Authenticate This CHANEL • Read the rules & use format outlined in 1st/2nd post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ladies,

I really need help on the authentication of this vintage chanel, since I do not have the expertise in this area.

Item Name: Vintage bag, so im not completely sure
Link:
http://s1323.photobucket.com/albums/u586/lineluca21/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Seller: private listing
Who took the pictures: I did
History of the bag: I have bought authentic chanel bags from this seller before, but there is something about this bag that makes my alarm ring. I have compared it with my own and a friends collection and we unfortunately are leaning to the fake side. However, I am not so strong in vintage/older versions, so I seek trust in you my fellow Chanel lovers :smile:

Here are my own comments
1. The leather is lovely and of good quality
2. The sewing parts are going all the way through the leather
3. The metal on the chain is real
4. BUT the little stick - which holds the chains is plastic and you can see a line (see picture)
5. The metal 4 metal circle in the leather (which holds the chains) are looking like they are made of plastic and they are more sharp and thinner than on my own bags (see pictures)
6. The outside zipper is plastic and you can see the name "LAMPO". (see picture)
7. The chanel logo hanging on the zipper is plastic and the little ring between logo and zipper is also plastic and poor quality/it is not closed as a circle (see pictures)
8. Inside/pocket zipper is also plastic and has a logo which looks like an "S" (see picture)
9. The logo hanging on inside pocket zipper is also light plastic. (see picture)
10. There is a sticker in the bottom of the bag on the opposite side of the pocket in the corner. It reads "1876660" - see picture.

Please feel free to ask me of any pictures I should take. Thank you sooo much in advance

Malou

Hello dear ladies,
I just purchased this chanel backpack from ebay and I am going to make my payment tomorrow,before I proceed could you please give me your opinion on the authenticity?
I wouldn't want to face any problems.
Item Name: Authentic CHANEL Black Quilted Backpack Bag CC Gold Chain Vintage B15481
Item Number: 230866182525
Seller's Name: brand_jfa
Ebay Link : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230866182525

Thank you very much, I would really appreciate your help.

This has been authenticated in post #5936, page 396, but was asked for more pics. Seller just updated photos as of 10/15/12 at 2:00am pst.

Item:100% authentic CHANEL black Vintage Jumbo Flap with 24k gold hardware
Listing number:180993905398
Seller:race2champ
Link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/180993905398?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Comments: bid ends real soon!

Please further authenticate. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Hello ladies, this is my first post on Chanel.

Could someone please help me identify a handbag...I am thinking it may be a camera bag but that might be totally wrong....anybody's help would very much be appreciated. Thank you in advance

View attachment 1913199

Thank you in advance :biggrin:

Hi DP this thread is for authenticating only there is another thread to help identify bags.......I don't think this is a camera bag, I would say its more likely a timeless tote but again I could be wrong because I'm no expert ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.