Authenticate This Chanel

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Guest,
    If you've been around here for a while, you may know that @Vlad and I love a good April Fools' Day joke that we try to pull off yearly. Many times, our members forget and we get them, one time making everyone turn into Vlad, another year with a garishly awful new design, and another year no matter what button you pressed we alerted you that you requested your account terminated. It's always brought us such joy to have fun with you all, especially when we try to pull off a forum wide joke one day a year.

Continue reading...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey girls, I posted a picture of the 'made in' stamp earlier, but would like to be 100% sure if the rest of the bag looks ok too. Please let me know. I would be very grateful!

Attached Files:

2. O and here's one last picture of the tag that is supposedly attached...

Attached Files:

3. I got a reply from the seller of this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220219108407&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I asked for a close-up pic of hologram and pic of backside of bag to see the overall quilting.

She answered:
    I cannot get a shot of the hologram due to location. I've tried and tried. The serial number is 2043116. I've been told based, on that, it dates this bag to early 90's. It's in the lower left corner on a small blue rectangular tab which sits on top of white tab with the chanel logos. This bag is authentic and I will refund if you determine it is not. I will update my photos with back picture a little later today. Thanks

4. mo.space: chain wraps in tissue may not be fake, as the seller maybe protecting the chain from touching the leather. However, new bag wraps in plastic is fake.

5. It looks very promising but I would be reluctant to bid without a picture of the hologram sticker.

6. Looks good to me.:yes:

7. No, the chain wrapped in tissue does not mean the bag is fake.

8. Maddie4242,

I have many concerns about this bag.

First, I've compared your bag to the exact same bag in my archive that I maintain, and there is a inconsistency in the front CC logo. The CC logo from my archive is that of the normal/usual CC logo found in the typical classic flap.

Second, although the zipper manufacturer is correct, the black leather pull is not correct. It should be the same color as the interior lining.

Third, the back plate of the twist knob looks weird to be. I haven't seen that one....either that or I wasn't paying attention when seeing this bag IRL.

Fourth, I find the snap closure on this bag strange too. Typically, it is FLOX or CHANEL or CHANEL/PARIS. Never seen this one before.

You may want to take a clear close up picture of the hologram sticker showing the serial number and CC logos.

P.S., I'm in the process of going on vacation, so it may take me a while to answer back, depending if I get internet access from my hotel.

9. ^^^^ Hi Sophie, Thanks for replying back on this one!!! Have a wonderful vacation, we will miss you.

10. No problem, Michele.

11. ^^^^^^^^^^ Sophie, have a wonderful vacation, we will miss you.

12. Maddie4242,

One more thing, if you decide to take it in to a local Chanel for authentication, they won't do it or they'll be quick to answer "no, it's fake". Chanel SAs and managers are not allowed to authenticate. They cannot do written authentication letter either.

Once you post the hologram sticker, I'll take a look, but from what I've seen, it doesn't look good.

13. thanks jessicaelizabet:wlae:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.