*CLOSED* Authenticate This Cartier *LEATHER GOODS ONLY no jewelry*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me authenticate (or not!) this Cartier trinity bag?

It is not leather on the outside, but I have seen mention of these bags made with "microfibre" outsides. It is cream suede on the inside. It is black with Cartier running over the outside in light lettering. It has Cartier zip pulls and a gold Cartier stamp on the inside. There is no "Made in France" that I can see. It does not have Cartier embossed on the handles, but it does have 1, 2 & 3 stamped on the inside of each handle respectively. The white silk which lines the pockets has "HUNGUN" running through the fabric intermittently. The silver handle seems to have lost its lustre while the others have not. I have seen a bag on eBay with exactly the same features being sold as genuine.

Anything else I should include?

More pictures to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_5630.jpg
    IMG_5630.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 909
  • IMG_5631.JPG
    IMG_5631.JPG
    327.9 KB · Views: 854
  • IMG_5632.JPG
    IMG_5632.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_5633.jpg
    IMG_5633.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 843
  • IMG_5634.jpg
    IMG_5634.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 834
nancyinpink said:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me authenticate (or not!) this Cartier trinity bag?

It is not leather on the outside, but I have seen mention of these bags made with "microfibre" outsides. It is cream suede on the inside. It is black with Cartier running over the outside in light lettering. It has Cartier zip pulls and a gold Cartier stamp on the inside. There is no "Made in France" that I can see. It does not have Cartier embossed on the handles, but it does have 1, 2 & 3 stamped on the inside of each handle respectively. The white silk which lines the pockets has "HUNGUN" running through the fabric intermittently. The silver handle seems to have lost its lustre while the others have not. I have seen a bag on eBay with exactly the same features being sold as genuine.

Anything else I should include?

More pictures to follow.

nancyinpink said:
More pictures...

nancyinpink said:
Last pictures...

Sorry, this is fake. Get your money back.

kmagpes said:
Hi! I was wondering if anyone can help me authenticate this Cartier purse? Please let me know which specific things I should ask the seller to send me pictures of..TIA! :smile:

http://www.list4all.com/mkmaple/___Cartier_beautiful_vintage_purse____i181.php

You need
Focused, clear Close-ups of the Maker's stamp, the brass plate, the zipper pulls, other hardware, and any other markings in the leather, such as a number or country of origin. These need to be daylight shots, not flash. Natural light through a window is fine, as is very lightly filtered light ( eg, holding tissue paper between light and the bag o reduce glare).

Got this Cartier bag from my mother-in-law. Not sure where she got it. Didn't know Cartier made purses. Do you think it is real?

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 801
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 768
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 737
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG