• Fashionphile's Very Merry Sale launched today and ends on Friday at 11:59pm EST! $100 off your order of $1,000+ with code MERRY100, $200 off your order of $2,000+ with code MERRY200, or $300 off your order of $3,000+ with code MERRY300! Click or tap here to shop and save!

Authenticate This BURBERRY

terite

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
Unusual tag but it looks good / doesn’t look like it was ever washed - where does this come from ( has no made in England) ?
T

Nusse

Nov 19, 2020
Thanks! I just washed it before I took the photos, now the smell is gone. I got it from someone who bought it in a vintage shop in Denmark, he said that it was authenticated. I tried to find a similar tag online, but had no luck.

Nusse

Nov 19, 2020
Can I also ask about anotherone I have? I love to buy vintage, but I am not sure I am as good at telling who are trustworthy sellers as I think. :smile:

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Last edited:

terite

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
Thanks! I just washed it before I took the photos, now the smell is gone. I got it from someone who bought it in a vintage shop in Denmark, he said that it was authenticated. I tried to find a similar tag online, but had no luck.
Agree - looks like Burberry to me.
I wash them in very cold and then roll them up in a towel and hang to dry - how the label lies is a big clue about how it has been washed in the past. Good find
t

terite

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
Quite surprised by the surface texture of this one - I don't think it is fake though - labels look good.
t

Nusse

Nov 19, 2020
Quite surprised by the surface texture of this one - I don't think it is fake though - labels look good.
t
Thanks again! The seller said she bought it in an official New York Burberry store. I washed the other scarf in a garment bag on the wool cycle, let it dry flat outside on a towel, came out really good, smelling great. I have also ordered another scarf I haven't received yet, I wanted to buy one for my 16 year old niece, but after receiving the first one I realized I also needed a couple of scarves for myself. Now I just need to decide which to give her, and that I am not giving her a fake.

Again, I really appreciate your help!

terite

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
Thanks again! The seller said she bought it in an official New York Burberry store. I washed the other scarf in a garment bag on the wool cycle, let it dry flat outside on a towel, came out really good, smelling great. I have also ordered another scarf I haven't received yet, I wanted to buy one for my 16 year old niece, but after receiving the first one I realized I also needed a couple of scarves for myself. Now I just need to decide which to give her, and that I am not giving her a fake.

Again, I really appreciate your help!
Nice Auntie!
You are welcome - send photos of the next one -
t

Reactions: Nusse

terite

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
I agree that the box looks odd - let's see the plastic right side up and all pages of the content tag and the whole scarf laid out. How does it feel? Smell? What's on the other side of that white paper tag? Send the link to where it came from.
t

Reactions: Rami14

Rami14

Nov 26, 2021
I agree that the box looks odd - let's see the plastic right side up and all pages of the content tag and the whole scarf laid out. How does it feel? Smell? What's on the other side of that white paper tag? Send the link to where it came from.
t
Hey, thanks for your help. Scarf is not mine yet. All the photos I have have been published. If you saw some red flags too I am very inclined to think that this is one of those "superfakes" that have been done in the recent years. Price is a red flag, "it was a gift" too and especially I can see that "Burberry London" writing is odd and different than those seen in genuine modern scarves. Nowadays the only possible ways in which you can authenticate these items is looking also at boxes. Those boxes are not correct for the current Burberry scarves in my opinion. It's so sad that very soon it won't be possible anymore to distinguish a real from a fake.
By the way, thanks a lot for your opinion and the incredible service you provide for everybody!

Nusse

Nov 19, 2020
Hi Terite,
The last scarf arrived today...This is a lambswool burberry scarf. What was odd, is that the checks looks different from the cashmere burberrys scarf. Thanks in advance!:heart:

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image4.jpg

image0.jpg

new2burberry

Dec 7, 2021
Hi Terite, got this trench coat at a thrift store and is in pretty rough condition. I have a feeling it is fake. Would love for you to take a look at it. Thank you!

new2burberry

Dec 7, 2021
Hi Terite, got this trench coat at a thrift store and is in pretty rough condition. I have a feeling it is fake. Would love for you to take a look at it. Thank you!
Seems like the pictures didn't upload initially.

Attachments