**CLOSED** Authenticate This CHANEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again! I've since purchased this item and would be very appreciative if someone can tell me if this is authentic or not. Its made of hard plastic and covered in fabric, as shown in the photos. I'm attaching the photos from the listing (because they are very clear) but zoomed in to hopefully save you time from having to go to the link or in case the link is removed by the time you get to it. Even if it can't be authenticated, it would be helpful to know that as well. Many thanks in advance!!View attachment 3673620 View attachment 3673621 View attachment 3673622 View attachment 3673623 View attachment 3673624 View attachment 3673625 View attachment 3673626 View attachment 3673627 View attachment 3673628 View attachment 3673629
Hello,
Would you be able to provide a picture of the interior of the bag please? Specifically the entire interior, where the closure is, and where the strap is anchored by the two balls on each side of the interior. When adding additional pictures please quote your initial request so all information is contained within one post. Thank you!

Last edited:
Please follow posting instructions and requirements in post one and two, as well as instructions posted throughout the thread.

Please type out the serial # for our searchable database. If it is not legible say so in the field.

If the bag is not in an active or expired listing, please add a LOGIN SHOT
(the bag in front of your device while logged into your tPF account).

Please post In the following template:

Item name:
Serial number:
Listing number: (eBay listing #, site listing #, or if applicable)
Seller: (seller ID)
Link: (link to the sellers listing in eBay or other selling site)
Comments:

Please note the difficulties of authenticating 17 million plus series bags via pictures alone.

IF YOU'RE ASKED TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE QUOTE YOUR INITIAL REQUEST MAKING SURE ALL PRIOR INFORMATION/PICTURES CARRY FORWARD AND THEN ADD ADDITIONAL PICS, ETC. THIS HELPS TO OBTAIN AN EXPEDIENT RESPONSE WHEN ALL PERTINENT INFO IS CONTAINED WITHIN IN ONE POST.

Thank you!!

PLEASE READ FOR POSTING INSTRUCTIONS:

We'd like to ask all posting for authentication to please read the first two posts of this thread PRIOR to posting.

Please remember this is a volunteer thread and we cannot always guide each member as to what information is missing in order to process each request.

We ask that you please post in the required format with the necessary photos. We ask this of you not to make things difficult to obtain an authentication, but for the following reasons:
  1. The format allows for any member to search the database prior to purchase to see if the bag/SLG has been authenticated previously.
  2. Searching for the serial # prior to posting or purchase will show if it is known counterfeit serial #.
  3. Required pictures are needed to give an accurate assessment.
  4. Format helps give the authenticator pertinent details.
  5. Maintains consistency and allows us to maintain a searchable database available for all to search.
The number one reason authentication requests are skipped is because the format is not followed. The second reason is the request is missing necessary pictures to provide authentication.

Be an informed buyer. Ask the seller to provide the necessary pictures PRIOR to purchase or posting. This not only protects you as the buyer, but also provides you with the pictures necessary for authentication. You will also need the necessary photos for your reference upon receipt.

Authentications ARE NOT currently done on orphan images without a login shot nor from most social media sites. if the bag is in your POSSESSION, you need to include a LOGIN SHOT (the bag in front of your device while logged into your tPF account).

REQUIRED BAG/SLG PICTURES:

1. Front, back, sides and bottom of bag
  2. Up close, straight on picture of the Chanel and Made In Stamp
  3. Up close, straight on macro picture of the serial number in the bag
  4. The backplate of the lock
  5. The front CC closure
  6. Internal hardware (zipper pulls, snap, etc)
  7. Exterior hardware (male and female parts of a flap closure, rings on totes, decorative hardware, etc.)
REQUIRED COSTUME JEWELRY PICTURES:

1. An up close, straight on, macro shot of the oval signature plate, hang tag, clasp, signatures and any numbering.
  2. For earrings: pictures of front, back, clips on vintage or pierced backings and signature pics as noted in post one.
  3. Bracelets or cuffs: pictures of front, back, clasp or closure any signature details (CC on clasp or button closures) as well as signature pics as noted in post one.
  4. Necklaces or embellished belts: front, back, up close pictures of pearls, charms, embellished CC's, etc, clasp, as well as signatures as noted in post one.
  5. Brooches: front, back, any detailing as well as the closure and any signatures as noted in post one.
  6. Rings: front, back, band and any signatures as noted within post one.
  7. Watches will be looked at but most may be required to taken apart by a horologist to verify authenticity.
  8. Only costume jewelry will be done, no fine jewelry.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN OPINION WHEN ALL REQUIRED PICTURES CANNOT BE PROVIDED. WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO GIVE AN INFORMED OPINION AND CAN ONLY DO SO WITH ALL RELEVANT PICTURES.

If you are unsure how to post, please read back a few pages and note how others have posted processed requests.

We want to help you get your request processed upon the first request.

WE DO NOT CURRENTLY AUTHENTICATE ITEMS OFF OF INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK AS THEYRE NOT SELLING PLATFORMS.

Recommended paid services:
Entinceler in the US https://etincelerauthentications.com
Authenticate 4 U in the UK. http://www.authenticate4u.com

PHYSICAL INSPECTION/SPA:
Leather Surgeons http://www.leathersurgeons.com

Please scroll back a few pages for all instructions and for examples of processed requests.

Thank you!! :smile:

Here's a perfect example of what we're looking for when we ask for an up close straight on, macro picture of the serial #, provided by @ironic568 .

IMG_0416.JPG

Here's a quick picture taken of a login shot for your reference, click on the thumbnails to enlarge.

IMG_0424.JPG

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I purchased this bag and was wondering if its authentic.
Please help me otherwise I have to claim for a refund. Many Thanks much appreciated.
Item: Chanel rectangle mini flap ( Chanel Tasche Mini Rectangular Caviar Leder Silber HW)
Serial Number: 20273456
Listing number: 112364516923
Seller: 11Leonie11
Link: http://www.ebay.de/itm/CHANEL-Tasche-Mini-RECTANGULAR-Caviar-Leder-SILBER-HW/112364516923?_trksid=p2060778.c100275.m3474&_trkparms=ao=1&asc=20140813110703&meid=6139db657b6543ffa9930273e896e65d&pid=100275&
Comments:

Here are more pictures of the serialnumber. very hard to take a photo of it since its in the very inside. I hope its enough. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 180
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 189
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 185
  • FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 177
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 182
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 184
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0776.JPG
    IMG_0776.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 179
would really appreciate your help with the purse! Added pictures per authenticator's request! MANY THANKS!!

Item: Chanel Classic Boy Shoulder Bag Old Medium Black Lambskin Ruthenium HW W Receipt
Serial Number: 23097741
Listing number: 262811073800
Seller: ann_evlox4kad
Link: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/262811073800?ul_noapp=true
Comments:
Looks OK, but for higher series boys and classic flaps, I'd prefer to see a face forward, sharp and non-flash picture of the CHANEL MADE IN stamp.

I have a few questions, did you take all these pics yourself? Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems to me that there are at least 2 different sets of pics posted here.....
And the serial sticker, did you pull that out of the zippered pocket?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few questions, did you take all these pics yourself? Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems to me that there are at least 2 different sets of pics posted here.....
And the serial sticker, did you pull that out of the zippered pocket?
The detailed pictures were provided by the seller. I took the login pic ones. My phone is currently having problem so I wont be able to take high quality pictures. I hope its okay. Or do you need me to take the picture by myself?

Yes, the serial sticker is in the zipperer pocket :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.