Authenticate This BURBERRY

Thanks! I just washed it before I took the photos, now the smell is gone. I got it from someone who bought it in a vintage shop in Denmark, he said that it was authenticated. I tried to find a similar tag online, but had no luck.

Thanks! I just washed it before I took the photos, now the smell is gone. I got it from someone who bought it in a vintage shop in Denmark, he said that it was authenticated. I tried to find a similar tag online, but had no luck.
Agree - looks like Burberry to me.
I wash them in very cold and then roll them up in a towel and hang to dry - how the label lies is a big clue about how it has been washed in the past. Good find
t

Quite surprised by the surface texture of this one - I don't think it is fake though - labels look good.
t

Quite surprised by the surface texture of this one - I don't think it is fake though - labels look good.
t

Thanks again! The seller said she bought it in an official New York Burberry store. I washed the other scarf in a garment bag on the wool cycle, let it dry flat outside on a towel, came out really good, smelling great. I have also ordered another scarf I haven't received yet, I wanted to buy one for my 16 year old niece, but after receiving the first one I realized I also needed a couple of scarves for myself. Now I just need to decide which to give her, and that I am not giving her a fake.

Again, I really appreciate your help!

Thanks again! The seller said she bought it in an official New York Burberry store. I washed the other scarf in a garment bag on the wool cycle, let it dry flat outside on a towel, came out really good, smelling great. I have also ordered another scarf I haven't received yet, I wanted to buy one for my 16 year old niece, but after receiving the first one I realized I also needed a couple of scarves for myself. Now I just need to decide which to give her, and that I am not giving her a fake.

Again, I really appreciate your help!
Nice Auntie!
You are welcome - send photos of the next one -
t

Reactions: Nusse
I agree that the box looks odd - let's see the plastic right side up and all pages of the content tag and the whole scarf laid out. How does it feel? Smell? What's on the other side of that white paper tag? Send the link to where it came from.
t

Reactions: Rami14
I agree that the box looks odd - let's see the plastic right side up and all pages of the content tag and the whole scarf laid out. How does it feel? Smell? What's on the other side of that white paper tag? Send the link to where it came from.
t
Hey, thanks for your help. Scarf is not mine yet. All the photos I have have been published. If you saw some red flags too I am very inclined to think that this is one of those "superfakes" that have been done in the recent years. Price is a red flag, "it was a gift" too and especially I can see that "Burberry London" writing is odd and different than those seen in genuine modern scarves. Nowadays the only possible ways in which you can authenticate these items is looking also at boxes. Those boxes are not correct for the current Burberry scarves in my opinion. It's so sad that very soon it won't be possible anymore to distinguish a real from a fake.
By the way, thanks a lot for your opinion and the incredible service you provide for everybody!

Hi Terite,

I wonder if you can help me authenticate this scarf? It feels great, incredibly soft, but has a couple of tassels that have come apart.

Thank you so much in advance!

Michelle

Attachments

• IMG_5892.JPG
    IMG_5892.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5893.JPG
    IMG_5893.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5895.JPG
    IMG_5895.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5897.JPG
    IMG_5897.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5923[1].JPG
    IMG_5923[1].JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 12
Hi Terite, got this trench coat at a thrift store and is in pretty rough condition. I have a feeling it is fake. Would love for you to take a look at it. Thank you!
Seems like the pictures didn't upload initially.

Attachments

• IMG_4926.jpg
    IMG_4926.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4919.jpg
    IMG_4919.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4921.jpg
    IMG_4921.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4923.jpg
    IMG_4923.jpg