**CLOSED** Authenticate This CHANEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder Per Roku;

I will only authenticate Chanel handbags and small leather goods:
1) if the request has an online listing link
2) or if there is no listing link available, the request includes photographs that have been taken by you, the requestor.

Additional requirements as follows:

REQUEST FORMAT: See post #1 for request format. Many requests get skipped because format is not followed or serial number is not included (must be typed out, being attached in a photographed is not sufficient). Format is important so others can search for the same item before getting it authenticated

PHOTOS REQUIRED: If the bare minimum photos are not included, your request will be skipped. Before including a request with a listing link, please make sure the listing includes the required photos prior to posting. If it does not, please procure those pictures and attach them along with your request post. See Post #2 for photos required, but especially require photos of:
Clear photo of front, back, interior shots of the bag,
a clear, up-front photo of the hologram sticker (if it exists on the bag) and
the CHANEL MADE IN FRANCE / CHANEL MADE IN ITALY / CHANEL MADE IN SPAIN stamps. (for some items including vintage items, the "Made In" stamp is located in a different location. Need both).
Hardware, back of zipper pull, back of turnlock plate photos are usually required. If it's a wallet or WOC, photo of the CHANEL PARIS on the button snap needed.
If the actual bag (the bag itself, not just the photos available) is missing the hologram sticker, or it is illegible please mention that. Detailed hardware photos become more imperative in these instances.
On the flip side, there is no need to re-attach the same photos that are already in the listing. It clogs up the thread.
If you do not have an online link and are just attaching photos, you must be the one taking the photos of the bag. Include a photo of the bag in front of your username displayed in the black menu bar of the TPF screen, to showcase you have the item in your possession. The backdrop must showcase you logged into TPF. Example here.
Other reasons why your request may have been skipped:
I do not authenticate requests without an online listing link (active or ended), including social media posts from Instagram, Facebook, or photos procured from the seller. I will still authenticate something you have in your possession. Any photos without a link must be taken by the TPF requestor (see preceding bullet).
I don't authenticate clothes, clothing accessories, shoes, jewelry, watches, cell phone chains, etc., purses and SLGs only
I don’t authenticate photos of most 17 million series and higher reissue, classic, and boy bags, unless it is from a seller who I know and trust (which are very, very few). Recommended authentication services is at the bottom of this post, but most of them don’t do photos for these either, due to so many super fakes. Sometimes, I will be able to still tell you if it's a fake or superfake.
I already authenticated or commented on that particular listing. Please do a search. That’s why we make everyone else follow the format
You're not a new member, but it seems that you only use the forum for authentication and not dialogue. Please post more, engage more in the TPF community. If you're new, and an auth reason brought you here, welcome!
Something about the bag, the listing, or the seller makes me uneasy, even though everything seems OK on the listing or photos.
Posts need to be separated into one request per post.
Due to my limited capacity I will no longer be authenticating listings from Craigslist or Gumtree
I also currently do not authenticate items on Tradesy.com due to my disappointment in the business practices of the company, where they are fully aware of the tens of thousands of misleading listings posted of items that are not in the seller's possession but in a different country, or not available for sale but undisclosed, because it helps them with SEO, traffic and advertising. Authentication in a way potentially helps a sale take place, and I have no desire to assist in the company's profits at this time. Every public shared selling platform has issues with bad listings, stolen photos, etc., but this company not only shows no attempt to fix this issue, but rather partakes in this practice and endorses these sellers, which is why I have singled this site out from others.
Due to counterfeiter lurkers on this thread and others, we are not permitted to post about authenticity attributes or discuss why's or why not's on authenticity. Keep in mind the only proof of authenticity is the item itself, and the only indicator of authenticity is if the bag is made by Chanel. Every "rule" has an exception, so on and so forth. Those "how to tell if your Chanel is authentic" tutorials do more harm then good. It's like if a doctor did a tutorial on how to perform a heart transplant. Does more harm than good, and is more dangerous than if the person knew nothing at all.

Recommended online authentication services for a small fee:
Etinceler Authentications (etincelerauthentications.com) - based in United States
Authenticate4U (authenticate4u.com) - based in the UK

Also, please do not PM me for an authentication request unless I've invited you to do so... Please post it here on this thread.

Thanks

Attachments

• 5AA2625D-125D-4FC8-8654-B03F12EFDF78_zpsdunxt8dd.jpg
    5AA2625D-125D-4FC8-8654-B03F12EFDF78_zpsdunxt8dd.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 2,910
Could you guys take a look at this beauty and tell me what you think?

Link: https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/266866017/1990-vintage-chanel-classic-shoulder-bag

1990 Vintage Chanel Classic Shoulder Bag calfskin
25cm x 15cm
Includes:

Authentic card
dust bag
Original box
Cleaning booklet
Ribbon

Pictures:

img1.etsystatic.com/131/0/12488184/il_570xN.916399341_f76x.jpg
img1.etsystatic.com/101/0/12488184/il_570xN.916399121_lnzj.jpg
img1.etsystatic.com/137/0/12488184/il_570xN.916399273_mm8r.jpg
img0.etsystatic.com/113/0/12488184/il_570xN.916649624_akxe.jpg
img0.etsystatic.com/105/0/12488184/il_570xN.916649768_lac1.jpg

I have messaged the seller and asked for more pictures + details but he hasn't answered yet (I messaged him a few days ago), so these are the only pictures I have as of now. But in the meantime, what do you guys think? Could this potentially be the real deal, or am I just wasting my time?
Thank you so much!!!

For future knowledge, please take the time to read the first two posts in this thread as well as post 18. There is not enough info here to authenticate anything and this is one of the most highly counterfeited bags out there. You can not buy a real highly coveted Boy bag for $500, and this bag is not from 1990.

Hello authenticators, may you please authenticate this Vintage Chanel Bag, I think made in 1996-1997.

Item: CHANEL Classic Double Flap Lambskin Black Bag
Serial Number: 4422452
Listing number: N/A
Seller: The Luxury Lady
Link: http://theluxurylady.com/products/chanel-classic-double-flap-black-lambskin-bag2
Comments: I attach the internal hologram sticker and the 'Made in France' logo as requested, as it is not included in the link. Hope it's fine! :smile:
The bag in the pictures is authentic not familiar with site

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could authenticate this reissue with the pictures that are currently available. I have not gotten an inside bar code sticker yet.
Item: Chanel Reissue Bag Mint Condition!
Serial Number: 14816003
Listing Number: 262314084646
Seller: bubbly1977
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262314084646...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Comments: I would greatly appreciate it if someone could authenticate this bag? Thank you so much!

Important photos required are missing. Please see signature. But no need to also attach photos which are already in listing either.

Please always repost your additional info or photos requested with the original information about the listing or item you are requesting authentication for, so that we don't have to jump between posts to reference as this is a fast-moving thread with multiple posts in between.

For anyone whose requests did not make it on this thread, and you still are waiting on a response, please re-post your request as the last one is closed and cannot be replied to. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.