*CLOSED* Authenticate This Cartier *LEATHER GOODS ONLY no jewelry*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Please would you be able to take a look at the following bag.
Many thanks

Attachments

• 2314946429_2.jpg
    2314946429_2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 440
  • 2314946429_3.jpg
    2314946429_3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 452
  • 2314946429_1.jpg
    2314946429_1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 443
  • 2314946429.jpg
    2314946429.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 447
Hello. Please would you be able to take a look at the following bag.
Many thanks

Hi. Not enough detail here for me to make any kind of a comment. Could you please take photos of the stamping with no flash, plus look for any other small stamps or numbers inside the bag. They may be hard to find. Plus photos of the hardware where the bag joins the handles and hinges.

Hi. Not enough detail here for me to make any kind of a comment. Could you please take photos of the stamping with no flash, plus look for any other small stamps or numbers inside the bag. They may be hard to find. Plus photos of the hardware where the bag joins the handles and hinges.

Thanks for your reply :smile:
just bought it and I am waiting for delivery. as soon as I'll have it, will put more pictures.
Many thanks

Re the Louis Vuitton: please read the following link, follow the directions on photography and post to the Authenticate-this-LV page : note that there may or may not be a date code.

For the other bag, follow the same photography details and post back here and I will take a look.

For both, please look for any stamping or numbers on the bag. Use the little flower symbol on the camera (macro) and no flash. If you have no tripod, set the camera on a box or some books and use the self timer function on your camera (the little clock symbol).

Here is a link for some pictures for the Cartier suitcase. I would love to know what you think it is worth as well. I am not familiar with anything Cartier. Thanks
Traci

Thanks. I'd like you to flip open the key holder and photograph the lettering on the snap. Plus a picture of the zipper pull and any letters on the front and back of it.

You will need to use the macro setting. Switch to the little flower symbol, turn off the flash and prop up the bag and camera so you don't have to hold either of them still. Once you have the bag set up to photograph the snap, zipper pull/head, then turn on macro and move the camera back and forth until it focuses perfectly by itself. Then prop it up and take the picture. I usually use time delay on these kind of shots. That's the clock symbol on the camera in case you are not using it yet! If you are using these features, I apologize for over-instructing.

I have a Cartier bag that was inherited from a deceased friend, and I have no knowledge of what it is worth. It is not really a purse. It is more like a small carry on bag or small suitcase. I can not PM anyone as I am new to this forum. I would appreciate any help with this bag. I know it has to be worth a nice amount. it has been in storage for quite a few years. I also have a Louis Vuitton I would love to know what it is worth as well. I am a newbie to the world of purses and bags. Here is the link for the Cartier bag.
http://community.webshots.com/album/582730244gihcAB
and here is the link for the Louis Vuitton bag.
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/582731328XcDkUD

I am thankful for any information that anyone can give me on these bags.

Re the Louis Vuitton: please read the following link, follow the directions on photography and post to the Authenticate-this-LV page : note that there may or may not be a date code.

For the other bag, follow the same photography details and post back here and I will take a look.

For both, please look for any stamping or numbers on the bag. Use the little flower symbol on the camera (macro) and no flash. If you have no tripod, set the camera on a box or some books and use the self timer function on your camera (the little clock symbol).

Here is a link for some pictures for the Cartier suitcase. I would love to know what you think it is worth as well. I am not familiar with anything Cartier. Thanks
Traci

Thanks. I'd like you to flip open the key holder and photograph the lettering on the snap. Plus a picture of the zipper pull and any letters on the front and back of it.

You will need to use the macro setting. Switch to the little flower symbol, turn off the flash and prop up the bag and camera so you don't have to hold either of them still. Once you have the bag set up to photograph the snap, zipper pull/head, then turn on macro and move the camera back and forth until it focuses perfectly by itself. Then prop it up and take the picture. I usually use time delay on these kind of shots. That's the clock symbol on the camera in case you are not using it yet! If you are using these features, I apologize for over-instructing.

Congratulations. Based on what I can see in your photographs, I believe it is authentic. This is my personal opinion as a collector of vintage Cartier leather goods. I can't comment on possible value. If you enable private messages, I have a tiny bit more detail to tell you.

Last edited:
When I tried to go into the pm, it said I do not have authorization. So, I am guessing I have not posted enough. I am not sure how many posts I need but I fear I may not get there as I am not a collector of handbags, and I do not have any other than the ones that I asked about. If I am doing something wrong and just am not seeing how to do it, please tell me. :smile: I do appreciate your help on the bag I have. I have searched online and was not able to find anything similar at all to compare it to.

baronmom said:
When I tried to go into the pm, it said I do not have authorization. So, I am guessing I have not posted enough. I am not sure how many posts I need but I fear I may not get there as I am not a collector of handbags, and I do not have any other than the ones that I asked about. If I am doing something wrong and just am not seeing how to do it, please tell me. :smile: I do appreciate your help on the bag I have. I have searched online and was not able to find anything similar at all to compare it to.

Hi. I actually don't know the number of posts required before you can use private messaging. It could be close to the number of posts you have now, or it could be a number of days of membership. The restrictions are there to protect forum members against spam, but new members like you can get caught up in the barrier.

To test if you just need more posts, try going to forums/the playground/ and then look at anything you like. I am sure the board games could get you over the required number of posts very quickly. If the number of posts doesn't solve it, wait a few more days, then try again.

I believe that the default setting for PMs is on, so it will start automatically.

Hello.
I just received a bag and made extra pictures, it was really difficult to find a number and even harder to take a clear pic with my camera :smile: Can you take a look, please.
Many thanks

Attachments

• image064.jpg
    image064.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 404
  • image056.jpg
    image056.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 402
  • image054.jpg
    image054.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 407
  • image053.jpg
    image053.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 411
  • image051.jpg
    image051.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 402
  • image076.jpg
    image076.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 409
  • image075.jpg
    image075.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 402
  • image074.jpg
    image074.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 404
  • image072.jpg
    image072.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 399
  • image069.jpg
    image069.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 405
hello
please help
Many thanks

Hi. Thanks for taking pictures. Some of them are clear enough, but I'd like to see daylight photos of the metal, a better close up of the stamp (Made in and the model number- you may have to photograph these separately to get the focus right). Finally, please look for any engravings that you can on the metal work.

Hi. Thanks for taking pictures. Some of them are clear enough, but I'd like to see daylight photos of the metal, a better close up of the stamp (Made in and the model number- you may have to photograph these separately to get the focus right). Finally, please look for any engravings that you can on the metal work.

Thanks for your response!
sorry to reply so late
Those are the best pictures that I managed to do :smile: I think that are clearer. Unfortunately I am not sure what engravings I should look for I not see nothing like that.
I hope you can help me.
Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• image051.jpg
    image051.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,552
  • image052.jpg
    image052.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,526
  • image053.jpg
    image053.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,534