Comments:

Please note the difficulties of authenticating 17 million plus series bags via pictures alone.

IF YOU'RE ASKED TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE QUOTE YOUR INITIAL REQUEST MAKING SURE ALL PRIOR INFORMATION/PICTURES CARRY FORWARD AND THEN ADD ADDITIONAL PICS, ETC. THIS HELPS TO OBTAIN AN EXPEDIENT RESPONSE WHEN ALL PERTINENT INFO IS CONTAINED WITHIN IN ONE POST.

Thank you!!

PLEASE READ FOR POSTING INSTRUCTIONS:

We'd like to ask all posting for authentication to please read the first two posts of this thread PRIOR to posting.

Please remember this is a volunteer thread and we cannot always guide each member as to what information is missing in order to process each request.

We ask that you please post in the required format with the necessary photos. We ask this of you not to make things difficult to obtain an authentication, but for the following reasons:
  1. The format allows for any member to search the database prior to purchase to see if the bag/SLG has been authenticated previously.
  2. Searching for the serial # prior to posting or purchase will show if it is known counterfeit serial #.
  3. Required pictures are needed to give an accurate assessment.
  4. Format helps give the authenticator pertinent details.
  5. Maintains consistency and allows us to maintain a searchable database available for all to search.
The number one reason authentication requests are skipped is because the format is not followed. The second reason is the request is missing necessary pictures to provide authentication.

Be an informed buyer. Ask the seller to provide the necessary pictures PRIOR to purchase or posting. This not only protects you as the buyer, but also provides you with the pictures necessary for authentication. You will also need the necessary photos for your reference upon receipt.

Authentications ARE NOT currently done on orphan images without a login shot nor from most social media sites. if the bag is in your POSSESSION, you need to include a LOGIN SHOT (the bag in front of your device while logged into your tPF account).

REQUIRED BAG/SLG PICTURES:

1. Front, back, sides and bottom of bag
  2. Up close, straight on picture of the Chanel and Made In Stamp
  3. Up close, straight on macro picture of the serial number in the bag
  4. The backplate of the lock
  5. The front CC closure
  6. Internal hardware (zipper pulls, snap, etc)
  7. Exterior hardware (male and female parts of a flap closure, rings on totes, decorative hardware, etc.)
REQUIRED COSTUME JEWELRY PICTURES:

1. An up close, straight on, macro shot of the oval signature plate, hang tag, clasp, signatures and any numbering.
  2. For earrings: pictures of front, back, clips on vintage or pierced backings and signature pics as noted in post one.
  3. Bracelets or cuffs: pictures of front, back, clasp or closure any signature details (CC on clasp or button closures) as well as signature pics as noted in post one.
  4. Necklaces or embellished belts: front, back, up close pictures of pearls, charms, embellished CC's, etc, clasp, as well as signatures as noted in post one.
  5. Brooches: front, back, any detailing as well as the closure and any signatures as noted in post one.
  6. Rings: front, back, band and any signatures as noted within post one.
  7. Watches will be looked at but most may be required to taken apart by a horologist to verify authenticity.
  8. Only costume jewelry will be done, no fine jewelry.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN OPINION WHEN ALL REQUIRED PICTURES CANNOT BE PROVIDED. WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO GIVE AN INFORMED OPINION AND CAN ONLY DO SO WITH ALL RELEVANT PICTURES.

If you are unsure how to post, please read back a few pages and note how others have posted processed requests.

We want to help you get your request processed upon the first request.

WE DO NOT CURRENTLY AUTHENTICATE ITEMS OFF OF INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK AS THEYRE NOT SELLING PLATFORMS.

Recommended paid services:
Entinceler in the US https://etincelerauthentications.com
Authenticate 4 U in the UK. http://www.authenticate4u.com

PHYSICAL INSPECTION/SPA:
Leather Surgeons http://www.leathersurgeons.com

Please scroll back a few pages for all instructions and for examples of processed requests.

Thank you!! :smile:

Here's a perfect example of what we're looking for when we ask for an up close straight on, macro picture of the serial #, provided by @ironic568 .

IMG_0416.JPG

Here's a quick picture taken of a login shot for your reference, click on the thumbnails to enlarge.

IMG_0424.JPG

Thank you!

Hi, if you could authenticate this bag for me, it would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Item name: Chanel 2.55 Mini bag
SERIAL NUMBER: 15625909
Seller: It's in my possession (login shot attached).
Who took the pictures: Me.
History of the bag: From 2012/13.

Attachments

• IMG_2618.jpg
    IMG_2618.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2619.jpg
    IMG_2619.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2482.jpg
    IMG_2482.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 219